Man put away for 15 years - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: something to think about
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Political Debate Forum

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-04-05, 01:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
WildGunsTomcat
Master Sergeant

Re: Man put away for 15 years

Originally Posted by Warborn View Post
I am also close-minded about rape, child abuse, terrorism, and raw tomatoes.

Turkey hunting.
lol

Hunting, I stand corrected.

Still doesn't change the fact that you profess to be this open minded free thinker that believes in all the tenets of science and mankind's accomplishments...

But close your ears to someone else that doesn't think like you.

I find it fascinating. Because I listen to you, and I think everything you say is dead wrong...but I listen.
Old 2012-04-05, 01:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Vecha
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Sobekeus View Post
I have a hard time believing anyone needs 27 years worth of birth control during law school.

How are you coming up with 27 years?

http://asktheexperts.plannedparenthood.org/?p=3889

50$ a month.

600$ a year.

3000$ for five years(Usually takes 4 years to complete law school...but you also have undergrad...or perhaps she is adding the exam/doctor visits to get said BC).

I guess there is very little reason to debate with you if all you want to do is throw around inflammatory comments.
Old 2012-04-05, 02:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Why would anyone pay $50 a month for it? You can get it for less than half that even without insurance.

Old 2012-04-05, 02:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Vecha
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Sobekeus View Post
Why would anyone pay $50 a month for it? You can get it for less than half that even without insurance.
It goes from 15 to 50. Some types are going to cost more. Some women won't be able to take certain kinds.

You have a right to disagree with the government paying for it. But calling a woman a slut over it is silly(you didn't exactly say that...but you were skirting close to it).

I think you and I have derailed this thread long enough though...

Sorry OP!
Old 2012-04-05, 04:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Sgt Shultz
Corporal

Originally Posted by Quovatis View Post
How was the guy locked up based on the victim's testimony alone? That doesn't seem right. There needs to be some other evidence than just the victim's word.

But yeah, she should absolutely be charged.
From what I recall, the girl had significant scar tissue, which they had wrongly attributed to accusations of rape by her father. As it turns out they have determined the girl was sexually active with multiple partners which her parents did not know about.

As for the accusations, she has deprived another citizen of liberty and that person deserves justice. Too bad they can't disbar prosecutors for false imprisonment.
Old 2012-04-07, 04:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
Traak
Colonel

Originally Posted by WildGunsTomcat View Post
Link to News Story

So this girl lied to the cops about her father raping her. He gets put away for 15 years...and serves 10 before she admits to the police that she lied.

He gets out and all charges against him are dismissed.

The DA will not persecute her out of fear of...and I quote:

What do you think? Should she be charged with a crime for lying about this for so long and costing a man 10 years in prison for a crime he never committed?

Also, how logical do you think it is for the DA to say that this would discourage victims from coming forward?

Seems to me that this would discourage liars for bringing false charges forward.
Problem with throwing her in the can is that it discourages others from admitting that they lied. If she would have been facing punishment, she would have left him in there for how long? Possibly forever?
Old 2012-04-07, 06:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
CutterJohn
Colonel

Originally Posted by Traak View Post
Problem with throwing her in the can is that it discourages others from admitting that they lied. If she would have been facing punishment, she would have left him in there for how long? Possibly forever?
Indeed. But not punishing her encourages others to lie. As tragic as it would be to be falsely accused, I think that not tolerating false accusations is far more beneficial to society.

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Political Debate Forum