PSU: There's No Place Like PSU There's No Place Like PSU
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > Community > Looking for Outfit

Old 2012-06-18, 05:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
TetsuBo
Private

Post A group of Swedes LFO - TR | EU

Hello, sorry for the wall of text but I want to be thorough.

I'm on the lookout for an outfit that would be a good fit for me and some friends.

We're a handful of guys ( probably 4-5 ) from our Swedish gaming community, No Surrender, that are looking for an outfit to play PS 2 with.
Specifically on an EU server for the Terran Republic.

Some of us have played together for close to a decade in our community, in a multitude of games, but the interest in PS 2 isn't enough to warrant our own outfit.
We are veterans of online gaming, and a couple of us are veterans of PS 1 where we played in BMC under Ostekake on Werner.

We are looking for an outfit that shares our values of team play, a fair amout of maturity, good conduct and humor, but also has a good structure and strives to employ tactics in the game.

I don't think we all have a plan for our role in the game yet, the main focus is always to benefit the team. Speaking personally I will most likely focus on flying.

We are not looking for an outfit with high attendance requirements, but rather a place where we can most effectively spend our time in the game. Our individual attendance might vary from a couple of hours to 20 hours a week.

We're all fluent in English, have mics and will join your Mumble or TS3 server. We have our own Mumble server that could be used if needed.
As for our age, we are all 30+.

Because we want to play together, this is a package deal. And while we are a group we are not afraid of sharing our thoughts and taking part of your community.
There might be more to follow, but they'd of course apply on their own later on.

Feel free to ask questions, advertise your outfit or otherwise toot your horn here or in a pm to me.

Last edited by TetsuBo; 2012-06-19 at 03:23 AM.
Old 2012-06-18, 08:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Zidane
Sergeant Major

Re: A group of Swedes LFO - TR | EU

Hello TetsuBo,
My name is Zidane, Im a member of an outfit called Cybernetic Punks or CNP for short. We are also part of a larger Alliance called CTC. FYI there will not be regional servers in PS2, there will instead be world servers so that the action never ends!!! Please feel free to check out our recruitment thread or feel free to PM me!!
http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...678#post704678

Zidane
Old 2012-06-18, 09:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Arovien
First Sergeant

Was about to reply to this but you beat me to it Zidane.

Just to build on what Zidane mentioned, even though most Cybernetic Punk members hail from North America we will be playing 24/7.

Cybernetic Punk is all about professionalism so we are strictly an 18+ outfit; must of us are about 25-35 years of age.
Old 2012-06-18, 09:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Degrifter
Sergeant

Misc Info

Black Widow Company, a proud member of the ULTRA Alliance, is looking for players for Planetside 2. Our outfit is run by a large percentage of military veterans and active-duty servicemembers. Because of our member background we prefer to style ourselves a military-style outfit. We use small unit tactics, adapted for Planetside. Our primary focus is air assault heavy infantry and air-mobile rapid response. What a full platoon of other guys can do, we do with a squad.

We require our aspirants to submit an application. Members are expected to maintain a basic level of membership by A) reading/signing our SOP, B) setting up an OpServ account and sticking their FruitSalad banner in their forum signature block, and C) maintaining the Medium Assault certification - every player is a rifleman first. Teamspeak is required whilst playing, squadding up is required when four or more members are on. We don't do the lone-wolf Rambo thing.

Interested recruits may register at the forums and check out the recruiting application. We have a highly-organized structure and a dedicated chain of command. In games we support we perform weekly and nightly operations, and we also support Alliance operations. During planned/announced operations, typically we use strict comms procedures on Teamspeak (no worrying about idiots chattering idle-BS on TS). During "off-duty" times and casual play, we're fairly loose but we do not tolerate hot-miking or transmission-abuse (running your mouth for no reason, screaming over TS, spamming channel, etc). For the aspiring member we offer a wide range of training and a promotion points system that negates croneyism and favouritism, a system which is reviewed periodically and adjusted to account for game OPTEMPO. For the glory-hounds we have a Battle Decorations Program that allows members to achieve decorations and awards. Or you can simply sign up and be a member. Completion of the basic expectations is all we require - everything else is window-dressing and is voluntary.

For those seeking to be more than just a guy with an outfit tag, we offer three Task Forces that serve as our special-focus teams. Task Force Ranger is an air assault heavy infantry force. Task Force Commando is an air-mobile light infantry force. Task Force Dragon is our air cavalry/air support team. It is not required to join any of them.

If you're looking for a professional outfit that believes in teamwork, communication, tactics, loyalty and friendship, then look no further than Black Widow Company. We are also active in other games as well.

http://www.the-bwc.com

Captain Degrifter -- Black Widow Company
Old 2012-06-19, 03:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
TetsuBo
Private

Originally Posted by Zidane View Post
FYI there will not be regional servers in PS2, there will instead be world servers so that the action never ends!!!
According to http://forums.station.sony.com/dcuop...topic_id=47694 , there will be regional servers but no region restrictions.
Do you have any other source?
Old 2012-06-19, 10:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Khrusky
Staff Sergeant

Hi,

As you can read in my sig, Drake Flight is a new EU-specific TR Air Assault Outfit.
We are a small community at the moment, but this also confers some advantages. There are certainly not high attendance requirements.

Focusing on a specific mode of combat should allow us to focus on refining and mastering our tactics rather than being a jack-of-all-trades. Referring to your preferred play-style, there is definitely a need for pilots in an Air Assault Outfit . We would love to have more foot soldiers though if your friends happen to prefer those classes. They can get a free ride to the battlefield, too.

I won't proselytise here, but if you want any more information on who we are, and where we're going, send me a PM. I'm regularly active on these forums. We also have a very much work-in-progress website that I'm busy crafting right now, with forum, which my signature picture links to.

Regardless of your outfit decision:

Drake Flight is a new EU TR Air Assault Outfit. PM me if you're interested in signing up.

Last edited by Khrusky; 2012-06-20 at 08:08 AM.
Old 2012-06-19, 05:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
BuzzCutPsycho
Sergeant Major

Doesn't seem like a whole lot of EU outfits are around. Best of luck to you guys.
Old 2012-06-19, 07:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Zidane
Sergeant Major

According to http://forums.station.sony.com/dcuop...topic_id=47694 , there will be regional servers but no region restrictions.
Do you have any other source?
Im sorry I said that incorrectly. There will be regional server to choose from, however the actual servers will be based in the US, so on that note why note play on a US server because your ping will be the same no matter what. We are trying to bring more EU players to CNP this way we can give the TR the edge when most US players will be asleep!!!:P Hope to hear back from ya!!!
Old 2012-06-19, 10:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
proxy
Contributor
Sergeant

Im sorry I said that incorrectly. There will be regional server to choose from, however the actual servers will be based in the US, so on that note why note play on a US server because your ping will be the same no matter what. We are trying to bring more EU players to CNP this way we can give the TR the edge when most US players will be asleep!!!:P Hope to hear back from ya!!!
Basically this.

We'd like to be able to see CNP hold and dominate areas 24/7 - We could even "claim" areas for extended lengths of time so people would know that an area remains in TR hands simply because CNP wills it to be so.

Hope to hear from you guys, let Zindane know if you want to move forward.

| cyberneticpunks.com - Hostile Takeovers - Liquidation - No Survivors
| Join the new face of the old guard.
Old 2012-06-20, 09:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
BillyBob
Corporal

There will be regional server to choose from, however the actual servers will be based in the US, so on that note why note play on a US server because your ping will be the same no matter what.
From your comment it sounds as if the EU servers would be physically located in the US, which is clearly not the case according to the ProSiebenSat.1 FAQ:
SOE is currently exploring locations in Europe that will provide secure, fast, and reliable server availability. We will provide more information as it is available, but we can confirm that the servers will be located in Europe.
Consequently, there will be a purpose for players in the EU to join EU Outfits, at the very least for those who wish to get the most out of the game in terms of performance (latency etc).

Needless to say, there would be little to no point of having servers being designated as EU ones unless they were actually located there as well.

Anyway, just wanted to point out for clarity that based on the official information we currently have, EU servers will be located in the EU...not the US.

As someone living in EU myself, I would certainly accept nothing less than being able to play on a server physically located in the EU. PS2 being an FPS and PvP focused game, latency is particularly crucial as poor ping can more or less ruin the gameplay experience by giving you a significant disadvantage.

/BB

Last edited by BillyBob; 2012-06-20 at 09:30 PM.
Old 2012-06-20, 09:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
proxy
Contributor
Sergeant

Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
As someone living in EU myself, I would certainly accept nothing less than being able to play on a server physically located in the EU. PS2 being an FPS and PvP focused game, latency is particularly crucial as poor ping can more or less ruin the gameplay experience by giving you a significant disadvantage.

/BB
I would totally agree and would do the same if the situation was reversed. I sincerely hope you guys get your own servers. If that quote works out, it looks like we were misinformed.

| cyberneticpunks.com - Hostile Takeovers - Liquidation - No Survivors
| Join the new face of the old guard.
Old 2012-06-20, 10:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
BillyBob
Corporal

Originally Posted by proxy View Post
I would totally agree and would do the same if the situation was reversed. I sincerely hope you guys get your own servers. If that quote works out, it looks like we were misinformed.
Thanks man.

As a sidenote, it's a shame these technical limitations apply, or else I would personally much prefer to be on a 100% mixed server.

One of the greatest things to me when playing PS on Gemini, is the fact that it has people from both the US and EU.

I sincerely hope that in a near future, these limitations will be small enough to be completely negligible so there's no trade-off between how you can play the game vs who you can play it with.

Thanks again and all the best!

/BB
Old 2012-06-21, 05:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
XLynxX
Corporal

EU servers will be located in the EU. It would be insanity to have an EU server on US soil as, as you said, there would be minimal ping difference. Just warning you, as any EU players you will recruit will have a higher ping, and thus might impede on their game experience and yours .
Old 2012-06-21, 08:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
TetsuBo
Private

Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
Anyway, just wanted to point out for clarity that based on the official information we currently have, EU servers will be located in the EU...not the US.
Thank you for clearing that up, I was a bit worried there for a second.

And thanks for the Outfits showing interest, I'll take all this back to my friends and see how we proceed.
Will be in contact if we choose to apply to your Outfit.
Old 2012-06-21, 10:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
iSpectre
Private

Nice to see more EU activity on the site ^^

Sent PM: Best of luck to you in finding a good group and enjoying PS2.

PlanetSide Universe > Community > Looking for Outfit