PSU: Known to cause spam
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Political Debate Forum

Old 2013-12-19, 02:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Hater Tots
Private

Things That Make You Mad?

So, I was listening to one of my "friends" talk about how him and his family believe that Barack Obama is a traitor, simply because he just said "this nation" instead of "this nation under god", and it made me think, "God, there really is some stupid stuff on this planet". So, what makes you mad? I suppose I'll start us off with a little list of things.

1. Assumptions (mainly like the one I was talking about)

2. Religious Arguments. One of my friends is a Buddhist, and when he said this, people started saying that he was going to hell, and that Buddhism is essentially Satanism. I hate when stuff like that happens.

3. People Forcing Their Religion On You. One of my friends is always trying to get my brother and I to go to his church and get "saved" so we don't "go to hell". Normally, I end the conversation by asking which has hotter food, Heaven or Hell, and he storms off. This just annoys me, because America has this absolutely wonderful thing called "Freedom of Religion".

I think that about concludes my list. So, what do you guys hate with all of your heart?
Old 2013-12-20, 02:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
BlaxicanX
Sergeant Major

Re: Things That Make You Mad?

Political Nihilists irritate me, possibly more than anything else (within the political context).

"Oh, it's all bullshit man. I don't vote. I don't care about politics, because politicians are all the same! Democrat, Republican, they all want to screw us so why bother caring?"

Uh, because you're still affected by those politicians. Yes, politicians are politicians and politicians, and yes, politics is a dirty, corrupt game, but you need to pull your head out of the sand if you really think that all politicians are equally bad. "The lesser evil" is a thing, for one, and for two, if you think the political system is messed up, be the change you want to see in the world and do something about it! Educate yourself. Educate other people so that we can change these messed up parties. Corporations and "special interests" may hold a lot of power, but at the end of the day, no politician in America gets elected into office without going through us first.
Old 2013-12-20, 08:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by Hater Tots View Post
So, I was listening to one of my "friends" talk about how him and his family believe that Barack Obama is a traitor, simply because he just said "this nation" instead of "this nation under god", and it made me think, "God, there really is some stupid stuff on this planet". So, what makes you mad? I suppose I'll start us off with a little list of things.

1. Assumptions (mainly like the one I was talking about)

2. Religious Arguments. One of my friends is a Buddhist, and when he said this, people started saying that he was going to hell, and that Buddhism is essentially Satanism. I hate when stuff like that happens.

3. People Forcing Their Religion On You. One of my friends is always trying to get my brother and I to go to his church and get "saved" so we don't "go to hell". Normally, I end the conversation by asking which has hotter food, Heaven or Hell, and he storms off. This just annoys me, because America has this absolutely wonderful thing called "Freedom of Religion".

I think that about concludes my list. So, what do you guys hate with all of your heart?
This is why I do my up most to avoid talking politics/religion with people, especially if you are not on the same page as them. I personally cannot typically stand the type of people you mentioned in your post. I do consider myself to be religious to a certain extent, but I do not support doing anything like what the people did in your OP.
Old 2013-12-21, 09:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

I'm just glad there is a special place in hell for people who talk at the theatre.

Old 2013-12-22, 03:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Helwyr
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Baneblade View Post
I'm just glad there is a special place in hell for people who talk at the theatre.
Right above those that put their feet up on the back of other people's seats.
Old 2014-02-02, 05:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
MasterChief096
Sergeant Major

Fox News is pretty much the most irritating television broadcast on planet Earth, followed by The Blaze news website.

I get so angry when Fox decides to do a whole special on some atheist or secular billboards and complains that there's a war on religion or something, when in reality most people in this country are still religious in some way and I have to see religious iconography and billboards, signs, etc, literally everywhere I go in this country. A few secular billboards never hurt anybody.

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Political Debate Forum