How many people use the special assault weapons ? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: the best way to procrastinate.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-04-16, 12:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
brigoon
Private

How many people use the special assault weapons ?

Hey all,

My question is how many people have the special assault cert ? and is it worth taking ? I was wondering, since i've been reading that Tower fights are realy hard and messy & that general base fights seem(to me anyway) to swing realy fast one way or another depending on who has the most Max's or Stealthers sneaking in. The weapons listed as special assault seem realy good and clearing out large groups of bad guys very fast or for clearing a room if your not sure if there are stealthers or not
Old 2003-04-16, 01:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
orogogus
Private

I use it. It's pretty effective. The decimator is basically only really good at doing one thing- killing maxes inside. It does this very, very, very effectively.

TR CG is very good at CQB as well, as is the sweeper (med assault).

Thumper is situation and pretty good, but easy to rack up grief with unfortunately.

Rocklet I find so-so. Not great, but not horrible. Kinda bland really so I don't use it much.

Think I'm going to switch to AV cert though because the Striker is much better equipped to take out a variety of targets where the decimator is not (I got owned last night by air units because of this).
Old 2003-04-16, 01:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
LesserShade
Contributor
Major

I originally used the special weapon cert and I thought it was a waste of 3 points. After a character wipe I got AV and I love it. However, my current character has AV and Special now because the plasma grenades seem to do way more damage now. I'm pretty happy with it. The thumper is great for dealing with groups of people or weakening targets up, but it is pretty easy to get grief with. The rocklet launcher is somewhat lame, but I really need to play with it some more. The decimator on the other hand is sweet. Yes you can use the striker inside bases against MAX, but getting 4 shots off and having to reload while being chased by a VS or NC AI = you being dead real fast. The decimator packs a huge punch and is great for taking on MAX inside.
Old 2003-04-16, 01:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Knuckles
Staff Sergeant

A lil' question on the thumper:

- How good are Jammers on vehicles (Vanguards for instance)?

If they are effective (i.e. leaving the target incapacitated) that would mean that they would be an easy, and quite dead target...

(If this is the case it would be a mistake not to have at least 1 thumper in Your force.)
Old 2003-04-16, 03:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Hellsfire123
Contributor
Captain

Jammer grenades are good for something? I havent noticed. Tried it on a spitfire, and got killed, tried it on a cloaker,had to shoot him, id try it on a vech if it was possible to throw the grenades farther then you can spit, but its isnt(atleast not with accuracy) and by the time you can hit the vech they've pretty much run you over anyway.

They seem to work on mines though, as someone keep destroying mine and i never got exp...
Old 2003-04-16, 03:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
LesserShade
Contributor
Major

jammers will reset someone's implant timers so they are disabled just like they respawned. Throw one on a guy using darklight and he can't use it anymore
Old 2003-04-16, 03:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Knuckles
Staff Sergeant

... Uh - huh?

That pretty much kills the usefullness of the Thumper, doesn't it?

(Back to the drawing board.)
Old 2003-04-16, 03:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
LesserShade
Contributor
Major

Yeah, but the thumper ALSO has those frag and plasma grenades, the plasma really do rock.

Last edited by LesserShade; 2003-04-16 at 03:37 PM.
Old 2003-04-16, 03:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Knuckles
Staff Sergeant

(I'm trying to hide the fact that I'm starting to get difficult and quite obsessive here... but never mind! )

To me the plasma grenades (or "plamsa" as You wrote it - I like that 'ring' better ) sounds more like something that would be handy to use indoors - i.e. throwing the damn thing by hand.

- How good is the "plamsa" grenade compared to the "frogmentation" one?

... On, for example, MAX:s and other armored targets?
Old 2003-04-16, 03:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
LesserShade
Contributor
Major

you suck......

Well the plaSMa grenades work great on armor. They are really fun because they deal damage over a short period of time, like a poison.
They seem to damage MAX alright, I'll have to play around with it some more against them. I've gotten max kills with the thumper, but the decimator and striker are much better at it. I'm still not entirely sure what the rocklet launcher excels at however.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion