MF'ing ES rocket launcher info (via reddit) - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: For the Motherland!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-03-19, 09:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
wasdie
Second Lieutenant

Re: MF'ing ES rocket launcher info (via reddit)

Good info. I'm excited to use the Phoenix.

Hopefully with these new rocket launchers they start taking a more Planetsidey feel with the new weapons. The differences with these launchers are great and should make the battlefield feel a bit more like Planetside.
Old 2013-03-19, 09:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Ruffdog
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Outstanding. Can't wait for the Striker!

Wonder what the better MAX defence will be versus the lancer? Kinetic or Flak?

Old 2013-03-19, 09:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Tenhi
Corporal

Yeah the whole damage of the Lancer sounds underwhelming. It doesnt oneshot Infantry even fully charged, it needs ~2.5 full charges for a MAX etc etc

The standard S1 dumbfire needs only 2 shots against a MAX, it also oneshots infantry. Or if you take the Decimator it gets high splash besides the oneshot.

Also in the March Roadmap Preview we saw the Lancer Scope... it looks like a 2x scope... have fun sniping anything with that.

What I also want to know is if the Lancer has splash. If its a laser like the Saron it has none... that would suck really hard.

Edit: The only thing that could save that thing is really high bullet velocity. If you can reliably hit moving targets and even slow ESFs it could fit a niche. If its bullet velocity isnt high enough its just a very sad thing :/

Last edited by Tenhi; 2013-03-19 at 09:47 AM.
Old 2013-03-19, 09:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Dragonskin
Major

Originally Posted by Ruffdog View Post
Outstanding. Can't wait for the Striker!

Wonder what the better MAX defence will be versus the lancer? Kinetic or Flak?
I thought Flak only helped against mines and grenades while Kinetic only worked on small arms fire like assualt rifles, light machine guns and pistol. If that's true then it would work like the other rocket launchers where neither option protects the max from rockets. Or maybe I am wrong... could have sworn there was a myth topic recently that stated flak armor didn't protect against rockets.
Old 2013-03-19, 09:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Canaris
Contributor
General

Q:Hmm, so if its got a short range, is it ultra maneuverable, like, round corners and suchlike, and if we have such a short range, do the other Empires have a similar drawback mechanic?
Oh, and when we hit something, does it play a guitar riff?
A:It's not going to be absurdly maneuverable, we don't want people using it from inside spawn rooms in towers shoot dudes down below, etc... but it is maneuverable enough to consistently hit targets in open fields.

Each of the weapons has it's own player skill-based trade offs. The Phoenix does a grip of damage compared to any other guided missile.
they say this but it's exactly what it going to be used for and once it's in it won't be changed. Anything so far the dev's have come up with as a control a smarter FPS player has already found a work around.

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms

Last edited by Canaris; 2013-03-19 at 09:49 AM.
Old 2013-03-19, 10:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Ruffdog
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Dragonskin View Post
I thought Flak only helped against mines and grenades while Kinetic only worked on small arms fire like assualt rifles, light machine guns and pistol. If that's true then it would work like the other rocket launchers where neither option protects the max from rockets. Or maybe I am wrong... could have sworn there was a myth topic recently that stated flak armor didn't protect against rockets.
I can say categorically Flak on a MAX helps against direct rockets. I put two decis into a vs MAX in about 12 seconds plus Carv rounds and they still lived. Other MAXs have taken 1 deci and some bullets and they're down. Cause of death, me 100% no assistance. Vanilla I guess.
Not so sure about how the s1 is currently treated with damage application to MAXs
Lancer will be similar I suspect.

Old 2013-03-19, 10:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Dragonskin
Major

Originally Posted by Ruffdog View Post
I can say categorically Flak on a MAX helps against direct rockets. I put two decis into a vs MAX in about 12 seconds plus Carv rounds and they still lived. Other MAXs have taken 1 deci and some bullets and they're down. Cause of death, me 100% no assistance. Vanilla I guess.
Not so sure about how the s1 is currently treated with damage application to MAXs
Lancer will be similar I suspect.
Got the info from this. I guess he could be wrong too, but seems like he tested it and crunched the numbers to me.

Old 2013-03-19, 10:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Ruffdog
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Cool will have look after work

Old 2013-03-19, 11:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Isokon
Private

Why is everyone so fixated on the Lancer's damage versus infantry? If it has a very fast projectile speed and does acceptable damage versus armor, it's pretty much what I am looking for.
Old 2013-03-19, 11:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Tenhi
Corporal

Originally Posted by Isokon View Post
Why is everyone so fixated on the Lancer's damage versus infantry? If it has a very fast projectile speed and does acceptable damage versus armor, it's pretty much what I am looking for.
And what if the bullet velocity is lacking? Then you get a standard dumbfire with less damage but no bullet drop... not worth the SC/Certs.

If the bullet velocity is high enough it could be a good weapon.
Old 2013-03-19, 11:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Badjuju
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by wasdie View Post
Good info. I'm excited to use the Phoenix.

Hopefully with these new rocket launchers they start taking a more Planetsidey feel with the new weapons. The differences with these launchers are great and should make the battlefield feel a bit more like Planetside.
I agree. We don't have enough reasons to hate the other factions yet. This should help it feel more like the Planetside we love.
Old 2013-03-19, 12:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Ruffdog
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Badjuju View Post
I agree. We don't have enough reasons to hate the other factions yet. This should help it feel more like the Planetside we love.
This. The previous phoenix made me hate the blues. Hate. And back then there was no double damage to a vehicle rear!
I think the official forums will have a meltdown when these babies land!

Old 2013-03-19, 01:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Isokon
Private

Originally Posted by Tenhi View Post
And what if the bullet velocity is lacking? Then you get a standard dumbfire with less damage but no bullet drop... not worth the SC/Certs.

But that's a really big "what if". What if the bullet velocity is incredibly high and the damage against armor is really good?
As long as we don't know how those factors pan out, I find it a bit premature to dismiss the Lancer.
Old 2013-03-19, 01:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Timealude
Captain

Originally Posted by Tenhi View Post

The no bullet drop alone makes it worth something, this will also depend on the reload time it takes in between magazines as well. If you remember when the Nemesis was bugged in beta, my outfit would pretty much snipe tanks with it all day and it had a pretty slowly bullet velocity. Im pretty sure the lancers in groups are going to be very deadly to armor, and just because it doesnt one shot infantry doesnt mean you cant kill them. Just pick your targets that are low health.
Old 2013-03-19, 02:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
AThreatToYou
Major

Lancer still seems badass. The Phoenix sounds like it will do a shit ton of damage more reliably than the other AV weapons (read: able to hit strafing mags). The Striker sounds like it'll be able to create no-tank zones after everyone's smoke pops dead.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion