Santorum Drops Out - Page 22 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: So if I press the self-destruct button like so.....
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Political Debate Forum

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-04-30, 10:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #316
Red Beard
Second Lieutenant

Re: Santorum Drops Out

Malorn; that graph you put up was actually pretty good for showing the effect of predatory lending by the Fed, lol.
Old 2012-05-01, 06:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #317
Vash02
Major

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
Not having sex is way cheaper for insurers than paying for contraceptives that don't always work and encourage risk-taking.

And then there's the whole my tax dollars are paying for someone else's recreational activities part of it.

Buy your own damn condoms and pills, jesus fuck.
And how are insurers going to persuade people to not have sex? once more, how would they even know if a person hasnt had any sex? The safest and cheapest option is for the insurer to provide free contraceptives.

Also, actually in the contraceptive law the insurers are paying the costs. Not a single dime of taxpayer money is going to someones contraceptives.
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-05-01, 05:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #318
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Meh.

Last edited by Malorn; 2012-09-11 at 02:59 AM.
Old 2012-05-01, 06:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #319
Vash02
Major

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
Oh you're funny. There's no such thing as a free lunch.

How will insurers cover the costs? Raising rates. We pay for it either through government subsidy or by higher rates.
I'm sorry if you hadnt had children yet but pregnancy is EXPENSIVE. Treating STD's is EXPENSIVE. There are also the womens issues that Sirisan noted that means less doctors bills, etc.

Free contraceptives mean lower rates because people are not getting sick, or accidentally getting pregnant.

It's like arguing that home insurers shouldnt be forced to put smoke alarms into peoples homes because it would mean rates will rise. The cost of installing smoke alarms is minimal compared to paying out money for a burnt out home.

The only reasons why people are against this is either they have been lied to and misinformed or they are ideological religous people who lie and misinform.

Last edited by Vash02; 2012-05-01 at 06:20 PM.
Old 2012-05-01, 06:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #320
Red Beard
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Vash02 View Post
I'm sorry if you hadnt had children yet but pregnancy is EXPENSIVE. Treating STD's is EXPENSIVE. There are also the womens issues that Sirisan noted that means less doctors bills, etc.

Free contraceptives mean lower rates because people are not getting sick, or accidentally getting pregnant.

It's like arguing that home insurers shouldnt be forced to put smoke alarms into peoples homes because it would mean rates will rise. The cost of installing smoke alarms is minimal compared to paying out money for a burnt out home.

The only reasons why people are against this is either they have been lied to and misinformed or they are ideological religous people who lie and misinform.
Nothing like socialized savings at the price of freedom!
Old 2012-05-02, 11:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #321
Sirisian
Colonel

Interesting speech by Romney. Looks like they're refocusing their campaign away from just pandering the far right and focusing on the poor and middle class. His previous comments might hurt him, but I doubt most conservatives heard them. Romney says Obama “is focused on taking away from those that have the least”.
Old 2012-05-02, 12:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #322
ItsTheSheppy
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Sirisian View Post
Interesting speech by Romney. Looks like they're refocusing their campaign away from just pandering the far right and focusing on the poor and middle class. His previous comments might hurt him, but I doubt most conservatives heard them. Romney says Obama “is focused on taking away from those that have the least”.
Slowly, over time, the words went from reading "All animals are equal" to "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others". And the animals, you see, barely noticed it changing, so long as it was done slowly, over time.
Old 2012-05-02, 05:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #323
Sirisian
Colonel

And it's official:
CBS: Newt Gingrich suspends presidential campaign
Business Insider: Newt Gingrich Is FINALLY Dropping Out, Everyone
Originally Posted by Gingrich
This is not a choice between Mitt Romney and Ronald Reagan, this is a choice between Mitt Romney and the most radical leftist president in American history
Hey now... as my friend said the Republican Primary isn't over and that's no way to talk about Ron Paul.
Old 2012-05-02, 05:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #324
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by ItsTheSheppy View Post
Slowly, over time, the words went from reading "All animals are equal" to "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others". And the animals, you see, barely noticed it changing, so long as it was done slowly, over time.
Aaaah animal farm.
Old 2012-05-02, 06:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #325
Red Beard
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
Aaaah animal farm.
'Firm' and 'farm' are just a vowel away!
Old 2012-05-06, 03:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #326
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Sirisian View Post
Interesting speech by Romney. Looks like they're refocusing their campaign away from just pandering the far right and focusing on the poor and middle class. His previous comments might hurt him, but I doubt most conservatives heard them.
Romney: "I'm not concerned about the very poor."

Whatever his campaign is I think focusing on the poor isn't going to be a serious part of it. Besides, the poor people who vote Republican are stupid enough that they'll keep voting Republican no matter what, so he doesn't need to woo those types.

The middle class is what it's really going to come down to. Everyone knows Obama is in favour of stuff like the Buffett Tax, letting the Bush Tax Cuts expire, and so on. So the very wealthy probably won't be mobile this election. But enough people still buy the bullshit supply-side economics that failed during Reagan's time and failed during Dubya's time and failed during Obama's time that Romney coming out and talking about how he's going to help middle class people by helping the rich get richer will probably be a serious tactic.
Old 2012-05-06, 04:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #327
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Romney is going to lose.

Old 2012-05-06, 04:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #328
Hamma
PSU Admin

Originally Posted by Sobekeus View Post
Romney is going to lose.
This

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-05-08, 10:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #329
TheBladeRoden
Contributor
First Sergeant

Gingrich may have wanted to send us to the moon, but at least he wouldn't have tied us to the outside of the rocket ship
Old 2012-05-09, 03:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #330
Figment
Lieutenant General

Santorum now supports Romney apparently.

Very believable after the campaign they had...

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Political Debate Forum