Are alerts a bit rigged. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: A third implant? But I already got 2.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-09-06, 02:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
HelpLuperza
Corporal

Are alerts a bit rigged.

Are alerts a big rigged?

So lately after the 3rd indar biolab alert the NC won, the 2nd indar Tech plant alert the TR won, and the 5th Amp station alert that the VS won (yay VS!!); I beginning to wonder if the indar alerts are bit slanted toward in game events.

I think it a bit too rigged. Rigged toward local events happening in the game.

Unlike other continents their is always a battle on Indar, so continent population probably does not have a big effect on alerts on Indar. Recently all the big alerts have happened just after a tech plant, amp station, or biolab was taken by the VS, TR, or NC. It is especially seem to be triggered when at least two of the different factions have conquers a different major base at the same time.

It feels like its got to the point were its too predictable. I had VS friends tell me in squad chat that its either going to be a _____ indar alert or _____ indar alert and be 9 times out of ten correct.

Does anyone else feel like alerts are bit predicatable. Not in outcome of who wins, but in at least what type of alert is comming?

So what do you guys think?

Last edited by HelpLuperza; 2013-09-06 at 02:02 AM. Reason: This is actually supposed to be mostly open question discussion, but the title of the thread did not come out right.
Old 2013-09-06, 04:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Re: Are alerts a bit rigged.

For me it seems like Amp Stations and Tech Plants are both up in the air when it comes to alerts. Bio Labs lend themselves more towards the NC and in a lesser extent towards the VS.

Edit: Bah, I completely misread the thread. It does seem like the alerts have a tendecy of becoming predictable. At the very least you can guess what kind of alert it won't be.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.

Last edited by ChipMHazard; 2013-09-06 at 02:28 PM.
Old 2013-09-06, 04:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
ringring
Contributor
General

There always seems to be a Esamir Bio Lab event in the morning (Miller), except the day before yesterday where the TR already owned all three.

But is this true or imaginary? We know the human brain is very good with creating patterns from otherwise random data points.
Old 2013-09-06, 12:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Real or imaginary, it's bloody annoying.

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Old 2013-09-06, 12:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Wahooo
Captain

Well, there has been a couple times recently that I've logged in to clear my certs mid-afternoon my time which is pretty much prime time US east coast, and Connery, Waterson and Matherson have all had Indar Biolab alerts that had started within about 1/2 hour of each other and the maps have looked damn near identical.

Not sure if they are triggered by something or if it really is random.
Old 2013-09-06, 03:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Varsam
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by ChipMHazard View Post
For me it seems like Amp Stations and Tech Plants are both up in the air when it comes to alerts. Bio Labs lend themselves more towards the NC and in a lesser extent towards the VS.

Edit: Bah, I completely misread the thread. It does seem like the alerts have a tendecy of becoming predictable. At the very least you can guess what kind of alert it won't be.
Of course. God forbid your own faction has any actual advantages.
Old 2013-09-06, 04:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
AuntLou
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by HelpLuperza View Post

So what do you guys think?
I think your smoking the good stuff.

http://www.thefortydeuce.com
Old 2013-09-06, 10:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by Varsam View Post
Of course. God forbid your own faction has any actual advantages.
What do you mean?

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2013-09-07, 06:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

666 Saturday Ops, we win Global Tech Alert with almost all plants. Myth BUSTED.

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2013-09-07, 07:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Rumblepit
Second Lieutenant

It can feel that way at times.But I assure you it's balanced.

As a TR on Connery I can say I hate the alerts.The majority of the TR players either don't care,or are just plain clueless.They don't defend what they should when they should, and they don't attack what they should when they should. Then they cry about it.This is the way of the game.
Old 2013-09-07, 09:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Sunrock
Major

Originally Posted by Rumblepit View Post
It can feel that way at times.But I assure you it's balanced.

As a TR on Connery I can say I hate the alerts.The majority of the TR players either don't care,or are just plain clueless.They don't defend what they should when they should, and they don't attack what they should when they should. Then they cry about it.This is the way of the game.
Well it's a known fact that Miller has all the good TR plyers
Old 2013-09-07, 10:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
PredatorFour
Major

Originally Posted by Sunrock View Post
Well it's a known fact that Miller has all the good TR plyers
If that is true then why are you on Miller ?!?!? ............Just kidding! I've fought against outcasters since 2005 there's quite abit of respect there
Old 2013-09-09, 02:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Zadexin
Corporal

I don't think they are rigged, I think they are pointless. With the lattice system it's nearly impossible to control all of 1 factory type unless you have full world domination already. Its a terrible holdover from the hex system when you could cap anything.

And do we really need worldwide strategy dictated by random computer generated events? I'm pretty sure platoon leaders have a good idea of what they would like to do instead.
Old 2013-09-09, 02:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
GeoGnome
First Sergeant

Honestly the alert system has run it's course. What needs to happen, is that the alerts need to be phased out when continental lattice is implemented, so that they just become passive XP boosts that are provided when a faction accomplishes certain objectives. So if you take all 3 Biolabs on a continent, everyone on that continent receives 3k Additional XP. If you Take a whole continent (Drive everyone off with 100% ownership, not flip it's usefulness via 75% ownership) then you get 5k additional XP.

That way we preserve the use of alerts (Providing incentive to push people down lane) while removing the silliness they have created with 4th faction switching.
Old 2013-09-09, 02:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Varsam
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by GeoGnome View Post
Honestly the alert system has run it's course. What needs to happen, is that the alerts need to be phased out when continental lattice is implemented, so that they just become passive XP boosts that are provided when a faction accomplishes certain objectives. So if you take all 3 Biolabs on a continent, everyone on that continent receives 3k Additional XP. If you Take a whole continent (Drive everyone off with 100% ownership, not flip it's usefulness via 75% ownership) then you get 5k additional XP.

That way we preserve the use of alerts (Providing incentive to push people down lane) while removing the silliness they have created with 4th faction switching.
I fail to see how this would in any way combat 4th faction switching.

EDIT:
Originally Posted by ChipMHazard View Post
What do you mean?
I meant that in a thread about Alerts being skewed, you (accurately or not) mention particular alerts favoring both other factions without mentioning your own faction's advantages.

Last edited by Varsam; 2013-09-10 at 01:07 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion