Adenn's easy to understand TR LMG Analysis - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Now with no meat filling for vegetarians!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-07-21, 06:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Adenn
Private

Misc Info
Adenn's easy to understand TR LMG Analysis

Hey PSU!

I made a rather lengthy post on the TR lmgs (which I consider myself an expert on) and since this is the 1st time I made a post with the length and that informative I've decided to share it with all of you and hear your opnions

I've kept the numbers out of it so some people don't get confused but I do know them so if you wish to get into a statistics battle, go ahead.

So here's a link, combining the format would be to much hell for me to do:

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...alysis.142039/
Old 2013-07-21, 07:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
exohkay
Private

Re: Adenn's easy to understand TR LMG Analysis

Nice link.

I don't think the TR LMGs are bad per se, but they all feel very similar, with little visual, auditory or other distinctions.

If they got revamped with different audio and models, they'd be great, but definitely attachments need reworking (for all factions, IMO - some VS weapons have stupid attachments... )
Old 2013-07-21, 07:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Adenn
Private

Misc Info

Originally Posted by exohkay View Post
Nice link.

I don't think the TR LMGs are bad per se, but they all feel very similar, with little visual, auditory or other distinctions.

If they got revamped with different audio and models, they'd be great, but definitely attachments need reworking (for all factions, IMO - some VS weapons have stupid attachments... )
I can't speak for VS obviously so I won't get into that.

Maybe because you don't play TR enough but I can identify 1 TR LMG from another at a glance. They did remodel some of the guns and for me they are different enough as they are.

Now gameplay related, yes they are very similar. Especially with the T16 and T32 in the middle ground. But if they made it even more different then they would be cardboard cut outs from NC/VS and lose our factions traits (High ROF).

But in the end I agree, they are similar when it comes to gameplay and only top tier TR players notice the differences.
Old 2013-07-21, 07:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Rolfski
Major

I consider myself fairly experienced with TR LMG's as well but my conclusions are somewhat different however.

First I would add in statistics to support your conclusions. Secondly, I would add in all LMG's available to TR so Carv S (which is really not the Carv Shit any more since the latest buffs) and NS-15M (good beginner friendly gun but not better than TR LMG's) as well. You could even make a case to include the MCG (great allround gun if you know how to use it) in your analysis to complete the primary guns available to TR HA.

As for your conclusions:
T32 Bull and T16 Rhino are both designed as med range guns imo: T32 as the mobile gun (superior move ads accuracy), T16 as the sustained fire gun (big magazine). The advanced fwd grip (lower horizontal recoil) and higher bullet speed make the T16 the better med-long range gun, the compensator (lower vertical recoil) and hip and ads accuracy makes the T32 the better gun for short-med range. Having said that, the increased hip accuracy on the T32 doesn't make much sense imo. This gun lacks dps to be used in CQB but at least it's nice to have if you run into it.

So I can kinda see what they where thinking with these attachments although I don't necessarily agree to them (2x scopes should be available for all guns).

As a guy who likes to stay mobile and reloads often, I personally prefer the T32 over the T16 for med range fights (Amp stations, Tech plants, etc.) but both are good for that. Anything beyond med range is TMG 50 territory (superior burst fire, damage and accuracy), anything below med range I would take the MSW-R (dps, hipfire) for a LMG.
If you don't know what range you're going to be fighting on, Carv-S is actually not a bad allround option (good dps, good burst fire, good attachments) although I prefer the MCG (with extended mags) for that.

Last edited by Rolfski; 2013-07-21 at 08:21 AM.
Old 2013-07-21, 08:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Ive been using the tmg50 and man it is so buttery smooth to shoot. It also has a nice heavy machinegun sound when you fire it.

Personally I think this gun is an upgrade over the gauss saw. Easy to shoot without a single cert point it has win written all over it.
Old 2013-07-21, 08:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Adenn
Private

Misc Info

I spoke mostly about weapons I use. I trialed the NS LMG but hated it so never bought thus I won't comment on it.

Same with the Carv S. I plan on purchasing it and getting auraxium on it but only to get all auraxiums on my TR LMGs (Right now on the T32 Bull). I have 1132 kills with the MCG and have a big opinion on it so if people are really interested in reading my opinion on the MCG I will gladly post it.

The reason for not including stats is in my 1st post.

TLR I only spoke about things I had experience with, so the Carv S and NS were left out and I consider the MCG irrelevant.

Moving on to your points Rolfski:
The T32's ADS move accuracy is completely irrelevant due to the nerf to adad. So ADS accuracy isn't a good counter-argument for the Bull.

Now your reasoning for using it is fast reload and...ads accuracy I guess?? The MSW-R has a faster reload if I recall and a higher ROF with a easy to compensate recoil (If you have a foregrip and burstfire at mid range). So MSW is imho superior. The 10 extra shots the bull has over the MSW isn't a big factor either imo.

So unless you don't like burst firing (unlike me) I don't see any plus on taking the Bull over the MSW with foregrip. If you don't mind a slightly longer reload but with the benefit of 100 rounds amongst other benefits I won't bother to name, then the T16 easily beats the Bull.

So to finalize this post, I truly believe the Bull needs a buff. It simply isn't worth it in it's current state over the MSW-R(Higher skill required however) or T16 (Even easier to use and more rounds).
Old 2013-07-21, 09:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Ruffdog
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Thanks for this. Just got finished with my CARV Auraxium and looking forward to using something else now. Possibly Rhino looking at this.

Old 2013-07-21, 10:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Rolfski
Major

I disagree that the T16 is easier to use over the T32. On shorter ranges, the lower vertical recoil will make it easier to burst fire headshots with the T32.
And the 0,35 ADS move COF over the 0,4 COF of the T16 still comes in handy if you like to move when shooting, like I do.
On longer ranges, the better horizontal recoil and bullet speed of the T16 will prevail.

And when comparing the T32 with the MSW-R: Beyond 50 metres I would always take the T32. T32 just handles better: lower vertical recoil, lower horizontal recoil, better burst fire, higher bullet speed.

Does that mean the T32 couldn't use a buff? I think it could.
They should remove the hipfire bonuses and instead lower the first shot multiplier to 1,5 times, making it a dedicated med-long range burst fire gun, where the T16 is better for sustained fire. Except for extended mags, both T16 and T32 should share the same attachments, including advanced fwd grip and compensator.
And the ridiculous ammo pool nerf, that never made any sense, should be rewinded.

Btw would love to hear your opinion on the MCG.
Old 2013-07-21, 10:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Adenn
Private

Misc Info

I believe then that the T16 and T32 are a matter of preference. While the majority of the player base prefers the T16 (I don't think anyone in FU uses the T32) I suppose some may find the T32 a better choice. Again a matter of opinion

I only have ~300~ kills with the T32 so I'm not that experienced with the weapon either whilst with the T16 I have ~1800~ .

Now I extremely disagree with the notion that the T32 has a superior burst fire to the MSW-R. My problem is the T32 doesn't have enough recoil, I suppose. It simply has such low vertical and horizontal recoil that it is simply better to spray. Same with the T16.

Now the T32 and T16 are so similar to each other that it isn't a big deal to choose one over the other but I still maintain the opinion that the T16 is easier and simply overall better then the T32 for your average player. More ammo, extremely low recoil, tighter COF and high bullet velocity.

Again, I'm thinking on the average player in the case he is looking for a jack of all trade weapons.

As for the MCG, will do a write up.
Old 2013-07-21, 12:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Rolfski
Major

Originally Posted by Adenn View Post
Now I extremely disagree with the notion that the T32 has a superior burst fire to the MSW-R. My problem is the T32 doesn't have enough recoil, I suppose. It simply has such low vertical and horizontal recoil that it is simply better to spray. Same with the T16.
The first shot recoil multiplier for the MSW-R is 2,5. That of the T32 and T16 is 2 (used to be 3 for T16). Now this is very noticeable for burst firing, especially if you take the lower vertical and horizontal recoil of T32/T16 into account.

If you go to VR and start burst firing with these weapons at longer ranges you can test the differences yourself: With the MSW-R your second shot of your burst will simply overshoot more often, making it a worse burst fire weapon.

Btw T16 does NOT have tighter COF vs T32. Check your stats: For most situations T32 has the tighter COF which is why I prefer it over T16.

Last edited by Rolfski; 2013-07-21 at 12:24 PM.
Old 2013-07-21, 01:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Nice writeup, it expands my working knowledge beyond simply 'Bang! Bangbangbangbangbang!'

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Old 2013-07-21, 01:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

Damn, I shoulda read this thread first. Now my post over on the official forums is irrelevant.

I might be getting myself the MCG after all. Running around with a Haymaker can get tiring and isn't as effective over medium range.

Thanks for the post, anyway.
Old 2013-07-21, 06:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Adenn
Private

Misc Info

My opinion on the current MCG

Short Answer: I hate it.

Long Answer:

I have 1100 kills on the MCG, if you don't believe me check my player stats. So now you know I'm not talking out of my ass.

Anyways, when the game launch I was conflicted with the weapon. I found it highly enjoyable yet I was more effective with my Carv so after 200 kills with the weapon I ended up placing it back in the locker only occasionally taking it out.

Months later when it got a buff and their was the ADS instant shooting bug I used it all the time. You see, I watched a video on youtube about the chain gun which taught you how to properly use it.

I completely loved it and realized that the gun wasn't bad, but rather had a higher skill floor. I won't go into details but it was essentially a full auto sniper rifle whilst being decent at close range.

Then they changed it with the spin up time...then it became useless to me. I can no longer snipe enemies from mid-long range. The ROF gives the enemies a chance to run and by the time I get the highest amount of ROF the COF is far too large for sniping.

At close range the low ROF has gotten me killed many times as well and the TTK in this game is far too low for me to reach the high ROF before one of us dies. The only time the spin up time is useful for me now is when I manage to flank a large group of enemies and mow them all down, other wise and tend to get FF or shoot everything but my enemy due to the COF.

So yeah, I hate the new MCG. I've tried going back to it to get the auraxium medal but I just can't. They made the skill floor/ceiling lower with this remake of it. I wish you could press "B" to have an alternative firing mode without the spin up time because that killed the gun for me.
Old 2013-07-21, 07:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
War Barney
Sergeant Major

I would like to point out one thing, don't lie and say good players say the SAW is good, I know how to control recoil and its awful, my outfit members know how to control recoil and its AWFUL. You know why? cos its damage isn't that good compared to its rpm, I crunched the numbers and it has about 1550 dps which is about 150 less than the other starter lmgs.

You combine that with its horrible recoil and its a very bad gun as you can't shoot for long burst as you will end up hitting passing satellites instead, as such the rpm is for all intensive purposes about half what it actually says. I don't really know any NC players who use the SAW, its ok for sniping but anything else its pretty much the em1-6 or the GD 22s, the SAW is worthless.

I know this is slightly derailing the thread but I hate to see people lie about the worst gun in the game trying to make out like its good. If you want to know about bad LMGs play the NC, we have the worst, they have bad recoil and low damage, pretty much every TR and VS lmg will beat a NC lmg in close-medium range combat, at long-extreme range the NC lmg is ok but thats infiltrator territory not heavy.
Old 2013-07-21, 09:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Dougnifico
First Lieutenant

I mostly play heavy assault and I personally think the TMG-50 is overrated. Its ok, but its not all that. I would take the Carv or the T-16 over it any day. I do agree that the T-16 needs a compensator and a x2 Reflex. This would give it some more long range utility. Also is it just me or does the T-16 seem to be under used?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion