Twitter QnA Question list : ART WEEK - Page 8 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Come on, try it, all the cool kids are doing it.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-10-01, 04:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #106
Talek Krell
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Twitter QnA Question list : ART WEEK

Originally Posted by Raymac View Post
Great work, Official Twit Herder.

So who else here has the sunset as their wallpaper?
I'm currently still rockin the Lib, but it's a close race.
Old 2011-10-01, 05:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #107
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Talek Krell View Post
I think he means modifications to the art based on it. Like if a buggy took a hit to the engine it might start spewing flame.
Indeedy, locational damage means so much more when you can see the effects

Question:
Will the Terran Republic MAX anchor animation be making a comeback?
Answer:
lock down mode is in full effect
I'm still not sure if that's T-Ray's way of saying "yes", "yes it'll be available for all MAXes", or "I can't say anything yet"

I'm hoping the for the first
Old 2011-10-01, 07:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #108
Mazzy
Private

Originally Posted by Lartnev View Post
I'm still not sure if that's T-Ray's way of saying "yes", "yes it'll be available for all MAXes", or "I can't say anything yet"

That means yes.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-10-01, 06:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #109
T-Ray
PlanetSide 2
Sr. Art Director

Originally Posted by Crator View Post
Pretty sure they were limiting themselves at this time. Were not ready to release that much info on the game at the time. I do agree, some really nice game-play videos that show scale made by SOE should be made for pre-launch/launch time for advertising purposes.
I would love to see what the fans can do. Maybe that's something we could talk about. Have a fan created video contest. I think that would be awesome. (during beta)

on another note, I am not feeling the love from you guys, I've only got 267 followers on Twitter. Come guys help me out here i'm trying to get the word out about how awesome this game is going to be

Last edited by T-Ray; 2011-10-02 at 12:02 AM.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-10-01, 06:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #110
T-Ray
PlanetSide 2
Sr. Art Director

Originally Posted by Lartnev View Post
Indeedy, locational damage means so much more when you can see the effects

The TR Max will have the lock down mode and a couple of new features that I know you will love
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-10-01, 06:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #111
T-Ray
PlanetSide 2
Sr. Art Director

Originally Posted by basti View Post
Hamma beat me

Art:

Question:
Does the Liberator still have it's distinctive engine noise?
Answer:
all engines will have a distinctive sound

Question:
What kind of variation in color schemes is allowed by customization? How far can it go before it's deemed to affect gameplay?
Answer:
You will be able to customize your character within the color ranges posted on the website as well as warm greys and cool greys. It will go as far as it can go without affecting gameplay.

Question:
Blue and purple are hard to distinguish for the color blind. Is there a way such people can play with their Vanu or NC friends?
Answer:
the reason why VS has teal is to make them pop on the screen

Question:
Valve made bold statements about recognizeability when they made TF2. Does your team prioritize easy in-combat identification?
Answer:
people will be able to see the differences on screen color, shapes, and size of the character

Question:
We know customization options for weapons and such will be visible on the models. Are they meant to be visible at range, too?
Answer:

Question:
How will rank affect armor colorization? Will experienced players and leaders stand out on the battlefield to their enemies?
Answer:
Rank will be more left up to UI and rank insignia, as you rank up you will be allowed to have different tints, weapon types, etc.

Question:
What is the art inspiration for the NC's new look? Can we get some better images of that new look?
Answer:
the nc's look is based on their "scrappy" nature. beat up but never compromised, like Rockys face yo adrian!

Question:
Could we please please please prettyplease get some screenshots of the Weapons?
Answer:

Question:
Could we please also get screenshots of the 3 tanks to compare them/drool on their beauty?
Answer:

Question:
Could we please get some screenys showing the map etc? Just give us pictures of everything!
Answer:

Question:
Is Don Ferrone the composer for PS2 music?
Answer:
I do art not music

Question:
Does each weapon and vehicle have its own distinct sounds (to hear the difference between Gauss, Pulsar, Cycler etc.)
Answer:

Question:
PCGamer listed 4 variants to the cycler. Will each weapon have 4 variants or is there a variable number of variants for weapons?
Answer:

Question:
Does your concept->"in game" pipeline involve pencils or real models, or is it all on the computer?
Answer:

Question:
What fraction of the art staff has formal artistic training?
Answer:

Question:
T-Ray, what will we see that you personally designed, textured, modeled, and/or animated?
Answer:

Question:
T-Ray, which of your accomplishments from PS1 are you most proud of?
Answer:

Question:
Is any of the UI finalized yet? Want screens! gimmegimmegimme?
Answer:

Question:
NC design is focused on old tech. How does that and resources fit the "we use nanites to summon stuff out of thin air" concept?
Answer:

Question:
If vehicles always (?) use their faction's colors, will the NS color scheme only be seen on guns and crates, but never on vehs?
Answer:

Question:
The Lib was put under the NC art description. Coincidence or will there be empire-specific design elements in common vehicles?
Answer:

Question:
How many different vehicles do you currently have models for and how many do you expect to have at launch?
Answer:

Question:
Will it still be possible to turn off certain visuals (grass, dust storms) to gain an advantage over someone who has them on?
Answer:
you shouldn t be able to turn off things that effect gameplay

Question:
Will we be able to see which class a character is from far away, or is the visual difference between them less obvious?
Answer:

Question:
Can we still create our own ingame "art", means draw stuff on the map?
Answer:

Question:
How is the invisibility for the cloaker being handled in PS2? I like the partial visibility while running, but it is exploitable.
Answer:

Question:
When can we see more landscape screenshots which is not related to desert or valley ? Like forests, volcano and lakeside.. etc
Answer:

Question:
When can we see the Indar continent map(not asking for more, just this one map)? 'Cause we want to figure out how large it'll be.
Answer:

Question:
Will the awesomely stylish agile armor helmets for the VS be making a return?
Answer:

Question:
How much animation are vehicles going to have, such as using flaps for turning?
Answer:
some vehicles will have some animating parts others will not. it depends on the design
Vehicles will have animation, how much and what depends on the vehicle.

Question:
Will the Terran Republic MAX anchor animation be making a comeback?
Answer:
lock down mode is in full effect

Question:
Is there any art design of the Ancient Vanu who used to live on Auraxis or of their remnants, besides the warpgates?
Answer:
warpgates have been redesigned to fit the lore

Question:
Does forge light support locational damage (sparks, holes in armour, engine fires etc.) and will we see it in PlanetSide 2?
Answer:
you will be able to see damage on the vehicles much like we did in the first but more awesomer

New stuff (from other people, means questions not on the list before the QnA.)

Question:
will there be a kill cam like in BFBC 2 and is t-bag still allowed lol
Answer:
there is a kill cam

Question:
will vehicles like in ps1 come up form the ground form a term or materialize "beam me a tank scotty" =)
Answer:
nanites baby nanites

Question:
Will there be more variety of bullets than standard bullets, AP bullets, and Vanu energy cell ammo rounds for assault rifles?
Answer:
we have a wide variety of munitions more than PS1

Question:
Will MAX units have limited turning speed like in the original?
Answer:
we will balance them accordingly, something like the original

Question:
did anything in PS1 got cut that you were particularly proud of?
Answer:
nothin really got cut, we just wont do them for launch, we've got a long time to add stuff, jkust like the OG PS

Question:
We haven't seen any death. Bodies, coffins, or backpacks?
Answer:
i know
t-baggin is encouraged
Old 2011-10-01, 07:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #112
Bags
Lieutenant General

Must see HA like yesterday.

But soon works too.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-10-01, 07:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #113
T-Ray
PlanetSide 2
Sr. Art Director

Question:
Does your concept->"in game" pipeline involve pencils or real models, or is it all on the computer?
Answer:
All of our work is digital now. some concepts are handdrawn on cintique and some use 3d models to paint over. which ever the artist prefers

Question:
What fraction of the art staff has formal artistic training?
Answer:
Im not sure, I know of a couple that learned on the job, so I would have to say 95% have formal training, but then again, I havent taken a poll.

Question:
T-Ray, what will we see that you personally designed, textured, modeled, and/or animated?
Answer:
I have model one asset for the game and concepted a couple of things buts that about it. I fill in the blanks when others are busy but thats rare.

Question:
T-Ray, which of your accomplishments from PS1 are you most proud of?
Answer:
i'm proud of the game itself. We did something that had never been done before. We made planetside with a team 1/4 the size of many of todays single player Fps'. We shook up the world and no one can take that away.

Question:
Is any of the UI finalized yet? Want screens! gimmegimmegimme?
Answer:
UI is an on going effort. it will be the last to finish. It will change the most during beta.
Old 2011-10-01, 07:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #114
CrystalViolet
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by T-Ray View Post
I would love to see what the fans can do. Maybe that's something we could talk about. Have a fan created video contest. I think that would be awesome.
I'm waiting on some VS themed footage to go along with the VS themed track I made. Maybe some night time shots of lashers popping off, and A nice Dyson fly-by.
Old 2011-10-01, 07:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #115
Bags
Lieutenant General

I can't wait for a video that does PS justice. I hate having to go, "but it's going to be awesome, trust me" when I tell people about it.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-10-01, 07:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #116
T-Ray
PlanetSide 2
Sr. Art Director

Originally Posted by basti View Post
Back to topic please (thank you matt for derailing! )

Its just a few hours left, get your questions in NOW or die! :P

Also: T-Ray. Just ignore those TR and NC scumbags. We all know that technology will prevail. One day, we VS will own not just auraxis, but freed the the universe from TR and NC. And on that day, mankind will finally realize its full potential. Technology equals might, bitches!
Amen brother amen
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-10-01, 07:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #117
T-Ray
PlanetSide 2
Sr. Art Director

Originally Posted by Brusi View Post
HAHAH, i'm glad i'm not the only one who tried this bags lol

NICE try buddy lol
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-10-01, 07:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #118
T-Ray
PlanetSide 2
Sr. Art Director

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
When T-Ray was asking what we wanted to see in Twitter last week I asked for HA and he said

"@BagOfChips okee doke "
I took screenies of the HA that day. When they get released is not up to me I guess it was too good that they had to hold it
Old 2011-10-01, 08:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #119
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by T-Ray View Post
I took screenies of the HA that day. When they get released is not up to me I guess it was too good that they had to hold it
!!!
Old 2011-10-01, 08:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #120
Sirisian
Colonel

hmm missed him talking. Was going to ask if he saw this Liberator thread. I and a few other people had art suggestions. (Really liked someone's suggestion of bombs on the wings).
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion