All Infantry Armors the same? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Got Gauss?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2011-07-08, 01:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
2coolforu
First Lieutenant

All Infantry Armors the same?

In the game trailer all the armors looked identical, does this mean there is no standard/agile/rexo ? If so do when then have a Bad Company 2 style faux regenerating health /w medics.

I think regenerating health or a similar kind of 'bloody screen' health we see in arcade shooters like CoD and BF:BC 1/2 would be a huge shot in the foot. There's a reason planetside had slow paced combat in an era with some of the fastest paced there's ever been (Quake, UTC anyone?) and that's simply because there are 300 people and enemy tanks, aircraft, CE and artillery all trying to shoot your nads off and its not possible to have a 2-3 shot kill system like other games.

I know everyone wants to jump on the CoD bandwagon and get the frat kids and big money but its becoming like the Michael Bay of video games, huge volumes of crap without any real depth and done without any real reasoning. Please let it be that we can keep Rexo/Agile and separate armor and health, the combat in Planetside actually worked and was refreshing and unique; given the whole 'classes' and 'spawn on squad members' mechanics I've seen it seems unlikely that there will be any difference in armors in the infantry other than MAX and squishy.

I have also seen no mention of the infiltrator armor, this is another staple of Planetside and I think people forget just how effective cloakers were before everyone gained eagle eyesight and universal paranoia about infiltrators. I mean even PC Gamer said that the ability to jack vehicles is 'probably not in the game', I don't know if Sony realizes this but vehicle jacking is one of the few ways to deal with door camping and hill camping entrenched vehicles.

Last edited by 2coolforu; 2011-07-08 at 02:02 PM.
Old 2011-07-08, 02:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Grimster
First Lieutenant

Re: All Infantry Armors the same?

Or they are simply not done with the art on the rest of the armors?
NEED UPDATES!
Old 2011-07-08, 02:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

This is what you call "wild conjecture".

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2011-07-08, 02:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
krnasaur
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Grimster View Post
Or they are simply not done with the art on the rest of the armors?
this.

I HIGHLY doubt that they will do PS2 without multiple armor types. I expect they will expand it further than the PJs/agile/rexo/infiltrator/max setup they have now.
Old 2011-07-08, 02:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Sifer2
Major

It sounds like they are ditching the armor concept an going to with class's. With the different one's having different armor. There is going to be light armored jetpackers we know that already. Probably heavy armored assault infantry equivalent of old Rexo too. An MAX's.

Vehicle Pilots an Support guys will probably be stuck with light armor too.
Old 2011-07-08, 02:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Sifer2 View Post
here is going to be light armored jetpackers we know that already.
I haven't seen a single confirmation of that at all.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2011-07-08, 02:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Vancha
Colonel

Jetpacks are in the game that will be jump jets, they are not available to all classes in the game. It will be a tradeoff
That's all we know so far. They could be talking about light armor, or they could be talking about MAXs and snipers. *shrug*
Old 2011-07-08, 04:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
LordReaver
First Sergeant

Is it not possible that those "jet packs" are really just for boosting running speed? Like a hybrid between surge and the MAX auto-run for a short distance.
Old 2011-07-08, 04:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Haro
Master Sergeant

It's way too soon to be talking about what armor may or may not be in the game. I did notice several different helmet styles in the game for the TR, at the very least, though this might just be individual customization. I am fairly certain we've already seen both standard and agile, though, so it seems that the armor sets may be similar. who knows how it may fit into the class structure though.

Frankly, I'd like to see the armor situation get completely revamped. I like the idea of having different armor for different roles, but I felt there wasn't enough distinction between armor sets. Granted, infil and MAX (if you count that as just armor) were pretty well defined, but things got weird in the middle range. standard was all but useless, and agile didn't have very much purpose unless you piloted closed vehicles. Rexo was the main armor, as far as infantry goes. I feel like they could add more individual flavor to the armor, to make selection more appealing.
Old 2011-07-08, 05:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Naeadil
Corporal

Agile killwhores get to use jetpacks now instead of hot dropping on bases all the time, sounds okay to me.

Still the same thing. They fall from the sky, you die.
Old 2011-07-08, 05:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

There are different kinds of armor in the game. Not just rexo, but also Agile. YOu even see them in the trailer
Old 2011-07-08, 05:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
BorisBlade
First Lieutenant

Jetpacks? f*ck, those are so ghay. Last thing we need in PS is jetpacks. That sucks, guess the devs played way too much UT and crap games like that.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion