harrasser proves dedicated driver is great - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Will I be able to dodge bullets?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-05-02, 10:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
wasdie
Second Lieutenant

Re: harrasser proves dedicated driver is great

Originally Posted by moosepoop View Post
this isnt philosophy class. you cant fool anybody with that hardcore elite gamer attitude.

if you are so super duper with your leet tank skills, you wont mind having that big cannon taken away from you and be a dedicated driver. it will make you even more deadly
And you're not fooling anybody with your childish arguments.

I'm not the best tanker, I'm pretty easily beaten by better tankers in a 1v1 fight and always beaten when it's my 1/2 tank vs. a 2/2 tank. I have no problem driving and gunning. Even if you had a dedicated driver, if you cannot somehow deal with the bumps in the road you'll still need to have your driver stop so you can make a level shot. Suddenly having a dedicated driver isn't going to level out the turret any better than a solo tank. If you find yourself needing to stop to shoot with a solo tank then you'll find yourself having to stop to shoot with a 2 man tank.

So if that's your argument, that's pretty weak.

If you can run and shoot as an infantry while compensating for recoil, sudden changes in elevation, and a moving target, you can do it with a tank.

Last edited by wasdie; 2013-05-02 at 10:21 PM.
Old 2013-05-02, 10:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
WSNeo
Master Sergeant

you are ok with shitty annoying game design, good for you.
Just because you are bad at moving and shooting does not mean that the design is bad. Hell i chase Sunderers all day with my racer frame and AP rounds on my Mag.

Sounds like a shit player to me!

Edit: It amazes me what outlandish stuff players say nowadays, first something about feeding certs to the enemy (otherwise known as attempting to defend/retake a base), radar means that the game is dumbed down, and now someone complaining about moving and shooting and blaming the game for his inability to do so. LOL!

Last edited by WSNeo; 2013-05-02 at 10:22 PM.
Old 2013-05-02, 10:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
BlaxicanX
Sergeant Major

you are ok with shitty annoying game design, good for you.
this isnt philosophy class. you cant fool anybody with that hardcore elite gamer attitude.

if you are so super duper with your leet tank skills, you wont mind having that big cannon taken away from you and be a dedicated driver. it will make you even more deadly
What sort of ass logic is this?

Anyway, I lovr the helk out of the harrasser, but while I think needing a dedicated gunner for an mbt would be great for thr PS2 metagame, it would suck on the fun-factor scale. Why would anyone want to be stuck on the monotonous driver position when they could just drive a lightning?

Last edited by BlaxicanX; 2013-05-02 at 10:27 PM.
Old 2013-05-02, 10:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
moosepoop
Captain

Originally Posted by WSNeo View Post
Just because you are bad at moving and shooting does not mean that the design is bad. Hell i chase Sunderers all day with my racer frame and AP rounds on my Mag.
lol @ magrider oblivious to turret stabilization problem

i make up my lack of "elite tank skillz" with enginner av turret. it gives me +20 skillz.

Last edited by moosepoop; 2013-05-02 at 10:26 PM.
Old 2013-05-02, 10:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
moosepoop
Captain

Originally Posted by BlaxicanX View Post
What sort of ass logic is this?
because every time someone complains about turret stabilization, this guy starts barking about the posters "inferior tank skillz". even 4 months ago this guy was saying the exact same words on official forums.

Originally Posted by BlaxicanX View Post
Why would anyone want to be stuck on the monotonous driver position when they could just drive a lightning?
lessen tank spam, promote teamwork, increased driver awareness leading to great tank maneuvers

Last edited by moosepoop; 2013-05-02 at 11:21 PM.
Old 2013-05-02, 10:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
wasdie
Second Lieutenant

because every time someone complains about turret stabilization, this guy starts barking about the posters "inferior tank skillz". even 4 months ago this guy was saying the exact same words on official forums.
Still attacking the person instead of arguing. Cute.

Again, the mechanic works fine. You're the one who hasn't been able to adapt so you want it changed.
Old 2013-05-02, 10:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
moosepoop
Captain

Originally Posted by wasdie View Post
Still attacking the person instead of arguing. Cute.

Again, the mechanic works fine. You're the one who hasn't been able to adapt so you want it changed.
i made a passing comment about turret wobbling and you call me a liar, and say my skills are not worth crap.

i would like to discuss more about implementing crewed mbts, but im not gonna let you throw out drive by insults and think you can get away with it.

if everything in the game is "fine", the devs wouldnt be constantly changing, updating, and polishing the game.

Last edited by moosepoop; 2013-05-02 at 11:21 PM.
Old 2013-05-02, 10:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
wasdie
Second Lieutenant

i made a passing comment about turret wobbling and you call me a liar, and say my skills are not worth crap.
"besides, mbt is already boring since you have to completely stop to land your shots."

That is not a passing comment. That is you making assumptions about how to play the vehicle and then arguing on those assumptions. I called you on it because it's false.

Now you're attacking me because I called you on it and you couldn't actually back it up.

I've already said my reasons why I support one man tanking over and over and I don't feel like repeating myself in this thread. What I decided to do is call you out on something you said. You're the one making the argument, are you offended when somebody challenges it?

I'm not the one insulting. I'm saying you're arguing on a false assumption due to your personal experience.
Old 2013-05-02, 10:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
WSNeo
Master Sergeant

lol @ magrider oblivious to turret stabilization problem

i make up my lack of "elite tank skillz" with enginner av turret. it gives me +20 skillz.

Old 2013-05-02, 10:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
moosepoop
Captain

you can "adapt" to that, cant you?
Old 2013-05-02, 10:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
wasdie
Second Lieutenant

if everything in the game is "fine", the devs wouldnt be constantly changing, updating, and polishing the game.
Nice strawman.

You really are pulling every argumentative fallacy in the book out in this thread.
Old 2013-05-02, 10:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
moosepoop
Captain

Nice strawman.

You really are pulling every argumentative fallacy in the book out in this thread.
giving ideas to improve gameplay is a "fallacy".

you sound like making tanks easier to aim while moving is a crime against humanity. its been friggin 4 months and you still freak out at the mention of it.

Last edited by moosepoop; 2013-05-02 at 11:22 PM.
Old 2013-05-02, 10:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
leifnielsen
Corporal

You guys are all wasting your energy. Stop feeding the troll. It's obvious he's just trying to start shit.

Go flip some Galaxies at the warpgate, moosepoop. You know you want to.
Old 2013-05-02, 11:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
moosepoop
Captain

Originally Posted by leifnielsen View Post
You guys are all wasting your energy. Stop feeding the troll. It's obvious he's just trying to start shit.

Go flip some Galaxies at the warpgate, moosepoop. You know you want to.
every time i talk about dedicated gunners, the same guy has not only derailed my thread here, but also on the official sony forums. he literally copy pastes the exact post he made back in december.

i made a good point and i stand by it. the harrasser uses a dedicated driver and people like it. it shows it can work in planetside 2, just like in planetside 1.

people taunt me a lot when i argue for things in the game they dont like, but when it gets implemented, i never taunt them or gloat, because im not a little punk, i dont care about that. i just want to improve the game, and right now i feel the state of the game is perfect for dedicated drivers right now.

Last edited by moosepoop; 2013-05-02 at 11:15 PM.
Old 2013-05-02, 11:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Falcon_br
Captain

I was really going to post here the excellent day I had with my outfit using harasser in lots of ways and everyone having fun with it and make some observations about it.
But now, I just wish they close this thread and some people banned.

PS: I don't recall the last time I had so much fun with planetside 2

In planetside since the close beta of the first game!
Outfit Brasileira de Planetside 2

Last edited by Falcon_br; 2013-05-02 at 11:17 PM. Reason: Grammar
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion