Unda Water continent idea - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Damn Communist
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-11-07, 03:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
6thEdition
Ejaculator

Originally posted by Lartnev
Underwater would be difficult to do though.
If you ask me the only difference between the two is the colour of water and the colour of space.

Originally Posted by internetn

Well I guess your right but, the only way people will except the change is if there some rhyme or reason to go to that new place.. I.E. Hardly anyone went to the caves but when they needed to go so they didn't get squashed by BFR's they were flocking to em, and the battle islands were fun for the first few months or so but after that thier more of pain to get to than anything.
Ahh you got me there. Well I think the caves are so unvisited for a few reasons
>The layout (my opinion here) is just horrible for battling - complex, all smallish.
>Need the cc expansion.
>On the global map, they're all bundled up there in the corner.
>its a hassle goin onto a cont to get to a geowarp to get into the caverns
>Can't HART in.

So if an underwater cont was to be made, the devs wud just need to avoid any of those bad thingies. They could also do sumthin like the BFR imprinting thingy, or have monolyths hidden around da place for xp, but chances are once every players sucked all that stuff out the cont it will be unvisited.. Well its really up to how 'cool' and 'rad' the cont is.
Old 2004-11-07, 05:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Sabinius
First Sergeant

post it in idea lab

If you push hard enough, it'll fit.
Old 2004-11-07, 05:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Sabinius
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by internetn
Well I guess your right but, the only way people will except the change is if there some rhyme or reason to go to that new place.. I.E. Hardly anyone went to the caves but when they needed to go so they didn't get squashed by BFR's they were flocking to em, and the battle islands were fun for the first few months or so but after that thier more of pain to get to than anything.
The only reason people didnt go to to the caves is because there just too complicated and annoying. Mostly because the lag. The devs tried way to hard to make a fun palce, but failed miserably with the caves. There jsust annoying and laggy. And the battle islands, there just small.. and the same thing. I don't bother with them because I jsut don't. I don't know hwy some old timers don't like the battle islands but to me there just normal a continent

If you push hard enough, it'll fit.
Old 2004-11-08, 01:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Subterfuge
Corporal

1. Never use the word "unda" again.

2. Good idea, but It wouldnt make much tactical sense, Why take an underwater base at all (Unless it provided some cool benefit) ? Then again PS doesnt have much tactical sense if you follow the zerg around, so in that case , Good idea!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion