TR on Waterson lately - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: You've made my hair all stinky!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > Server Forums > Waterson (US East)

Old 2013-05-31, 10:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
xeroslash
Private

Re: TR on Waterson lately

From the perspective of a VS player, the TR seems pretty zergy. Then again, the VS has the lowest pop, so who am I to judge

The only TR outfit I fought against that had good game sense and coordination so far is NUC.
Old 2013-06-06, 12:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Boildown
Sergeant

NUC has been a terror lately. They are the last TR outfit left that I know is going to beat us if we underestimate them.

Last edited by Boildown; 2013-06-06 at 12:54 PM.
Old 2013-06-07, 12:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
zoidbergenstein
Private

Coming from NUC thank you

We aim to put up a good fight whenever we drop on a point.
Old 2013-06-10, 02:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
FireWater
Contributor
Staff Sergeant

I can't wait for the battle continents, I really want to fight another outfit without interference on both sides.

Engineer for NUC's Alpha Squad http://www.nucgaming.com
Old 2013-06-21, 09:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Whiteagle
Major

I think the issue here is that our Pub players are either cert whores who go where the points are (IE, the Alerts) or doped off their ass while playing...

I was wondering why late last night we kept pushing the VS on Indar even though it was the NC who held the Domination Lock, and it turns out the only Platoon there were all high as a freaking kite...
Old 2013-07-08, 02:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Crysis
Private

I will say this from a lot or TR players perspectives when you look at the map and see NC and VS fighting TR all along the front lines and then look out the areas along their borders unless it’s an alert you see minimum combat between the two factions. Now that ODAM is under new management they seem to have improved but they still control the way things are done. My outfit has pulled away from the Zerg that seems to be TR and do our own things.

I am embarrassed sometimes to hear the non-sense on command chat between outfit leaders there is a lack of coordination and understanding of game mechanics. As any good military strategist will tell you can’t plan an hour ahead of time. After every cap you need to reevaluate your situation and make an informed decision on the next step. That seems to be a problem for a lot of leaders and its as simple as hitting one button M. M is your friend people please learn how to use it and there is nothing wrong with waiting a few seconds after a cap before moving out.
I see it all the time were a TR caps a base then the push out only to get spanked like little kids and then the opposition returns to be recapped there base. That is just stupid if you ask me.
Being ex-military it’s funny how they drilled leadership into your brain when you are in charge of soldiers and the flow of battle is ever changing. The rules of the 7p would really help all our TR leaders if you could please remember this Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance. Take a step back look at the map track your enemies’ movement anticipate your enemy’s plans and counter them.
I hope we do something soon because I am tired of the Zerg mentality.

Crysis
Old 2013-07-15, 04:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
TheAadvark
Corporal

Originally Posted by Whiteagle View Post
And it turns out the only Platoon there were all high as a freaking kite...
Which outfit was that ? I might join them sometime !
Old 2013-07-15, 05:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Sarloh
Corporal

I was playing earlier today as a squad leader and I must say, the command chat was useless, either nobody was in it or they just didn't care. The TR on Waterson are most of the time only interested in the certs. It can also happen that a platoon looses control and the leadership goes to people who don't have a clue that they are in one.
Old 2013-07-15, 01:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Mikenuge
Private

NUC, TRAF & IR are a pain to fight.

Overall, I love and hate fighting the TR they simply put up the best/hardest fight.
Old 2013-07-26, 03:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
GreenEyedDevil
Private

Come and get some of my worst....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUVbJ-aJ3EI
Old 2013-07-26, 03:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Sarloh
Corporal

My recent fights sucked as well. Attacking the Biolab; my comrades were sitting on the TP room and just farming kills and believe me I don't think this is a way to cap a base. I also dislike people in Platoons that don't even know they are in one and it can happen that one of these somehow get's Platoon lead. The Entire Platoon becomes pretty useless.
Also I've recently heard that Command Chat is pretty useless. Sure sometime non related things pop up but I think that it should be used more often and for things that matter ATM.
So yeah TR, not our finest moment eh?
Old 2013-07-29, 01:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
EvilCereal
Private

Overall the skill level of TR on Waterson is horrifically low. Obviously there are expections, but the general thing is we only win because of the zerg.

I hate zergs, in fact, I hate lattice in it's current shape because all it does it push empires into zerg v zerg fights.

TR 'leadership' is abysmal also, no-one has any strategic awareness. Like take the alert just now, the 'leadership' were saying how much they all wanted Eisa techplant and while they were all grinding their faces against that, NC swoop in and take Esamir Munitions corp and cut them all off. So they go back and try to retake it, but they can't because their skill levels are too low. They put sunderers in the open, or don't bring any sunderers at all.
Or the medics don't res people.
Or the engineers don't drop ammo.

It's a laundry list of terrible players with horrible skill levels.

It's a sad day when I say I WANT to fight on Amerish because it's away from the zerg, but then it just turns into a ghostcap and everyone gets bored.

-AndyHAT
Old 2013-07-29, 03:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Sarloh
Corporal

Here is the TR numbers situation: when TB left his fanboys wen't with him and so the TR lost it's kingdom, Waterson.
Old 2013-07-30, 07:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
EvilCereal
Private

Originally Posted by Sarloh View Post
Here is the TR numbers situation: when TB left his fanboys wen't with him and so the TR lost it's kingdom, Waterson.
Purely numbers aren't the issue for TR. It's organisation. Once you get into 48+ territory, the better leaders/organisers win it for you. You need guys the zerg will listen to calling targets; enemy sunderers, tank groups. Even just grunt positions. And getting them marked with smoke so people can actually organise their squads into hitting those positions.
At this moment in time, no-one uses /orders or /re to do that. (OK, admittedly /re doesn't work so well all the time. But recently it has become more stable!)

In a case of 24-48 fights (my favourites) - individual skills can shine through, the guys who can go 5/1 on regular occasions can influence things much more than in a 48+ zerg facegrinder.

I see a lot of /y about how bullshit C4 or Tankmines are vs Sunderers. But it's a two way street, we have access to exactly the same methods to deal with enemy sunderers. And imo, we have the better option to deal with air & armour in the Striker.
It's just as I said. Communication and the general low skill nature of the general zerg.
Old 2013-08-16, 02:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Zadexin
Corporal

Its good that someone else started this thread because I was going to after playing the last 2 weeks. I have a character in all 3 factions and I'm a member of all 3 factions largest outfits (ODAM, VDRS, PXP) on Waterson and have been playing there regularly since the first Merge(over 6 months). But my main love has always been TR. (was on Jaeger pre-merge)

Originally Posted by Crysis View Post
I will say this from a lot or TR players perspectives when you look at the map and see NC and VS fighting TR all along the front lines and then look out the areas along their borders unless it’s an alert you see minimum combat between the two factions. Now that ODAM is under new management they seem to have improved but they still control the way things are done.
I can't disagree more! Since ODAM has changed leadership their performance has been absolutely crap (in August). Granted some people called us a zergfit, whatever. When you can throw down 2 full platoons that is effective as hell! In our heyday we held Indar for about 3 weeks straight, and we OWNED every alert. Now I log into ODAM and its being run by kids, yes frikin 12 year olds giving terrible orders, like "send half the platoon to Amerish to hold 1 biolab" when its already overrun by 48+ enemy. Slyguy let his platoon go to hell and the last time he logged on when I was there he was either so high or so drunk he was just going on these crazy 5 minute rants in outfit chat. really a disgrace. We used to have weekly training and dropship drill practice. We used to pull off awesome hammer and anvil tactics. There is none of that now. The new leaders basically run away from tough fights and ghost cap empty continents. It may sound like I'm being hard on ODAM but that is only because I've been there when it was a crack assault force and it was awesome, and I'm still here even though its a wet paper bag now.

The second factor is the TR animosity on the other 2 factions. Now I have characters in all 3 factions and I can tell without a doubt it is ALWAYS fight TR first THEN the other faction. Even just last night in VDRS on Esamir it was "Curbstomp TR then worry about the NC"

It goes like this
NC hate fighting Vanu so we fight TR,
Vanu love fighting TR so we fight TR first.
TR is continually gang banged so looses pop and becomes server whipping boy.

Its going to take at least 3 months before this runs its course and the gamehoppers ditch PS2 for something new before it works itself out.

I used to find it funny as TR fighting continuous 2 sided wars and every body screaming in chat about NC-VS co-operation. I knew it wasn't ACTUAL co-operation from playing all 3 sides but there was always that unspoken truth. On Waterson, everybody fights TR first, and the other enemy second.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > Server Forums > Waterson (US East)