Biolab got butchered (PTS) - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hacking at Tower Near You
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-10-24, 06:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Mordelicius
Major

Biolab got butchered (PTS)

I can't believe what they did to the Biolab.

- Long Defender Spawn Walk - Spawning in an instance>teleports to underside of the biolab> 2nd teleporter up again to a small spawn room. They want attackers and defenders having equal walk-spawn distance.

If the Generator goes out, vehicles will have a field day killing everyone coming in from the spawnroom to the Biolab underbelly, because the players have to walk across to the next teleporter to get up the Biolab proper.

- That small spawnroom is a Spawn Camp Festival. Players on the tree root, Balcony. Every choke points coming from the spawn room OPENS up to wide spaces where any attacker can literally stack DPS and obliterate anyone who dares walk through.

Essentially, attackers have superior vantage point in spawncontainment, since the exit points are visible from so many angles.

ZOE Max, Fracture Max, AI&AV Turrets, UBGL, Rocket Launchers, Lashers, Snipers. All you have to do is focus fire on the choke points and the defenders coming out will die a horrible death

That's not to mention LAs can go to the roof of the adjacent building while defenders don't even have an elevator of the spawn room, wow.

Lastly, those double bridge has complete vantage point of the central area. There's no way defenders can charge through those barriers with players from the bridge.

NC is pretty much screwed here when defending. We don't have a suppression fire Max for Mid-Long range, unlike other Maxes. All they have to do is pair Maxes with engie and spam from the bridge, from the balcony, from top of the stairs and from the doorways and supress movement.

Alot of the windows are shuttered too and balconies boarded up. The Attackers are basically getting funneled to the Spawn Room. Here's this small spawn room the back and the attackers are free to shoot that focal point from at least 180 degrees all over. LAs to the roof, UBGL, Sniper, Fractures, ZOE, RL, Lashers, the whole dps gamut just focus firing on that small area. .

The reason why the large Spawn Room was installed in the first place was due to chronic and undeniable spawn camping. Now it's gone again, welcome back spawn camping.

All in all, they simply don't want players to farm certs there. It further proves my contention in this thread: http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...ad.php?t=56506. Devs are trying to lower our cert gain (but at the cost of degraded gameplay). I'd rather have direct nerf to cert gain that an indirect one. At least we'll have a decent fight instead of 3-5 minute "epic" Biolab skirmish/spawn camping exercise.
Old 2013-10-24, 06:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Re: Biolab got butchered (PTS)

This just proves once again that returning was a bad idea. Intead of adding MORE defensible designs, they just removed the only base where defenders had advantage over attackers.

Congratulations developers, I am NOT returning to PlanetSide 2, despite my initial desire. And I'll keep telling everyone what a shit of a game it is. Every time you do something right, you feel some URGE to break something with that. No, I am done with that.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.

Last edited by NewSith; 2013-10-24 at 06:58 AM.
Old 2013-10-24, 07:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

I'm going to give it chance before condemning it, I've only had a brief limited look around it.
Old 2013-10-24, 07:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Yes, it might be a good idea to actually go look at it before jumping to conclusions.
I haven't been in one yet since they've changed it, but should be interesting to see what has changed.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2013-10-24, 07:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by DirtyBird View Post
I'm going to give it chance before condemning it, I've only had a brief limited look around it.
No offense, but... when you see somebody killing someone, do you also "give him a chance before condemning him, since you've only had a brief limited look at what's going on"?

Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2013-10-24, 07:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by NewSith View Post
No offense, but... when you see somebody killing someone, do you also "give him a chance before condemning him, since you've only had a brief limited look at what's going on"?
I pull out my iphone and take some footage.
Whats your point?

Old 2013-10-24, 07:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by NewSith View Post
What was the point of that? That's a rather loaded question don't you think?

Of course one should gain as much insight into something as possible, or as much as one deems objectively nessecary, before passing the final verdict.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2013-10-24, 07:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
PredatorFour
Major

To be fair this sounds horrendous. Whoever makes the design decisions for this game have been slowly ruining it since release. If it wasn't for community backlash's, this game would be in a much worse state than it is now.
Old 2013-10-24, 07:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

I'm just tired of being constructive. All constructiveness gets buried under tons of "finally no more pointless Biolab farms! GJ SOE!"

Old 2013-10-24, 07:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

What's the point in having defenders run so far, and through the vehicle bay to get to the spawn room exit. If the plan was to allow defenders to have more of a choice as to where to go then why not just have two teleporters: One going to the vehicle bay and the other going to the exit.

The current design is just going to get camped by Harassers and Sundies with diffusers.

Last edited by ChipMHazard; 2013-10-24 at 08:24 AM.
Old 2013-10-24, 07:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
ringring
Contributor
General

Well I stopped playing anyway.

If I was to return good bases would be one of the things that would do it, but this doesn't look like an improvement.

Of the main bases Bio Labs had the best fights. Of course local population ratios affected things so if the attackers didn't bring enough they got farmed and quite right too.
Old 2013-10-24, 08:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Calista
Second Lieutenant

What the heck? Do they seriously have those arrows painted on the walls and floors or was that someone's magical video effects?
Old 2013-10-24, 08:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
ringring
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Calista View Post
What the heck? Do they seriously have those arrows painted on the walls and floors or was that someone's magical video effects?
From memory those are in the Interlink on Hossin too.
Old 2013-10-24, 08:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Omnimon
Private

If anything gate diffuser certs on a harasser or sunderer will literally alter the tide of battle for the attackers . Don't even need to bring the gens down , just 4 players ( or even 2 ) will shut down a base defense for the majority of the defenders . If this goes in the majority of the PS2 bases ( save a few ) will be far more defendable then this base type .

This change will however lessen the impact of max crashes greatly. Of all the places to max crash this would be the base to do it ( in the current biolab incarnation ) . Now with the changes, save for some certain bases on esamir ( and even then just using overwhelming air power's more effective ), Max crashes would still affect the game, its just not a very good use of resources/manpower anymore .

Why even spend thousands of infantry resources ( that might or might not be successful in attacking/ defending ) when a cert investment + less then 1k vehicle resources would accomplish what would require an more organization / teamwork for the attackers to take over a major base ?

If these changes go through, defending bases will be discouraged even more . As it is playing on several servers , most of the fights don't even last beyond CS match / QL dueling time limitations even . ( most fights not counting spawn camping usually last 2-5 minutes tops if even that , usually shorter then your average CS match/map ) . Seems to be a far cry from what I've seen in PS1 fights , " fast food " really . Fights in most cases comes down to :

1) If the attackers can spawn camp the defenders faster versus :
2) the defenders who can abuse squad deploy / beacon mechanics to blow up a sunderer with mines/ C4 .

If the devs want the bases to mean something, these mechanics are just going to discourage defending and encourage more zerging . With all the pros there are for attacking, why even defend ? Frankly i'd rather them change spawn beacons / squad deploy instead of changing the base designs that favor vehicle spawn camping even more .

Last edited by Omnimon; 2013-10-24 at 08:21 AM.
Old 2013-10-24, 08:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Calista
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by ringring View Post
From memory those are in the Interlink on Hossin too.
I don't even know what to say about that. Kinda cheesy looking but I guess that helps new players or something? Would sort of indicate to me that maybe base design is a little too complex? I know from experience that things are far too scattered and cluttered but arrows telling me where to go? I guess next it will be like a hospital where you have colored coded lines on the walls and floors to direct you to various objectives?

Last edited by Calista; 2013-10-24 at 08:21 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion