How To Not Suck At CQC/SMG Infil Videos Are Here! - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: You have been rejected.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-08-16, 09:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
ItZMuRdA
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Misc Info
How To Not Suck At CQC/SMG Infil Videos Are Here!

Finally!

This is definitely my largest video undertaking to date and is the culmination of many hours of work, so I hope you all enjoy it! The content included is really too long to type out completely in the description, so I will be including annotations and links to various parts of the videos where I speak about different things.

In part 1, the loadout section, I will be going over everything that you can possibly select from the equipment terminal for a CQC/SMG Infiltrator, covering all 3 empires, all of the SMGs, all attachments (both recommended and situational), sidearms, ability and suit slots, grenades, utility items (MEDKITS!!!!), and more.

In part 2, the gameplay section, I will be speaking about everything I can possibly think of that may be helpful with regard to tips and suggestions for the actual gameplay mechanics behind the CQC/SMG Infiltrator. I go into detail on things like movement, how to cloak, when to cloak, using line of sight and cover, knowing when and how to engage enemies, using your flanking techniques, escaping when you need to and how to do so successfully, using evasion well, your aiming, your dancing, your medkits, your sensor dart and all other tools available to you, some assassination with the commissioner and the knife, some preferred routes or paths that I might take at specific bases, and things like that.

If you enjoyed yourself and/or found it useful, please do give it a thumbs up and share with your friends! As always, thanks so much for everyone's feedback and support and please do tune in to the live stream everyday over at http://itzmurda.com.

Old 2013-08-17, 09:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Rolfski
Major

Re: How To Not Suck At CQC/SMG Infil Videos Are Here!

Some amazing infiltrator skills I must say, how much is your frame rate typically?
Your video actually made me reconsider the NS-7 PDW as a viable SMG, great for mid-range hipfire head-shotting.

As an instructional video series, there's definitely room for improvement though. I said it before, you tend to ramble (a 2:30 min introduction to explain what you are going to explain is way too long ). But as you refuse to work with scripts (which in your case is highly advisable), be sure to have bullet point notes in front of you before recording the voice over.
I also suggest you use in-video bullet points and chapters (the same you use in the video description) and have a bullet point summary at the end.
Old 2013-08-17, 11:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Plaqueis
Staff Sergeant

Very cool video, thanks for the tips (although i feel old&slow watching your reaction times ). I liked that there was gameplay-pov from all 3 factions, instead of just 1 like in most videos.

I used nv/compensator/foregrip/softpoints on my Sirius this far, but i'm definately gonna try 'your' setup, just for the hipfire accuracy. I'm not gonna give up on NV-sight however, i'm too used to it (i hardly use any other sight on automatic weapons except auto-shotty).

Again, nice video&thanks.
Old 2013-08-17, 12:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
ItZMuRdA
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Rolfski View Post
Some amazing infiltrator skills I must say, how much is your frame rate typically?
Your video actually made me reconsider the NS-7 PDW as a viable SMG, great for mid-range hipfire head-shotting.

As an instructional video series, there's definitely room for improvement though. I said it before, you tend to ramble (a 2:30 min introduction to explain what you are going to explain is way too long ). But as you refuse to work with scripts (which in your case is highly advisable), be sure to have bullet point notes in front of you before recording the voice over.
I also suggest you use in-video bullet points and chapters (the same you use in the video description) and have a bullet point summary at the end.
Thanks for the feedback. Do note that some of this was scripted, and all of it was bullet pointed. It was really too much information to avoid doing that for, so I have been open to that suggestion. I also had on-screen annotations like I did in the description but they really cluttered it up too much on the second video, so I went ahead and just directed people to the description for links instead.

This is really the first time doing a video of this magnitude from an instructional standpoint, covering so many aspects of one class or what not, so if I do so again I will take some advice, but my video editing skills aren't the best. These probably took me at least 20 hours of just sitting at my computer in Sony Vegas/PhotoShop/Notepad and ultimately various social media outlets to release them, which is a lot more time and effort spent on a single video or two than what I've done in the past, and time taken away from my stream unfortunately.

That said, hope the viewers enjoy it.

Old 2013-08-17, 12:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
ItZMuRdA
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Plaqueis View Post
Very cool video, thanks for the tips (although i feel old&slow watching your reaction times ). I liked that there was gameplay-pov from all 3 factions, instead of just 1 like in most videos.

I used nv/compensator/foregrip/softpoints on my Sirius this far, but i'm definately gonna try 'your' setup, just for the hipfire accuracy. I'm not gonna give up on NV-sight however, i'm too used to it (i hardly use any other sight on automatic weapons except auto-shotty).

Again, nice video&thanks.
Thanks for the kind words. Definitely keep your NV sight if you're used to it, but I do recommend trying the Adv. Laser in place of the Comp/Foregrip, I think if you can get used to hipfiring 99% of the time you'll find some great success in that. Fact is the non-NS7 SMGs are really just too weak at long range to really need to ADS on them ever, unless you're picking off some AFK guy standing still at 50 meters. Best of luck!

Old 2013-08-18, 02:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel

Awesome videos, I learned a few new things. I have been playing CQC Infiltrator more and more lately so these videos where very educational.

Great job again.

Old 2013-08-18, 10:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
OCNSethy
Major

I will definately checking this after work tonight... Love your work!

Addit: Just watched both vids. That's a lot of work there. Excellent attention to detail, very helpful. Thanks!

Last edited by OCNSethy; 2013-08-19 at 07:16 AM.
Old 2013-08-19, 03:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
ItZMuRdA
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Misc Info

Thank you both (and all) for the support and kind words.

Old 2013-08-19, 05:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Wahooo
Captain

Brilliant.

I really was hoping to learn a few things, and well... medkits. I usually take AI mines, but that is a great point about the cost/benefit of them over medkits.

I find it funny i ALWAYS cloak going up any grav pad but thought the force of habit doing it inside towers was a bit silly... guess not always.

BTW I didn't hear if you mentioned it, but if you cloak immediately after using a med-kit it can cut off the re-gen and you basically have wasted it.
Old 2013-08-19, 05:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
ItZMuRdA
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Wahooo View Post
Brilliant.

I really was hoping to learn a few things, and well... medkits. I usually take AI mines, but that is a great point about the cost/benefit of them over medkits.

I find it funny i ALWAYS cloak going up any grav pad but thought the force of habit doing it inside towers was a bit silly... guess not always.

BTW I didn't hear if you mentioned it, but if you cloak immediately after using a med-kit it can cut off the re-gen and you basically have wasted it.
Thanks! And yeah good point about the medkits, especially bad with resto kits. Something to keep in mind for sure if you're new to using them!

Old 2013-08-19, 05:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Wahooo
Captain

Would also love it if you could come bump this thread after you have some more feedback/experience with nano-cloak vs hunter. I have so far been of the thinking that nano-cloak isn't going to help much as i'm going to die almost every time i'm in a situation it would help me anyway, but i'd like your thoughts after trying it out some.
Old 2013-08-21, 01:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
OCNSethy
Major

I tried your suggestions last night - load out and tactics etc. I had a ball! I wasnt as boss as you where in your vid though

I still need to practice a ton, particularly with timing and ADSing

I was swapping between SMG infil and sniper depending on the situation but it was a blast.

Thanks!

Last edited by OCNSethy; 2013-08-21 at 01:20 AM.
Old 2013-08-21, 06:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Kalee J
Sergeant

Murda is skilled and I swear he has the innate ability to find the least situationally aware people on any given battle field.
Old 2013-08-21, 09:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
ItZMuRdA
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Misc Info

lol, thanks guys.

Old 2013-08-21, 05:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
OCNSethy
Major

Originally Posted by Kalee J View Post
Murda is skilled and I swear he has the innate ability to find the least situationally aware people on any given battle field.
I second that.... I on the other hand seem to find the ones that are
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion