Anyone else like to have more small objects/structures/terrain to use for cover? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Welcome to the house o' love!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-05-28, 02:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
subDii
Private

Question Anyone else like to have more small objects/structures/terrain to use for cover?

The more I try out Indar rush lanes, I feel that these massive choke point battles can have a lot more depth in terms of tactics if there was more options to advance and defend from small arms fire through cover of objects/structures/terrain.

edit: And before someone says, "Well sub, you realise Indar is a desolate desert?" I say to you, more options for cover can be added as is limited by the devs creativity.

While some areas obviously warrant being vast empty death fields - there are many others that do not, and battles can be made a lot more interesting with additional options to advance and defend from cover.

Last edited by subDii; 2013-05-28 at 02:38 PM.
Old 2013-05-28, 02:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Re: Anyone else like to have more small objects/structures/terrain to use for cover?

Yeah actually we could use some stuff to help flesh out these fights.
-concertina wire
-trenches and fox holes
-concrete bunkers
-vehicle debris that lasts a minute
-craters from large explosions

Theres a lot of other stuff they could add to create better immersion and cover for defenders and attackers.
Old 2013-05-28, 02:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
psijaka
Contributor
Major

Re: Anyone else like to have more small objects/structures/terrain to use for cover?

YES PLEASE.

More scrubland and boulders in gulleys etc would be appropriate on Indar, as well as the above. But leave some areas open; variety is the spice of life.
Old 2013-05-28, 03:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Shogun
Contributor
General

what happened to the engineer deployable shieldcover the devs talked about prior to techtest?

is this still in the making or has the idea gone the way of the vanu?

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2013-05-28, 03:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Whiteagle
Major

Actually, Northern Indar is surprisingly good at this, with the dunes, slacks, gullies, and ridges creating natural longitudinal trench lines...

But for every piece of open ground that can't be fixed with Coral and Rock formations, there are TREES!

Seriously, one of the big things I noticed about the Original was how thickly wooded the Forests were between Bases, enough that they are a viable option for cover to move up with.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion