Gameplay: "Mission Chat" - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: A better friend than the bottle.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 4.86 average. Display Modes
Old 2011-07-14, 09:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Bags
Lieutenant General

"Mission Chat"

Posting Basti's idea so it's seen:

It has been mentioned already that the system is allowing you to issue missions for your squad, platoon and empire. And apperently also Multiple, selected platoons.

But it needs to be able to issue missions from the very basic level (defend this, attack that) to a very very detailed level (grab tanks there, form up there, follow this guy there, there and there).

Just got an idea while writing this post: What about allowing the guy who issued the mission to talk to everyone that accepted it? Would just be like /comxy, but only for those who want to have it at that time. In addition, give those who are leaders and deep enough into the skill tree the ability to talk with each other, means just like /c is these days for the different command ranks. Means Squad leaders would have a chat, Platoon leaders would have one, and continental leaders would have one. This allows coordinations between those groups, and allows people to issue missions that work together with everyone else. For example, Basti issues a mission to form up a Tank raid at some base, allowing Basti to lead everyone who accepts this mission, giving the tank raid the ability to be useful. At the same time, Basti and leff are talking to each other how they could use the tank raid for the empires benefit, and Leff starts a Mission to attack a certain Territory. Now Basti is being the distraction with his tank raid, binding alot of of enemys away from Leffs target. Leff now has the possibility to take his target. While Leff is just holding the target, situation changes, the enemy retreats to attack Leffs troops, Leff informs basti that he is under heavy attack, and Basti can easily lead his Tank raid to support leff.

Holy crap. If im not mistaken, that would actually solve the global Spam completly (only one leader for a mission, and only those part of the mission see the leader talking) and adding alot of abilitys to the leaders while adding reasons (ressource rewards or whatever) to follow orders for those who acccept the mission.
The only issue that is left would be some tart training up his leader skill tree just to annoy everyone else in there, means /c spam. But i guess that could be dealt with /ignore easily, such a guy would propably need a month to be able to talk in /c again.

Comments?
http://www.planetside-universe.com/f...3&postcount=17

I really like the idea of "commanders" who issue missions being able to "comall" only to those who accept the missions.
Old 2011-07-14, 09:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Tool
Master Sergeant

Re: "Mission Chat"

I like this, anything to encourage coordination and ease of communication between cooperating parties is a great thing if implemented properly.
Old 2011-07-15, 01:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Grimster
First Lieutenant

This is a great idea.
Old 2011-07-15, 01:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Traak
Colonel

Yes, and only being able to OS an enemy who has submitted to sign up as the official opposition to your mission.
Old 2011-07-15, 04:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Thief!
Wait afew hours till im home, mind recently exploded with ideas.
Old 2011-07-18, 04:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Raymac
Brigadier General

I said it in the original thread, but I'll repeat it here. If this is not something the devs are already working, then they need to start working on it now. This should be in the game at launch. Brilliant idea.
Old 2011-07-18, 05:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Death2All
Major

Misc Info

I like how squads/platoons seem much larger this time around. I also like how theres on emphasis on letting those who actually want to command being the ones who do so, rather than having every swinging dick get CR5 and global like a moron. This idea sounds great and really sounds like it makes being a squad leader an actual role instead of a position you assume to get CEP. Do it, I say!
Old 2011-07-18, 08:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Traak
Colonel

. moved to new topic

Last edited by Traak; 2011-07-20 at 11:44 PM.
Old 2011-07-25, 05:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
DviddLeff
Lieutenant Colonel

Looks good to me; I would also like to see Companies as an organisational structure.

You would get the company leaders giving or receiving out the broad plans, platoon leaders more focused missions and squad leaders accepting detailed tasks.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault