Got Voice? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: We love to see you smile.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2002-10-15, 01:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Unregistered
Contributor
Custom Title

Got Voice?

Call me a noob if you must, but I haven't seen anything mentioned about "Real Time Voice Comm" being a part of the game. So I was wondering what everyones feelings about it were.

Personally, I think Voice Comm has become as necassary as a mouse when playing any squad based FPS game. The ability to communicate with other players in the game gives you a deffinate advantage over a group of players that is not communicating. Voice comm has become such an integral part of my gaming experience that before I've even decided what game I am going to play I log on to TeamSpeak and see what my friends are all playing.

So I'm wondering. Will Planetside try to incorperate Real Time Voice Comm into the game itself? If so would you prefer that Sony tried to program their own voice comm program, or are you happy with what we have to choose from now (Roger Wilco, TeamSpeak, GameVoice)?

If it does not have a built in chat do you think Sony should try and bundle something like TeamSpeak with the game?

Now on to some of the possibilitys if Sony programmed there own.....

How about a sort of "Radio" that only worked if you were with in a certian distance of each other?

Or a Distress signal that you could set so that nearby players might come to your aid?

How about a global announcement to your empire if one of your facilites is under siege, and needs renforcements?

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion