PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Negative, I am a meat-popsicle.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > Community > Looking for Outfit

Old 2012-01-02, 06:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
SuperMorto
Lieutenant Colonel

Outfit Runners Needed for Planetside 247.

The Outfit Runner:

Please read and relay back to your outfit leaders if you would like to take part in Planetside 247's outfit wars.

The outfit runner is a member of the "outfit" and has the ability to stream content to us here at 247. We can involve 3 outfit runners (bit like reporters) who also have the ability to switch between chat channels during play, i can imagine every outfit will have somebody who would love to do this, but please choose wisely. The role of the outfit runner is simple. It is to relay as much information as possible back to us here at 247 during and outfit war, without jeopardizing the outfits main gaols. We need to keep it as entertaining as possible. It is entirely up to the person and outfit how much info they give away, but a general idea of things will do. Then 247 can swap between the channels TR/VS/NC relaying back to the viewer what is happening on all 2/3 sides, and thus the war will unfold.

This may sound complicated at first but with a little practice we can make this happen. Also with the outfit runner being part of the outfit, it means he will have good reason not to give to much away, but on the flip side the outfits will all want to look good on screen, so its a choice. I can imagine all the outfits will allow different amounts and different kinds of info to be relayed back to 247. But this is what this idea is all about (and yes it gets me excited), The world will be able to watch how all the different outfits do things, and I can imagine they will become idolised by fans as your Ouitfit, the stream, PS2 and 247 get bigger. Also we will openly promote that Outfits have thier own stream, allowing people to follow them as their own team.

Please show this to your outfit leaders.

Thank you,

Morto.

P.S. Please click the image below to be taken to our main site:
Old 2012-01-02, 10:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
SgtMAD
Captain

Re: Outfit Runners Needed for Planetside 247.

I have led Ht for the last 8 years and if I ever had anyone trying to stream what we are up to,I would kick that friggin idiot immediately
Old 2012-01-02, 12:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
SuperMorto
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by HtSgtMAD View Post
I have led Ht for the last 8 years and if I ever had anyone trying to stream what we are up to,I would kick that friggin idiot immediately

Shame. But thanks for the input.
Old 2012-01-02, 12:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Obviously some outfits may want to avoid giving anyone a look at their tactics up close, but for those who are merely concerned with the fact that someone may use the live info to gain an advantage over them, maybe there could be some way to delay their "live" broadcast by ten minutes, thirty minutes, an hour, etc.

Think of it like TV shows. Some stuff is broadcast live, but some stuff is broadcast live with a delay. Additionally, dramas and comedies and shows like that are filmed and edited well in advance, but you still get that "live" sort of feeling in the sense that they are being broadcast for the first time. PS247 could do something similar by playing some prerecorded and edited videos that people make and submit.

The 247 could end up being a combination of the fact that the channel will always be live, in addition to a portion of the content being truly live (or live with a delay).
Old 2012-01-02, 12:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
SuperMorto
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Xyntech View Post
Obviously some outfits may want to avoid giving anyone a look at their tactics up close, but for those who are merely concerned with the fact that someone may use the live info to gain an advantage over them, maybe there could be some way to delay their "live" broadcast by ten minutes, thirty minutes, an hour, etc.

Think of it like TV shows. Some stuff is broadcast live, but some stuff is broadcast live with a delay. Additionally, dramas and comedies and shows like that are filmed and edited well in advance, but you still get that "live" sort of feeling in the sense that they are being broadcast for the first time. PS247 could do something similar by playing some prerecorded and edited videos that people make and submit.

The 247 could end up being a combination of the fact that the channel will always be live, in addition to a portion of the content being truly live (or live with a delay).
Good point Xyntech, and i will look at this more closely, but this is such early days, and people think we are going to just stream everything there is to know about a gamer/outfit. Take SC2 for instance, when 2 gamers come together and one is streaming I can guarantee that they will stop watching (well 99% of the time) This is called good sportsmanship, and thats what I want to promote here, and thats why I asked for a member of the outfit to do this. Ok yes we wont get them all, infact we wont get many, but the ones that do will make for some gaming/entertainment history in my eyes. And also if your outfit isnt creative enough to do the same thing every time they play, well.... PS247 doesnt want to know anyway.

The fact that PS2 is MMO, makes things a little more complicated as well, and yes I can imagine we can set a good delay on all the channels. And as you say maybe re-stream previous battles that were recorded in 2/3 views. But as this idea is so new I cant say how it will play out, and for people to be contributing like the follow above ^^ (like not at all) it makes me think will any help or take part. Well to be fair im sure they will, and when "so called outfit" isnt on the stream then so be it, your fail not mine.

247 Outfit wars will happen and there are plenty more active outfits out there, and there will be many more (including my own) to take part once PS2 comes out. And please remember this is a game "and not real life"

And a good outfit is one that evolves with time and progresses with the game.

Last edited by SuperMorto; 2012-01-02 at 12:51 PM.
Old 2012-01-02, 12:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
SuperMorto
Lieutenant Colonel

Maybe we can get some of the smaller less know Outfits in on this?
Old 2012-01-02, 01:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
SuperMorto
Lieutenant Colonel

Ive just had the most fantastic idea of all! I love this new none smoking brain of mine!
Old 2012-01-03, 08:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Bittermen
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by SuperMorto View Post
I love this new none smoking brain of mine!
I'm trying to do the same.
Old 2012-01-04, 09:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
ShockFC
Master Sergeant

I do stream, and I did stream in PS1, but I won't ever stream for any sort of outfit wars for the reasons that sgtMAD stated. Same goes for members of my outfit during such events.
Old 2012-01-12, 05:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
SuperMorto
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by ShockFC View Post
I do stream, and I did stream in PS1, but I won't ever stream for any sort of outfit wars for the reasons that sgtMAD stated. Same goes for members of my outfit during such events.
Thats cool, we will find outfits willing to go for it, for the game and community.
Old 2012-01-12, 05:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
SteinB
Sergeant

The outfit I belong to is currently considering a streaming proposal in PS1. Our leadership has members that have the same concerns as those posted previously. Some like myself see the recruitment potential for getting more players interested in the game and finding outfits that suit them. A time delay on the broadcast may be necessary for some to be OK with this idea, and we would certainly have very strict rules on what our members broadcast. If we do decide to participate we'll have someone from the outfit contact you.
Old 2012-01-12, 06:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
SuperMorto
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by SteinB View Post
The outfit I belong to is currently considering a streaming proposal in PS1. Our leadership has members that have the same concerns as those posted previously. Some like myself see the recruitment potential for getting more players interested in the game and finding outfits that suit them. A time delay on the broadcast may be necessary for some to be OK with this idea, and we would certainly have very strict rules on what our members broadcast. If we do decide to participate we'll have someone from the outfit contact you.
Ive been putting alot of thought into this and I have come up with a theory.

Edit as I was posting I thought of this, lets change the name to empire wars, but eh outfits lead the empires through CR etc!!! <<< feedback for this please! (this will also show how fucking good this game is) including the stuff below!!

Your tactics are your tactics, we are asking for you to take part in a community based event nothing more, we do not want you to give anything outfit specific away. And we are slowly testing this, to see what will and will not work, there is more than one way to skin a cat and im slowly finding them.

But also remember, every empire can screen watch, there is no benefit to this in the overall picture, and unlike eSports, you have the support of your entire empire/other outfits in your empire and the people watching, who can just jump in game at any point, making this one of the most realistic war events ever, if you think about it, you have reinforcements as they watch it unfold. Remember this is a community event to make the game bigger and better in any way we can, not to hit the top score for streams.

The video below is a test run of 2 empires fighting over a main goal, yes we improvised and it was 1v1 over a tower (our first test on this), but this was small scale. But the reason i checked this is simple. Look at what the viewers of the stream do, they dont sit back and cheer or look in despair, they turned the game on and came in for the fight. This will happen in the Outfit Wars (on your own empire) and this takes me onto another point.

Because this is live in the PS1/2 world, who is to say you cant invite more outfits to help you out?, say we do get to the point we can give out some sort of prizes. Now lets say this is a (GTX 590) for example. Now if Outfit A,B,C are taking part in the outfit wars then only A,B,C can win the GCard. No matter who takes part/screen watches/

The outfit wars are not events as such, but the start of what could be massive events. And could be renamed War Starters/Creators (im just blasting ideas here nothing in stone)

THE VIDEO:

We are not talking Outfit VS outfit here, we are talking (Outfit leads empire VS Outfit leads empire) and in PS2 this could be 300 strong or more!!!! Your Outfit will be leading the empire, the whole empire on that server, now that is recognition for all your hard work, and the other outfits will have their turns, and then we turn this into a community event, once a week/TBC The way our streaming is currently working is, the main channel has all streams leading to it, and then each stream has its own ES channel, this gives the viewer the chance to watch from the point of any empire/outfit, or the main channel. Now lets say your Outfit is in this a full 30 men. Now you could split into 3/4 squads 1/2 platoons, you can also invite other people from the server regardless if they know its happening or not (there is no rule against this) Your outfit is leading the way for the whole server!

Ok and in no way can the Outfit runner relay the whole plan back to the stream, even if he sits on the map only his position is in view. Now if you go into this knowing the runner is vulnerable then treat him/her that way, and just pretend the the other outfit has a spy in your team (like in real war) you have to cope with this, and mange (but bare in mind you could have 50 folks screen watching or.......................you could have none) but you know who is giving the info away, so tell them to stand in a tower for a bit or so on and so on, you can protect your plans to the outside world, but managing your objective even with this burden will make for some fantastic entertainment in my eyes.

This has all been rattling around in my brain for days, thinking of ways around the problem. But what keeps coming back to me is, do we have a problem? What is the problem? 1 maybe 2 people on the stream sees your position and goes in for the kill? This would be unacceptable in an eSport, but this is not, this is an Empire War ran by the outfits of that empire! How fucking big could this get please?.......... Now bare in mind, we are talking PS1 here, when PS2 is our main stream, things may not be as bad, or they could be worse.

We do have to iron out any issues while we still have the time in PS1, so bite the bullet and give it a go, if you don't like it then give it up, you know as well as I do tactics will change with the game from week to week, so its not like the world will know your top secret information for more than a month if they do get their hands on it.

One thing you have to realise as well is this, I truly think we are opening new doors here. We are talking about a game (PS2) that the world has not seen the likes of before. There is only really PS, that comes close to what PS2 will be. this is new territory for yourselves and me and the streaming community nd the gaming world for that matter, but it is exciting I know for sure.

The Outfit/Empire wars are just a main highlight of what I want PS 247 to be. I want them to be the main attraction on the channel for entertainment and promotion of the game and "your outfits". If we get this right this can be massive. And rest assured I am working my balls of to make this happen, and to benefit everybody in the best way I can come up with.

Thank you,

Morto.

PS. that was a little longer than I thought it was going to be, but testing and helping each other means we can make this happen, we have to stick together as a PS community to make this game one of the biggest/if not the biggest the world has seen.

Thanks again!!!

Last edited by SuperMorto; 2012-01-12 at 07:29 PM.
Old 2012-01-12, 07:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
ShockFC
Master Sergeant

Look man, this idea is interesting, I'll give it that. I'll even bet you will get streamers and participating outfits in this community building you are looking to do. However, I'm going to just straight up tell you right now that you will never ever get the top outfits on any server to participate. No member is going to have to the time or the desire to want to stream and switch between chats and worry about that kind of stuff.

I know you want to imagine that every outfit will want to do something like this, but again - you're wrong. It is clear from your mechanics and play style even just in this simple video you did that you've never experienced PS1 at it's fullest and highest level. The most successful outfits in PS1 - the ones who got the most done whenever they wanted - were fast paced, small in number, and talented on a player to player level. Obviously I cannot comment on how the PS2 metagame is going to turn out, but according to your idealistic view on outfits streaming it's clear you're far behind it.

That said, this idea WILL appeal to the larger, more mass appeal large operations outfits designed around community building and outfit nights. I have no qualms with outfits like these, in fact I support them - it gets players to stick around and play. I'll even tune in to watch two large outfits battle over an open battlefield with tanks, aircraft, and infantry. I can see the appeal in that. What I'm saying is that you cannot have the best outfits on each empire - heck even numbers 2 and 3+ - do an outfit wars where they are required to stream. The metagame will just be too fast paced for that, and the outfits ahead of or at the peak of the metagame will be the elite, small scale, tight knit groups.

I don't mean to burst your bubble, but you have to be realistic with your goals. This can succeed, just set your demographics right.
Old 2012-01-13, 04:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
SuperMorto
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by ShockFC View Post
Look man, this idea is interesting, I'll give it that. I'll even bet you will get streamers and participating outfits in this community building you are looking to do. However, I'm going to just straight up tell you right now that you will never ever get the top outfits on any server to participate. No member is going to have to the time or the desire to want to stream and switch between chats and worry about that kind of stuff.

I know you want to imagine that every outfit will want to do something like this, but again - you're wrong. It is clear from your mechanics and play style even just in this simple video you did that you've never experienced PS1 at it's fullest and highest level. The most successful outfits in PS1 - the ones who got the most done whenever they wanted - were fast paced, small in number, and talented on a player to player level. Obviously I cannot comment on how the PS2 metagame is going to turn out, but according to your idealistic view on outfits streaming it's clear you're far behind it.

That said, this idea WILL appeal to the larger, more mass appeal large operations outfits designed around community building and outfit nights. I have no qualms with outfits like these, in fact I support them - it gets players to stick around and play. I'll even tune in to watch two large outfits battle over an open battlefield with tanks, aircraft, and infantry. I can see the appeal in that. What I'm saying is that you cannot have the best outfits on each empire - heck even numbers 2 and 3+ - do an outfit wars where they are required to stream. The metagame will just be too fast paced for that, and the outfits ahead of or at the peak of the metagame will be the elite, small scale, tight knit groups.

I don't mean to burst your bubble, but you have to be realistic with your goals. This can succeed, just set your demographics right.

Ahhh Shock,

You see the super duper mega elite outfits you speak about in the text above?, they are going to find it pretty dam hard "not" to take part, or even not to stream for that matter. You see, its the year 2012, there are more up loaders to YouTube than ever before, there are faster PC's and internet connections, and more people have fraps running 100% of the time, and also a whole host of sites like TwitchTV etc,

Now put it like this:

How many servers will their be? Lets say there are 5 when PS2 is released.

Now we have 3 empires on each server. This totals to only 15 hidden empire's information that could be streamed to the internet. Now If I get 15 people together we could stream live feeds from every empire on every server and all at the same time, making the whole entire game wide open to the internet and also a part of 247 and also open to third party viewers now was that hard?, to infiltrate the entire game in less than 5 mins??? No it wasn't, so tell your outfits to get ready for it, as there will be many streaming, I can tell you that much. Now PS247 will never do this, but do you really think there will be a max of 15 people or less streaming this game? Come on man, if PS2 is half as good as PS, we will have 100's streaming, trying to get a slice of the action.

The point I am trying to make here is, I think there will be many more streamers when the game is released, and remember this isn't 2003, and this is not Planetside 1!! This is why Planetside 2 is changing so much (F2P) etc, the world has moved on and now its time for the 8/9/10 year old Outfits to move on, they will have to come to terms with people streaming and empire specific information getting to the internet in seconds, it will be a big part of the game.

Now this is one of the other reasons I'm starting 247, so we can all get together and work things out when it come to streaming, the outfits and elite teams will have to deal with it, and how would you know if a squad member isn't streaming to the internet? You cant and you wont know. So stop being so "secretive about outfits taking part" and get stuck in, we have a window of opportunity here "including pre beta release" to get this streaming thing by the balls and make something good/iron out as many issues as we can.

Its not a matter of who will take part Shock, it a matter of who will willingly take part?

Now onto another point you so clearly make:

"you've never experienced PS1 at it's fullest and highest level"

Because of the video above? I was part of ISK when the game was first released, then I moved onto other outfits, we would run every day/night playing the game at a very fast pace, but we never forgot to have fun, we never went into the eliteness that you talk about. That's not what I bought the game for and I think you will find I was always a vehicles man, I was good at doing what the Sq leader asked, this is the way I liked to play and I was very good at it. So I experienced the game in the the best fashion I could from my point of view. And you cant argue with that

And my goal is simple, to make a streaming channel that has some action and good 247 content. Along with promoting the game and the good/elite outfits that run the show.

Nothing more.

Morto.

PS. I think your wrong btw and also there is more than one way to hide the streams/set a delay.

Last edited by SuperMorto; 2012-01-13 at 04:13 AM.
Old 2012-01-13, 05:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
sylphaen
Lieutenant Colonel

I don't think Shock is trying to burst your bubble or anything similar. He was just explaining why he thinks it would be hard to get small tight-knit outfits with very good players with you streaming.

Of course you may get a lot of outfits to participate in your show once PS2 gets nice pops. Just maybe not the leetfits for reasons he mentionned.

Plus, it would kinda like watching a squad so the watcher would not get the vision of the true scale of PS with them anyways.

Edit: just to make sure it's clear: I appreciate your efforts and I think that Shock does too from the length of his post. Take it or leave but he was just trying to explain his opinion.

The delay idea from Xyn is a nice one btw

Edit2: another idea: since a lot of people will be streaming, why not create a standard format for streaming and collect the participation of people on some website ? I mean, like a central source for streams or recorded videos ? That could work too.

Last edited by sylphaen; 2012-01-13 at 05:16 AM.

PlanetSide Universe > Community > Looking for Outfit