Anyone here played Natural-Selection? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Not Phantasy Star Universe!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2002-11-09, 10:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Nubi
Sergeant

Anyone here played Natural-Selection?

First off, Natural-Selection is a modification for the popular (god is it popular) game, Half-Life. In this game you can be an alien fighting marines or a marine fighting aliens. (Multi-Player, kinda like a Counter-Strike/Command and Conquer hybrid) Anyways, you have these items called resources which you have to get from pumps. The alien side has an "alien" type gizmo that sux it out for them and anyone can "evolve" to a Gorge (alien builder) to build that pump. BUT on the Marine side, where the resources are the most important, only the Commander can build that, and other structures.

Now, if you've played Natural-Selection, then you'd know what the Commander screen looks like and partially what they could do...My question is:

Should the commanders of a squad in PS get a similar view?
Old 2002-11-09, 10:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Kussy
Private

http://www.planetside-universe.com/f...=&threadid=295

Old 2002-11-09, 10:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Shiver
Master Sergeant

FAQ
There are quite a few benefits to CEP rank (oriented to command of groups) that are over and above the benefits of BEP rank
@SmokeJumperPS (Dev Chat)
Command abilities allow better top-down control of a squad (however, squad members still have to willingly follow a command for it to work properly)...
Decode the above and you'll probably know whether or not that's going to happen. It seems very possible although I'm not quite sure how succesful it would be, it all depends on how the devs would implement it.

If it were included in the game and were fun I wouldn't complain, although the commander shouldn't need to be distracted so much that he can't take part in an assault that he wishes to lead. I want to be part of the action as much as anyone else

I guess it's one of those wait and see situations.

Last edited by Shiver; 2002-11-09 at 12:14 PM.
Old 2002-11-09, 09:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
jamikey
Sergeant

I thin k the commander has to be able to lead his troops for an example watch the movie "we were soldiers". thats the way a commander should be not too busy to fight but not to busy fighting to placetroops where they need to be
Old 2002-11-10, 01:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Hamma
PSU Admin

There has been allot of talk about how the commander can be as involved as he wants to be, he can sit back and command ( on the outskirts of battle) or get right into the thick of things

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion