MAX Turn Penalty - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Fo Shizzle
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-02-26, 09:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by BadAsh
How is adjusting your mouse sensativity side stepping the rules? It's a freaking crontrol option that is freely selectable by anyone! Some people prefer faster movements and some prefer slower mouse speeds for more control... It's a freaking preferance setting. By the same logic am I cheap for flying in a Reaver or walking as infantry with my sensativity cranked all the way up?
That's a horrible comparison, Ash. There is a reason that the MAX suits turn slower than any other armor. It's designed that way, it's horrifically slow to turn because you're in a giant suit of armor. People are going out of their way to tweak the sensitivity only when they're in a MAX. It's getting around the way the suit was designed, nothing more and nothing less. The fact that it's getting dev attention obviously shows they know it's sidestepping the rules.
Old 2004-02-26, 10:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Madcow
That's a horrible comparison, Ash. There is a reason that the MAX suits turn slower than any other armor. It's designed that way, it's horrifically slow to turn because you're in a giant suit of armor. People are going out of their way to tweak the sensitivity only when they're in a MAX. It's getting around the way the suit was designed, nothing more and nothing less. The fact that it's getting dev attention obviously shows they know it's sidestepping the rules.
How is that a bad comparison? I can turn my reaver faster than someone with a lower sensitivity setting, I can turn my grunt faster than soneone with a lower sensitivity, and I can turn my MAX faster than someone with a lower sensitivity. However, my MAX turning ability is STILL slower cranked all the way up than my infantry turning ability.

I'm still not seeing the problem.
Old 2004-02-27, 08:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by BadAsh
How is that a bad comparison? I can turn my reaver faster than someone with a lower sensitivity setting, I can turn my grunt faster than soneone with a lower sensitivity, and I can turn my MAX faster than someone with a lower sensitivity. However, my MAX turning ability is STILL slower cranked all the way up than my infantry turning ability.

I'm still not seeing the problem.
If you can't see the issue with people tweaking their sensitivity only in a MAX suit, then it's obviously not worth both of us continuing the discussion. Apparently the devs are just insane.
Old 2004-02-27, 08:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
killerpea
Private

maxes are just fine as they are if you know what to use against each type of max

i mainly focus on AA just go up with a thumper or rocklet and you own if you keep moving its hard against nc sparrow but the vs one can only hurt you in dirrect hits same with the tr
Old 2004-02-27, 08:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Acaila
First Lieutenant

I thought the only restriction on MAX turning was rotation speed. If having sensitivity all the way up doesn't exceed the rotation speed, I don't see how it is an exploit or whatever.
Old 2004-02-27, 09:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Mango
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by TheN00b
Mango, I had a BANK too .
Heh i guess he just sucked
Old 2004-02-27, 10:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
FireWolf22
Sergeant

Okay lets solve this problem. Lets take the adjustment out. The devs set the mouse sensitivity for everything and leave it there. Easy finished. Now you can't make your air vehicles turn faster, your vehicle or phalanx turret turn faster, your max turn faster, your infantry turn faster your sniper steadier and turn slower. We have balanced the issue all the way around the board. Even, enough.

Also ash I see what you are talking about. It's personnel preference on how your mouse sensitivity is set and taking that away will fix it.
Old 2004-02-27, 10:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by KIAsan
Geez, of all the things to worry about, they pick this one??? Come on devs, if you were going to make everything go back to it's original design intention, you would go back to beta. Why worry about a problem that DOSEN'T exist? It's not like we have seen a bunch of complaint threads about how maxs are turning too fast.
:indeed: and Agreed.

Old 2004-02-27, 02:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
flypengy
Master Sergeant

Maxes are a joke, I never worry when I see one because a deci is godly compared to them. If anything they need to buff maxes, not screw them more.
Old 2004-02-27, 02:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Kayith
Private

When you do the cabbage patch as a MAX, you should be able to deflect bullets with your arms
Old 2004-02-27, 02:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Fenrys
Major

I play with the mouse sensitivity at 100% no matter what I'm doing (grunt, max, or pilot), and its WAY to slow for everything but flying. In single-player FPS's I keep it set so high I can do a 360 without lifting the mouse.

If someone likes turning slower as a grunt and this lets them maintain the same turning speed in a MAX, I say it's no big deal. I'll pwn them in grunt v. grunt duel and be on even terms for a MAX v. MAX showdown.

The players increasing their mouse sensitivity when they get in a MAX are not abusing or exploiting anything. They are undoing a self-imposed nerf.

When it comes to the circle-strafe dance of death, whoever twitches the fastest wins. The players that are NOT cranking up their sensitivity all the way when not in a MAX are already at a disadvantage. Boosting it for a particular suit of armor just evens the playing field.

Last edited by Fenrys; 2004-02-27 at 02:41 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion