Questions for Pro7 - Page 14 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: It's what's in the water.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-08-03, 09:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #196
SergeantNubins
Corporal

Re: Questions for Pro7

I definitely want to know what the deal is with existing station cash. Do I need to be sending smed an email asking for a refund or is my current balance going to be transferred for use on the EU servers of PS2?
Old 2012-08-03, 09:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #197
bjorntju1
Captain

Originally Posted by IHateMMOs View Post
But did he say anything about game data, he seemed to have dodged a question where someone asked him about game data and beta keys. Did he say anything about them being transferred?
The EU beta starts at the exact same time as the US one afaik. I am in the tech test as an EU player, and I just use my SOE account to log in. I think that EU players will use their SOE accounts for the beta, and will need to transfer to an Prosieben account when the game launches. And what do you mean about ''game data''?

Originally Posted by SergeantNubins View Post
I definitely want to know what the deal is with existing station cash. Do I need to be sending smed an email asking for a refund or is my current balance going to be transferred for use on the EU servers of PS2?
We are not sure yet. I sended him an e-mail asking for some clarification. I will post his response here when he sends something back.
Old 2012-08-03, 10:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #198
Sturmhardt
Contributor
Major

I sent a message to pro7games on facebook, I hope they can answer the question.
Old 2012-08-03, 10:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #199
bbihah
Private

Hey guys, didn't you know? third times the charm?
First BFRS then CU and now they're after our money.

Surprise Surprise. Bye bye 12000 stationcash.
Old 2012-08-03, 10:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #200
Sighpolice
Corporal

Hold up - let me get this straight? If the only thing that changes is your "method of logging in" then I can log in with my SOE account and play on European servers correct?

If that's the case, I'm not ever making a Pro7 account. I don't need to. Nobody does.
Old 2012-08-03, 10:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #201
bbihah
Private

Nope, ips are blocked. Feel free to use a proxy and 10x your ping though.

Last edited by bbihah; 2012-08-03 at 10:29 AM.
Old 2012-08-03, 10:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #202
Sturmhardt
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Sighpolice View Post
Hold up - let me get this straight? If the only thing that changes is your "method of logging in" then I can log in with my SOE account and play on European servers correct?

If that's the case, I'm not ever making a Pro7 account. I don't need to. Nobody does.
Originally Posted by bbihah View Post
+ if your account is registered from an EU country they wont let you in through SOE anymore. There is no chance of avoiding a pro7 account. I have no problem with that if I can keep my Station Cash though.
Old 2012-08-03, 10:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #203
Sighpolice
Corporal

Originally Posted by bbihah View Post
Balls.

Oh well, it will probably be tolerable for the first 6 months or so, noticed how Brolly carefully answered the questions with "no plans as of yet" hinting towards the future.. I want to still be playing this game for the foreseeable future, I love PS1 and played that for 8/9 years.. I just fear that somewhere down the road this silly deal will bite us all in the bum bum.
Old 2012-08-03, 11:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #204
bbihah
Private

Originally Posted by Sighpolice View Post
Balls.

Oh well, it will probably be tolerable for the first 6 months or so, noticed how Brolly carefully answered the questions with "no plans as of yet" hinting towards the future.. I want to still be playing this game for the foreseeable future, I love PS1 and played that for 8/9 years.. I just fear that somewhere down the road this silly deal will bite us all in the bum bum.
Well to shine some light on the whole situation is that any item that they want to add to their marketplace will have to go through SOE in the end. They let you connect to the american servers but with the eu shop. Well what would happen if they added PTW content to the pro7 market? PTW on both servers except the americans cant buy them. Pretty sure PTW wont be an option unless SOE allows PTW. Unless of course the pro7 marketplace would be exclusive for the europe servers, well then the american server will be PTW free. atleast.
Old 2012-08-03, 12:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #205
IHateMMOs
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by bjorntju1 View Post
The EU beta starts at the exact same time as the US one afaik. I am in the tech test as an EU player, and I just use my SOE account to log in. I think that EU players will use their SOE accounts for the beta, and will need to transfer to an Prosieben account when the game launches. And what do you mean about ''game data''?
Like my stuff on all the other games. I played DCUO alot, so will it all get lost? I'm trying to make my Pro7 account, just don't know how to transfer my stuff. So I can play in the beta with my SOE account, but after the beta is over, can I actually transfer that account with all the SC over to Pro7 and play through that? Sorry that I'm putting so many questions on the table, I honestly don't want to talk to Pro7 in person.
Old 2012-08-03, 12:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #206
kuukl
Private

Like my stuff on all the other games. I played DCUO alot, so will it all get lost? I'm trying to make my Pro7 account, just don't know how to transfer my stuff. So I can play in the beta with my SOE account, but after the beta is over, can I actually transfer that account with all the SC over to Pro7 and play through that? Sorry that I'm putting so many questions on the table, I honestly don't want to talk to Pro7 in person.
http://www.dcuniverseonline.com/news...t&locale=en_US

http://forums.station.sony.com/stati...id=11500041081

Under the new partnership with ProSiebenSat.1 Games, what can existing SOE customers expect to happen to their game characters and progress?
We will offer a simple way for any current SOE European player to create a new account with ProSiebenSat.1 Games and to have their existing characters and game progress transferred and the value of any Station Cash in their SOE account granted to the new ProSiebenSat.1 Games account. After the process is complete, European players can login to their ProSiebenSat.1 Games accounts and continue to play with their existing characters, rewards, and content.
Old 2012-08-03, 12:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #207
bjorntju1
Captain

Hmmm yeah, I don't know about that unfortunately.
Old 2012-08-03, 12:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #208
IHateMMOs
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Thanks.
Old 2012-08-04, 07:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #209
relicuk
Private

https://twitter.com/j_smedley has confirmed that Station cash will be transferred
Old 2012-08-04, 08:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #210
IHateMMOs
First Sergeant

Misc Info

How do you link accounts for Planetside 2?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion