PSU: OMG, HE HAX
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Site News and Discussions

Old 2004-10-24, 01:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Hamma
PSU Admin

Post More Monoliths Today

Samhayne made a post last night over on the Official Forums that Monoliths would be respawning more today.
Hi everyone,

We want to let you know that we have increased the frequency with which Monolith's spawn for the Sunday portion of the Event. They now show up every 45 minutes. Hopefully, this will allow for more than one crystal to be in play at a time and for all those who wish to be active participants to do so.

We on the development team have been playing this weekend and most of us had similar experiences to what I'm sure many of you did - waiting in a warpgate for a shot at getting onto a pop locked continent. All issues of circumventing population locks aside (I'll get to that below), that isn't very fun. Part of our aim is to keep PlanetSide as fun as possible (it is a game, afterall ) and hopefully more crystals leading to more fighting in more places will increase the fun factor.

Another aim is to keep things fair. Whether this is coding ways to prevent hacks and exploits or keeping weapons balanced, we strive for as fair of a playing field as we can. Unfortunately, some existing systems were a bit at odds with keeping population numbers even (like module running) for as balanced of fights for this weekend's activities as possible. While some will scream for the heads of the dirty, no good exploitiers, we have a hard time throwing the book at anyone who simply wanted a way to get in on some very intense and fun PlanetSide fighting. If anything, It strengthens our resolve to address the issues for the future. We weren't going to try and ninja in some more code to fix it this weekend, as without a proper development and testing cycle, such an action would likely have broken things more than it would have fixed things. So, hopefully everyone will find some great fighting Sunday with the increased crystals and we will be able to better address how the server handles population for the future.

From the PlanetSide Team to you, our customers, thanks for your understanding, participation and patronage.

Samhayne
PlanetSide Producer
This is somewhat in response to some empires exploiting known issues, I'm not so sure I agree with this course of action but what do you think? Click the comment link to put in your 2 cents!

> > Comment Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Site News and Discussions