What kind of fps should I be getting? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Got an issue? heres a tissue
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions

Old 2013-08-07, 07:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Xanek
Private

What kind of fps should I be getting?

My Computer is comprised of:
  • EVGA GTX 760 SC (Super Clocked)
  • i5-3570k @ 4.1 ghz (Boost)
  • 12 GB of Ram (2x2GB + 2x4GB)
  • ASUS P8Z77-V Motherboard
I currently get 40-60 fps in medium/large battles w/ High Graphics & High Texture, but everything else low/off
With Ultra Preset settings w/ no PhysX, I got 30-43 fps in a medium sized battle.

There are two videos on youtube, one with a GTX 760 + i5-3570k 16gb ram getting around 50-70 fps during a medium sized battle, where I would usually get 45~55 fps w/ the first described settings above,

and there is another video where someone is using a GTX 660ti + i7 3770k getting 55-60 fps on average w/ physx turned on in small/medium battles.

I am wondering if it might be a problem with my computer components or something else.
Old 2013-08-13, 09:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Ukalien
Private

Re: What kind of fps should I be getting?

Think ps2 is heavy on your CPU so running it on a i7 and lower gpu will get better fps than the other way round. I have a gtx 660 and i7 and sit around 60fps in large battles
Old 2013-08-13, 09:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Ukalien
Private

Forgot to mention all my setting are on high
Old 2013-08-15, 07:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by Ukalien View Post
Think ps2 is heavy on your CPU so running it on a i7 and lower gpu will get better fps than the other way round. I have a gtx 660 and i7 and sit around 60fps in large battles
This doesn't sound right to me at all. PS2 does not take advantage of hyper threading, only difference between an i7 and i5. If you are running all stock settings on your CPU, his i5 is more powerful for this game. His 760 should also be providing a better gaming experience compared to your 660 Ti as well.

Xanek what resolution are you running at?
Old 2013-08-15, 05:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Xanek
Private

Originally Posted by Goku View Post
This doesn't sound right to me at all. PS2 does not take advantage of hyper threading, only difference between an i7 and i5. If you are running all stock settings on your CPU, his i5 is more powerful for this game. His 760 should also be providing a better gaming experience compared to your 660 Ti as well.

Xanek what resolution are you running at?
1680x1050, which is my main monitor's native resolution. I've changed it to various resolutions before and have maybe only seen a 1 to 3 fps difference. I have overclocked my i5 3570k this week to 4.5ghz and push 40ish frames in large battles.
Old 2013-08-24, 10:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
UnityVS
Private

I'm running

i7 3820 @ 4.8Ghz
16gig ram @1600Mhz
Dual MSi 770GTX's

motion blur and PhysX is off due to crashing
playing @1920x1200

Everything on high, with textures on Ultra i get 19-32FPS in 48+ man fight in a bio lab, lowering the settings doesn't seem to affect my FPS at all, during medium fire fights I'm at 40-60 FPS and at the warp gate I'm hitting 80-90FPS.

The game is borked as SLi is now broken since the recent GU15 update, disappointed with the performance on my rig, gotta say SoE need to stop adding stuff make it run better.

CPU usage is maxing out at 30%? GPU no more than 50% although not a fair refection on the game effectiveness, there apparent headroom for the game to use.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions