News: SOE Changes Premium Plan [Updates from Smed] - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: You wish it was for dinner.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2014-01-03, 05:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

SOE Changes Premium Plan [Updates from Smed]

link doesnt work follow from log in screen

Instead of getting 500 free SOE cash each month they will instead let us have 1 free item worth 2000 SOE each month.

This is NOT an improvement, this is not a good deal for the majority of customers - its just a way to give us less station cash than we originally signed up for.

I was happy to be paying my monthly fee to support the game - but this is just greed on SOEs part. Can we get out money back if we are in the middle of a 6 month or yearly sub?

EDIT:

There have been several updates since initial posting:

http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...d.php?p=952985

And finally a change similar to the original:

http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...d.php?p=952999

Last edited by Hamma; 2014-01-06 at 09:51 PM.
Old 2014-01-03, 05:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
almalino
First Sergeant

Re: SOE changes Premium plan and blatently rips off existing Premium members

Instead 500 in cash you get an item of your choice that cost 2000 (500x4) in cash? Do I get this right?
Old 2014-01-03, 05:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Redshift
Major

Originally Posted by almalino View Post
Instead 500 in cash you get an item of your choice that cost 2000 (500x4) in cash? Do I get this right?
And what if you want to buy something that costs 125? you know like the sales....
Old 2014-01-03, 06:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
JesNC
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Redshift View Post
And what if you want to buy something that costs 125? you know like the sales....
Then grab some SC

For me, this change feels great. No more pitiful amounts of SC on some weird recurring membership model, just simply grab whatever you want from the shop once a month.
Old 2014-01-03, 06:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Redshift
Major

Well except it's not, because you're not allowed to get player made stuff, so that's 90% of the new stuff, you can bet they won't let you buy the gold/black weapons, so the 2000 is a bit of a smokescreen, you'll be spending 1000 max most of the time.

As mentioned before it also pretty much invalidates your membership sale. The only people this will be good for is people that dump loads into SC anyway, and those people have more money than sense so it'll mean little to them.

If you're happy with it then that's great, but don't be under any illusion that this is an improvement designed to enhance players gameplay experience, it's a straight up money grab by SOE.
Old 2014-01-03, 06:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
pungentstentch
Private

Then, what's the catch right now to be a member at that price? It wasn't very generous before. And I just paid my membership again....

Enviado desde mi GT-N7000 mediante Tapatalk
Old 2014-01-03, 06:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Redshift
Major

The problem with membership is it scales backwards with the time you have it for, i've had it long enough to unlock pretty much all i want, once this change goes through the only useful bit of it for me will be the resource bonus. I bought a years worth about 11 months ago, i'm not sure it'll be worth a resub now.
Old 2014-01-03, 07:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Eggy
Sergeant

Originally Posted by JesNC View Post
Then grab some SC

For me, this change feels great. No more pitiful amounts of SC on some weird recurring membership model, just simply grab whatever you want from the shop once a month.
Except for the part that player studio items and bundles, and "some" items will be excluded.
"Free To Play, Your Way" means that all I spend my SC on is cosmetics. In the last few months, most of these haved been player studio.

Also its a use it or loose it deal, once a month. So Im going to end up with tonnes of stuff I never use.

What about saving the current 500 SC for a few months so you can buy a 1000 SC item.

I literaly just re subbed for 6 months, there was no indication this was going to happen and for me the deal is no longer worth it.

As a long term player who allready has all the guns they want, and I am sat on certs I dont use there are zero reasons to sub.

Resources are never a problem if you play sensibly.
Queue priority is rarely an issue with the ever decreasing player numbers.
Now you cant choose to spend MY Station Cash on what you want.

The sub price needs to be reduced by 50%.
It should include acces to member sales, resource boost (when we get a new resource system) and queue priority. Thats it.

Last edited by Eggy; 2014-01-03 at 07:14 AM.
Old 2014-01-03, 07:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Sturmhardt
Contributor
Major

I guess you have the right to terminate your membership right away due to these changes. Like with all contracts, if one party changes something withing that contract, the other party immediately gets the right to terminate the contract. So if you suddenly feel like membership under the new conditions is not the right thing for you, you can write an Email saying exactly that to SOE support and hopefully quit.
Old 2014-01-03, 07:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Dodgy Commando
Staff Sergeant

Glad I cancelled my membership just before this change. I'd much rather have the option to spend my SC how I want on the entire store than this.

Good for newer players I suppose (for a time).
Old 2014-01-03, 07:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
HereticusXZ
First Sergeant

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...ership.166053/

We regularly evaluate our offerings at SOE to ensure we are consistently delivering great games and products, while also offering exceptional value to our players. Given that we just started a new year it seemed like the perfect time to add more value!

The week of February 3rd, 2014 we will be making a very important change to the Premium Membership level in PlanetSide 2. The current benefit of receiving 500 Station Cash (SC) monthly will be replaced with a new program that allows you to select one single item valued up to 2000 SC each month. Nearly all items within the games’ Marketplace will be available for this selection. Players Studio, bundles and additional exclusions may apply. This new benefit must be claimed each month that you are a member as it will not carry over to subsequent months.

We appreciate our customers, especially our valued members, and therefore are excited to bring you this additional value.

Thank you for your continued support and we look forward to seeing you in game soon.

Best,

Sony Online Entertainment

Last edited by Hamma; 2014-01-03 at 09:16 AM.
Old 2014-01-03, 07:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
HereticusXZ
First Sergeant

At this point only the Player Studio stuff has been worth my attention, if I can't buy that then what good is this subscription stuff?

Increased XP and by proxy of that increased Resource gain and You get to cut in line during a Que....

Well the XP can be gained with cheaper Boosts and the Resources are going away with the Resource Revamp system that's in the works...

So what good is subscribing? Dodging ques?
Old 2014-01-03, 07:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
synkrotron
First Sergeant

Misc Info

I must admit that I'm a bit disappointed with this change. In any other business, contracts cannot be changed like this.

I don't want to cancel because I want my 48 certs per day. And I would rather have had a constant 500SC per month and then spend that as I see fit.

Anyway... will just have to see how this pans out...
Old 2014-01-03, 08:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

I reckon subs overall have probably tanked and this is to try and draw in some of those new players to purchase a sub.
I see the greatest benefit of this new plan being for new players.

The 500SC was good to save up for when something decent was released or on sale.
With certs aplenty you dont waste SC on weapons.

The only other reason I have a membership is the resource bonus.
I'm not looking forward to the day they "revamp" resources and make all those banked boosts useless.
Old 2014-01-03, 08:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
capiqu
Contributor
First Lieutenant

I have debated if I should state here that I will not resubscribe. I do not want to sound negative about the game or Soe. However I also feel that if nothing is said, than the game may continue in a direction that will make more and more players dissatisfied.
I have kept a full continues subscription of Planetside and Planetside2 since 2003. However quite frankly I am tired of fighting over and over on Indar. Reason being that Esamir and Amerish do not have as big populations. I have been waiting for intercontinental play but it's been over a year and nothing. Hell not even the roadmap is active anymore.
I know they said that the Road Map will come back up shortly. I hope that is true because many players are losing interest. Do not take your loyal customers for granted. Anyway you guys are business people you know what needs to be done.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion