FAQ on Settings and Functionality -- Things Many Players Don't Know! - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Joy to the world that barney's dead.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-05-30, 03:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

Re: FAQ on Settings and Functionality -- Things Many Players Don't Know!

Originally Posted by Ruffdog View Post
I don't know why they don't just make ammo drop the class ability and then mines are retained under utilities.
Making people choose would be crap so no, this feature should not be removed - yes it is intended.
Ammo Box on F as an ability (that recharges similarly to MAX charge) is something that's on the list for quality of Life and annoying bugs, over in the active thread, right now.

I hope the devs actually read that thread, it's quite long by now with many repeats.
Old 2013-05-30, 04:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Shogun
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Tom Peters View Post
Then WHY would they leave it as an option to do so?? Having TWO ammo drops?

This is something a lot of people haven't heard of because it probably wasn't intended.

There is NO reason for any engineer to have ammo kits in their utility now, and that makes them have double the amount of utility they had before. It makes the engineers have more options than they should.

This is called making something imbalanced. Maybe you've heard of it?
lol
the light assault doesn´t have to choose between c4 and jetpack
the ha doesn´t have to choose between mines and shield
so why should the engineer have to choose between its ability and mines?

and you might not have noticed, the terran republic also has engineers! it´s not that this is a benefit for only one side, so where´s the imbalance?

if there is anything wrong with the engineer, it´s that the ace can´t switch between more blueprints and you still have to choose between ai and av turrets in advance.

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2013-05-30, 04:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
So that's how you can turn off prox chat!
Or even better, hit NUMPAD ENTER when the annoying spammer is talking and showing up on screen, it will mute just him.

No need to take the sledge hammer approach
Old 2013-05-30, 09:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
shaql
Private

So that's how you can turn off prox chat!
aww, don't do that, you would miss my ice-cream sunderer!
Old 2013-05-30, 11:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Misato
Private

always forget about the deploy ammo pack with turrets, I guess because I don't get xp from it or at least it has never registered xp for me.
Old 2013-05-30, 11:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Originally Posted by Tom Peters View Post
WTF??? That Engineer Turret shit is obviously not intended and needs to be fixed.

Why the hell would ANYONE carry an ammobox if you can do that?

What a weird thing to leave in the game. It's like they originally had ammo boxes working like that, where you switch with a key between it and your turret, but then later changed it to have it's own weapon slot, but forgot to remove the former method. Brain damage much?
Not 100% on this, but pretty sure that when you drop an Ammo Box from the ACE, it's naked. Meaning any Ammo Box Certs you have do not count.

You used to be able to drop both and have 2 boxes, but they fixed that, so maybe it is certed. Haven't checked that in some time.

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2013-05-30, 11:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by EVILPIG View Post
Not 100% on this, but pretty sure that when you drop an Ammo Box from the ACE, it's naked. Meaning any Ammo Box Certs you have do not count.

You used to be able to drop both and have 2 boxes, but they fixed that, so maybe it is certed. Haven't checked that in some time.
"Fixed"

I would have preferred for them to keep it in. Because for anyone not certed into free bonus XP (read: Mines) they should at least be able to drop dual ammo packs. It helps the team!
Old 2013-05-30, 03:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
WSNeo
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by DirtyBird View Post
Or even better, hit NUMPAD ENTER when the annoying spammer is talking and showing up on screen, it will mute just him.

No need to take the sledge hammer approach

Dude.....

DUDE!!!!

DUDE!!!

YOU ARE MY HERO!!!

Also you guys are idiots for bitching about the turret>ammo box feature.
Js.

Last edited by WSNeo; 2013-05-30 at 03:26 PM.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2013-05-30, 03:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Also your video had me make a task to add that press-shift-to-hold-breath and stabilize scope to the Infiltrator class abilities panel in the tutorial. So hopefully that will help new player infiltrators be better informed on how to snipe effectively.

Not sure if that's a good thing for those of us that hate snipers though
Old 2013-05-30, 03:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Shogun
Contributor
General

Also your video had me make a task to add that press-shift-to-hold-breath and stabilize scope to the Infiltrator class abilities panel in the tutorial. So hopefully that will help new player infiltrators be better informed on how to snipe effectively.

anything that keeps new players informed about gamemechanics is good.

even if it supports the bad mechanics

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2013-05-30, 04:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

The Redeploy hotkey was added in GU04 as part of VR. Idea was that it could be used to get back to the main facility instead of having a bunch of teleporters out in the zone. And it is convenient for when you aren't in VR, so was all around a good add. The Tutorial teaches the redeploy key as a nice way of having the player respawn, so two birds with one stone. Wanted them to learn it in the tutorial so new players know how they can get back to someplace familiar if they are ever stuck in geometry or out in the middle of nowhere.

And of course the Instant Action hotkey was added as part of the tutorial to help new players learn the quick and easy way to get into the fight rather than being buried in the map.

Those two make a nice set for helping players get around more conveniently that are easy to teach.
Old 2013-05-30, 04:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Dragonskin
Major

I think you are partially right. The old way at release/beta was that you could drop 2 ammo boxes. You would get exp from people getting ammo from both of them at the same time. I think, but I am not sure, that during that time the ACE was naked in that certs didn't impact the ACE ammo box, but did affect the regular one. Which forced you to have the regular one if you wanted the perks from the cert tree. I also seem to remember that the ammo cert path had it's one section on the cert tree with it's own label, but the turrets shared 2 trees under 1 labeled turrets.

I believe they stated that the dual ammo boxes was unintential. So they removed the ability to put 2 out at a time. They allowed us to retain the option to change your turret into an ammo box without taking the ammo box as a separate slot. Then changed the cert for ammo boxes to fall under the IA turret specifically. The AV turret has it's own label and cert tree now. I am fairly sure that the certs do impact the turret ammo box, but I have no clue why the regular ammo box is still there.

Last edited by Dragonskin; 2013-05-30 at 04:10 PM.
Old 2013-05-30, 04:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
WSNeo
Master Sergeant

I can confirm that the ACE ammo box is indeed certed. My ACE ammo box lasts 3-4 minutes and AFAIK shares the certed range as well.

Old 2013-05-30, 04:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Assist
Contributor
Major

At least we know who to blame now.
Old 2013-05-30, 06:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

The ammo box is clearly different from the other consumable deployables. It's obviously an alternate use of the ACE that makes the turret. Same placement action and same animation.

It's not that it shouldn't be the alt fire, it's that it shouldn't have been put separately in the equipment slot.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion