Population Inbalance - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Cheaper then a babysitter
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-05-20, 03:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
Canaris
Contributor
General

Re: Population Inbalance

Originally Posted by DeltaGun View Post
Yeah Assist, stop bitching and go change the faction colors already. Canaris is a psychologist.
oh I don't need to be a psychologist to see what's right in front of me

*shudder*

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2013-05-20, 05:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
Snipefrag
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Canaris View Post
oh I don't need to be a psychologist to see what's right in front of me

When I'm Vanu - YouTube

*shudder*
haha, that video is hilarious.. i love anti faction propaganda.
Old 2013-05-20, 06:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
Lucecarentes
Private

Ceres VS have also been getting outnumbered for 5 months now, we always have 25-29% pop. We can hardly get enuf people on one continent.
TR have 35-40% every day. Honestly if this keeps up I'll just give up from PS2. It's not fun fighting with only one VS platoon at your side, against 5-10 TR platoons every day.

Last edited by Lucecarentes; 2013-05-20 at 06:16 AM.
Old 2013-05-20, 10:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
MrMak
Sergeant Major

Well all that exagerating your faction's weakneses and other faction's streanghts realy payed off then huh?

Seriously if people stoped making loing winded threads about which faction is curently the most OP thing since the BFG 9000 this faction hoping that creates the imbalances would at least slow down.

Last edited by MrMak; 2013-05-20 at 10:28 AM.
Old 2013-05-21, 06:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
martingee
Private

I think the damage is done, at least on Cobalt.

Despite the TR's favourable warpgate position on Indar we usually only have equal pop to the NC, occassionally outnumbering but not all that often. Saying that the population swings can be dramatic and for no apparent reason. The other night VS were at 41% something i've not seen in a while.

I can't remember what patch it was (GU02 iirc) but when a whole load of people switched to NC their new characters became their main and now, after a few months, aren't switching back. I started on Lithcorp and our merger with Cobalt seemed to help a little but ultimately i think people have ploughed money and time into their characters and the pops are 'fixed'.

I don't have any solutions, no one should be forced to play a particular empire in order to even the fight but as people have said, no one finds it fun to be facerolled time and time again.
Old 2013-05-21, 07:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

On Briggs the warpgate position on Indar dictates the population balance.
The TR will swap to what ever faction holds the position to the north.

Last edited by DirtyBird; 2013-05-21 at 07:09 PM.
Old 2013-06-05, 12:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
capiqu
Contributor
First Lieutenant

I'll bring this back up for the last time since I'm losing yet a few more friends to other servers. The complain is that the VS have a huge population advantage on my server so as soon as they can they will transfer to another server.
I hear the arguments, some servers have low populations and people want to transfer to higher pop servers or you have friends playing on other servers and you want to play with them. So the solution is transfers that takes care of everything.
However in my situation and in my server the problem is not server low population but a huge population imbalance. So More TR and NC will leave making the VS advantage even greater. Then some Vs will leave looking for fairer fights and on and on and on and on.
I will present this for the last time. Keep the server populations put. Allow the servers to become open servers to characters from factions needed. So if server A has a current populaton of 20% TR which would be lets say under a threshold of 30% that server then becomes an open server. Becoming an opened server would allow TR from other servers to log on to server A until the TR population Reaches 30% again and then server A will close up again. Once you log off when you log on again you will return to your original server thereby not causing a permanent impact on your servers population.

Last edited by capiqu; 2013-06-05 at 12:16 PM.
Old 2013-06-05, 12:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Qwan
Captain

Wow hearing alot about warp gate positions, and which one's is better, Here's one to boggle the mind. lets say they spread the lattice to all the current continents, line the warp gates and link bases threw the warp gates.

My question is when you log into the game were would your starting point be for you faction. (were going to need those sactuary's back guys)

With the way this game plays and the way it feels sometimes I dont think they should have called this game Planetside, they gutted what made Planetside the game Planetside, though the concept is there. They should have called it something like Global War, or P-Wars, or Faction wars, or Sideplanet, or somthing. But as the months pass, they are slowly giving into alot of the things that made PS what it was, lattice was one of them. I just hope they start to add more of the things that made PS1- planetside.

Last edited by Qwan; 2013-06-05 at 12:59 PM.
Old 2013-06-05, 01:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Chaff
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

I got shit for this idea already. But I think adding two more factions (Empires) would shake things up.

The additional Empires would have to be very different. One could be very primal & animalistic. Future-primitive weapons. Bows, lazer swords, more explosives, masters of disguise, cloaking, and guerilla warfare. Perhaps the only Empire than can "climb". .... would ride animals instead of vehicles ?

2nd new Empire could be similar to something along the lines of the Bugs from Starship Troopers. An insect race. Giant beetles instead of MBT. Dragonflies instead of planes,....

The 4th Empire strategists need to be countered by the devs. It's a problem. The issue needs to be dealt with until they can curtail 80% of it. Professional Griefers are a huge part of this equation as well.

Last edited by Chaff; 2013-06-05 at 01:49 PM.
Old 2013-06-05, 08:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
BackzBanny
Private

Originally Posted by Chaff View Post

The additional Empires would have to be very different. One could be very primal & animalistic. Future-primitive weapons. Bows, lazer swords, more explosives, masters of disguise, cloaking, and guerilla warfare. Perhaps the only Empire than can "climb". .... would ride animals instead of vehicles ?

2nd new Empire could be similar to something along the lines of the Bugs from Starship Troopers. An insect race. Giant beetles instead of MBT. Dragonflies instead of planes,....

dafuq did i just read?
Old 2013-06-05, 08:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
moosepoop
Captain

increase xp bonus to underpopped by up to 200%. problem solved.
Old 2013-06-06, 01:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
Selerox
Sergeant

Originally Posted by martingee View Post
I think the damage is done, at least on Cobalt.

Despite the TR's favourable warpgate position on Indar we usually only have equal pop to the NC, occassionally outnumbering but not all that often. Saying that the population swings can be dramatic and for no apparent reason. The other night VS were at 41% something i've not seen in a while.

I can't remember what patch it was (GU02 iirc) but when a whole load of people switched to NC their new characters became their main and now, after a few months, aren't switching back. I started on Lithcorp and our merger with Cobalt seemed to help a little but ultimately i think people have ploughed money and time into their characters and the pops are 'fixed'.

I don't have any solutions, no one should be forced to play a particular empire in order to even the fight but as people have said, no one finds it fun to be facerolled time and time again.
I'd certainly agree about NC's population advantage. They've had it for a very, very long time, with VS and TR pretty much equal in population. Thankfully, the NC on Cobalt aren't exactly the best in the world, so that mitigates what could have been a far worse situation.

The 41% VS pop I think I saw as well, and that was only a post-alert thing. I think TR and NC numbers dropped off after the alert, whereas the VS players stuck around.
Old 2013-06-06, 05:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #43
BackzBanny
Private

Originally Posted by moosepoop View Post
increase xp bonus to underpopped by up to 200%. problem solved.
THAT'S a useful idea!

currently, you get a lousy 30% xp bonus while having to deal with 48% TR
(while being part of the 28% VS on that continent), which is not worth the pain when you already have +100% with your membership and alpha squad boost.

why is it so shitty to fight in those cases as part of the strongly underpopulated empire?

the nc in that case add another 24% pop, so it's basically a fight NC and VS against TR, as there is one TR soldier for every enemy. seeing that th NC and VS still have some fights between themselves, it's obvious that the TR can steamroll both of them.

any agreements between NC and VS not to fight each other in those cases and push united against the TR would be considerd "lame, unfair and pathetic" by the TR.

in the end this makes me leave the game at that point (i'm vanu), as i neither want to get slaughtered all the time just because of numbers nor want to feed xp to all those TRs. some weaker minded people then switch over to TR, amplyfing the problem.

the result is, the "fight" is shitty for both sides.

please consider that i didn't make up the numbers, they are taken from my server (miller) right now, at the time of this posting.
Old 2013-06-06, 07:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #44
Emperor Newt
Second Lieutenant

imho there are several reasons which make pop imbalance such a problem in PS2.

For one it's the xp bonus. 20-30% bonus xp doesn't make anyone change when you are outnumbere 2-3 to 1. In addition to that the overall underpopulated factions often already have problems populating more then one continent. With the inability to kick a faction of a continent the underpopulated faction will often find itself in a three-way (which in ps2 is a bad thing) and will even more people will abandon the continent.
And lattice doesn't change anything, you still have to hold your connections against both factions.

If they want to do something they need to increase the xp bonus and allow factions to not only be warpgated (which means nothing) but to actually be able to be kicked off a continent.
Old 2013-06-06, 11:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #45
typhaon
Sergeant Major

Here's your solution...

Legitimize the 4th faction. Make them mercenaries.

There would need to be some kind of "contract" system - where they are assigned to factions based on population as they log in... and well-rewarded for their success.

I'd like to see them as a separate class - with a uniquely potent and useful weapon/vehicle.

Mercenaries would never be able to control standard territory (I'm still imagining a sandbox continent someday!) themselves, as they'd always be fighting for one of the other empires.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion