Stealth Assassin - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Dave is my best friend......honest.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2002-11-09, 08:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
glsauron
Sergeant

Stealth Assassin

Anybody else think a Galaxy dropping of a load of Stealth guys off at a reletively undefended base, and then getting shot down (sacrafice) would be a good idea?
If you got 2 guys dressed as hackers, and the other part of the squad drssed with:
Stealth Suit, Surge, Silent Run, Melee Booster, using the secondary mode of the knife is gonna be a nice insta kill. And you cant be detected except by sight.
High level people only, IE 4 certs, but doable.
Or istead of knife run around with the Suppressor. Maybe not one hit kills, but Suppressor, magnifyer, silent run, surge, Stealth suit will be deadly too.
What other combos do you think will be very lethal when played right besides relying on vehicles and MAX suits...
Old 2002-11-09, 09:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
jamikey
Sergeant

Stealth suits will be deadly but still has some disadvantages too.
Old 2002-11-09, 09:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
glsauron
Sergeant

speed, limited mobility (while stealthed), low ammo counts, lesser team tactics (cant see each other) all true. But in a lot of cases a properly played Stealther will be able to turn a base upside down. Now the question for me is can a stealth carry a hacking kit? I doubt it. Which is why i put down 2 hackers (heavies with extra ammo and health kits) from my galaxy

and when you make an argument aginst something you need to support it with quotes, sources, or specifics.

Anybody know where the details of the stealth suit were? What can they carry specifically?
Old 2002-11-09, 10:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
NapalmEnima
Contributor
AGN Field Reporter

I've seen it mentioned in several places that they can only carry a pistol.... and one place that said they could carry a pistol and knife, and remain cloaked.

That implies to me that they COULD pick up something heavier (from a victim perhaps) and use it, if only briefly.

I wouldn't be surprised to find that they can carry a little equipment, such as the hacking tool. Perhaps even a grenade or two. "Enjoy your plasma-du-jur."

Last edited by NapalmEnima; 2002-11-09 at 10:21 PM.
Old 2002-11-09, 10:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
glsauron
Sergeant

OK. But do you got a link to either of those references? I haven't been able to find anthing on what tey can carry, but I know Ive seen it before. RAW interview maybe?
Old 2002-11-10, 03:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Flashingfish
Forbidden Leader

You think knives will be one hit kill?

And stealth won't be that deadly, all you have is pistols. And your footsteps can be heard. ANd you're forgetting the darklight emitter which can detect stealthed people.

Old 2002-11-10, 08:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Kussy
Private

Why you want to use a galaxy? It would be only if you would drop your people VERY close to the next enemy base. But it would alarm the enemy. I would prefer to use Drop Pods from teh space platforms. They can carry soldiers suited up to MAX Armor. So you would drop to the neutral zone and run unrecognized to the enemy base. Remember: Vehicles show up on radar, soldiers don't.
Old 2002-11-10, 10:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Nostradamus
Private

To start...

You fellas realize that you cannot just drop right into an enemy base you have to drop in neutral territory. Thats what the whole deal of Spheres of Influence is about, you cannot drop into an enemy's sphere of influence.

Heres my two cents on stealth....

It seems to me that in every game that is not specifically DESIGNED soley for stealth, or designed with a heavy bias towards the stealthy, promises a lot but delivers little when it comes down to it. Sure games will promise gear and implants and certs etc which will make it seem like you just cant beat Stealth characters, and i know that its lots of people's dream (mine included) to command an all powerful stealth agent which no enemy can see/touch, but in all likelihood in games like this its just not possible. But thats just what im thinking, of course i could be wrong.
Old 2002-11-10, 01:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Lexington_Steele
Lieutenant Colonel

I would assume the galaxy could drop you wherever you fly it to, regardless of sphere of influence. I could be wrong tho.

I do think it would work better if the galaxy dropped the stealth team a bit further away. Then you have a bunch of tanks attacking from a different side to draw the enemy over there and a mosquito or two flying recon. Then the commander will give the order to go when the stealth team has the best chance for sneak attack. Maybe even have a decoy fast transport vehicle with the tanks.

Sit Back, Relax, and Enjoy the Action.
Old 2002-11-10, 01:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Kukanil
Private

in the dev chat (its on this site somewhere) It says that stealths can only carry a pistol and a knife. Knifes will prob never be insta kill, since then you would have way to many stealthers just waiting for insta kills. No fun.
Old 2002-11-10, 02:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
glsauron
Sergeant

The point of the Galaxy was the ability to drop multiple stealths real close to the enemy base. Drop pods do have to stay out of a SoI, so cant drop real close. Galaxy can land and drop off people 1m from entrance. Would also have a couple people get killed on purpose so it would seem the attack is repelled. Or at least retreat.

Could also use the Basilisk, it doesn't appear on radar but is easier to kill. The point was that while you are not getting hit or moving, ur unseen and undetectable.

And I said specifically one of the implants was silent run, which negates the whole sound thing.

The melee booster, + 2nd mode I'd assume is a 1 hit kill. OR at least over 1/2 for the follow-up knife or suppressor hit.

And the Darklight emitter would be the only way to detect when not moving.

Point was a possible tactic, not an absolute rule. Looking for dif deadly ideas so we can figure out what we MAY want to be thinking of and how to protect against the same.
Old 2002-11-10, 02:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Hamma
PSU Admin

http://www.planetside-universe.com/a...hp?articleId=6
^^ Dev Chat

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2002-11-10, 02:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Kukanil
Private

you can only carry a pistol and knife. No assualt rifle.Also, after the first hit, anyone with half a brain would turn around a spray a few rounds down the hallway. Roxsoring j0r boxor. Since the 2nd mode makes noise when you do it.
Old 2002-11-10, 02:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
glsauron
Sergeant

DOH I still dont see them saying knife+ pistol (quick review) but I remember it somewhere.

Somebody that has better eyes then me quote it?

And I'm thinking 1.0-1.5 second delay max before 2nd slash goes down. Or switching to a suppressor and you doing the bullet spraying...
Old 2002-11-10, 03:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Hilger

Surge + Silent Run + Agile Exo Suit + Jackhammer = Ultimate Pwn
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion