Honors American Lit B+
Studio Art A+
Hon Algebra II/Trig B
Spanish V-S B+
Life Management Skills A+
Honors Biology B
U.S. History A+
Church Hist./Sacraments B+

Course numbers, unnecessary info, and teacher names omitted.

Looks like I won't be getting grounded, and those Bs in Biology and Algebra II were a fucking long shot, I don't know how I got them...
The gun katas. Through analysis of thousands of recorded gunfights, the Cleric has determined that the geometric distribution of antagonists in any gun battle is a statistically predictable element. The gun kata treats the gun as a total weapon, each fluid position representing a maximum kill zone, inflicting maximum damage on the maximum number of opponents while keeping the defender clear of the statistically traditional trajectories of return fire. By the rote mastery of this art, your firing efficiency will rise by no less than 120%. The difference of a 63% increase to lethal proficiency makes the master of the gun katas an adversary not to be taken lightly.
Old 2003-09-29, 07:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Brigadier General

Misc Info

I've always gotten good grades. Thing is they come easy to me at least until now. I never really studied or anything and I've never gotten anything lower then one C+. So I won't be getting grounded either. And I've never gotten grounded for any reason.
Old 2003-09-30, 01:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Irenicuz
Staff Sergeant

Good job.
Old 2003-09-30, 02:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
NightWalker XI
Colonel

Church History....wow, now theres one lesson I would NOT wanna do....
Old 2003-09-30, 08:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
TekDragon
Contributor

Studio Art A+
Wtf?

Life Management Skills A+
WTF?!

Church Hist./Sacraments B+
WTFS GOD DAMNIT?!?!

If I found out my kid was taking these classes i'd beat his ass raw. Wtf'ing hell are you going to do with a solid education in 'Studio Art'? Or 'Life Management Skills', wtf is that?! They teach you how to flush the toilet after you go poo? No thank you. My mom and dad taught me when i was 2.

Don't even get me started on Curch History / Sacraments. What's next? Analysis and Debate on Dr Suess and Grimm's Fairy Tales?

I sure hope your doing independent studies at your local library. It looks like the only things your school is preparing you to be is either:

1. An artist
2. A dumb ass

Oops, i just realized those are both the same thing. My bad.
Old 2003-09-30, 09:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
TheRagingGerbil
Contributor
Major

Wow Tek, not enough coffee this morning?

There is nothing wrong with being an artist. My Aunt is an artist and she makes way more money then I do and works half as hard (btw, I'm an engineer for an aerospace company). Don't put down someone for doing something they enjoy...especially if it is something that they can make a living at.

Can you imagine a world without the great works of Michelangelo, Picasso, or Da Vinci. How about Clouet or Van Dyke? Have you ever read any of Hemmingway�s work? What about a little Dickinson, Poe, or even Shakespeare. Every single one of those people are artist of some kind or another. Them, along with all the great artist of the world, are still a vital part of the society of today and that to come. They inspire all aspects of life, even those of modern engineers, architects, scientists,...the list could go on forever.

I truly hope that your words are not your true feelings. If they are, then you have my sincerest condolences. I am truly thankful that people of your mindset are so few in the world, because a world without artist wouldn�t be much of a world at all.
Old 2003-09-30, 09:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
TekDragon
Contributor

Ok, i apologize. I do have respect for GOOD artists.

However, i'm getting sick and god damn tired of all this BS new-age neo-impresionism crap. If I wanted to look at a canvas that looks like someone threw a cup of pink paint on it and called it "A bunny" i'd ask my 3 yr old neice.

Likewise I have respect for authors, most authors. Even if the novel doesn't sell well I give props for writing it so long as it wasn't TOO much of a rip-off of someone else's stuff.

It just seems to me that liberal arts colleges are spending too much time teaching their student's how to be arrogant, shallow pricks (like the french) and less time teaching them how to actually express themselves in a way that anyone gives a shit about.
Old 2003-09-30, 09:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Everay
Major General

what areospace company do you work at gerbil?

and i could understand all those classes, execpt the church history one, im gonna buy a book within the month about church history, about the atrocities the church has commited, and i want to know, what do they teach you in that class?
Old 2003-09-30, 10:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Mtx
The Mensa Troll

Good job.

*pats him on the back*

Now go make the customer a #2 supersized with a coke.

Last edited by Mtx; 2003-09-30 at 11:25 AM.
Old 2003-09-30, 11:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
TheRagingGerbil
Contributor
Major

Everay,

The company I work for is a major contributor to virtually every model of Boeing airplane in current production. The range of applications served include sophisticated hardware associated with the Environmental Control, Engine Build-up, Anti-icing and APU Exhaust Systems; Plugs and Nozzles for the primary engines; doorway Scuff Plates; and plumbing for Vacuum Waste Systems.

We specialize in the super alloys including Beta 21S, 15-3-3-3, 6AL-4V, 3AI-2.5V, A40, A55 and A70 Titanium; Nickel Alloys 718, 625 and 600; Haynes 230 and 188; Hastalloy; and Columbium, Waspalloy, and 300/400 series stainless steel.

In addition to the Boeing family of commercial aircraft, we provide components across the industry including the Apache, Trent 800, V-22, F117, and F135 exhaust systems. Air supply ducting systems are supplied to the F117, PW4168, PW4000, PW6000, F135, and Airbus A380. Flexible pneumatic ducting systems incorporating various types and degrees of ball, socket, and gimbal joints are supplied to the A330/A340, PW6000, and PWC307A. Vacuum waste systems are supplied for the A320 program and the Gulfstream GIV and GV.
Old 2003-09-30, 11:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Everay
Major General

i see, so your contracted by boeing to build parts of the craft. cool
Old 2003-09-30, 02:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
firecrackerNC
Colonel

English 9a F
Science 10a B
English 10a F
History 10a A
Gym A

happy? english suks,i dont no why i need too take english,stupidest class ever,to much righting and stuff
Old 2003-09-30, 02:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
WickedDeus
Sergeant Major

Work C
Drink B
TV A
Games A+
Sex A++
Life B

Old 2003-09-30, 02:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
GonePostal
Lieutenant Colonel

my grades are half decent since i quit blazing but eh

and i know its flaming but haha teks right dude
Old 2003-09-30, 02:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
BUGGER�GHO�T
Major

science-B
Algebra I-b-
english-b+
History-A
Gym-B
Tech-A+

eh, middle skool sux.

Originally posted by WickedDeus
Sex A++
Oh i got that grade too, you think we will go to the honor classes?
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge