Gameplay: "Niche" Continents. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I love the smell of plasma grenades in the morning.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

View Poll Results: Which interests you?
Mobile base 4 33.33%
Hazard zone 3 25.00%
Urban enviroment 8 66.67%
One of the above, but not how you described it. 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2012-06-16, 04:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Kriegson
Master Sergeant

"Niche" Continents.

With all the suggestions of mobile bases, Urban continents, so on and so forth, I'm wondering how receptive people are to the idea of niche continents to feature them?

Of the ideas I've seen so far:

Urban continent (Might already be in development as part of the icy one)
Ranging from a large continent with a handful of cities (or likely ruins) where objectives exist to fight over, a continent sized city to fight over, or a relatively small continent that is simply a city.
Urban combat restricts the usefulness of vehicles in favor of infantry and brutal close quarters combat.

Mobile base continent

Likely a large and relatively desolate area ranging from salt plains to ocean where the main feature is a handful of mobile bases. Vehicles are a necessity here, as is moving troops to a location aboard them, as the distance between the bases is variable, but often very open.
Alternatively, infantry is the quickest way to take down or disable a mobile base if it gets aboard.

Could possibly be integrated into existing continents, especially if sea or air based.

Volcanic/ocean/swamp/hazard continent
A place where the terrain is as deadly as your foes. Volcanic ash or jungle spores can clog the engines of aircraft, causing them to even lose altitude should they be engulfed in a cloud thick enough, and crash if they cannot escape it.
While pools of flowing magma hungrily devour anything that sinks within them.

Deadly swamps can slow and trap vehicles, and swallow infantry whole if they stop moving for too long. The magnificent trees can swat aircraft out of the skies with canopies of such strength and density, a galaxy could land and deploy on one...though the troops would have to be careful not to slip between the cracks.

Acrid badlands swept with radioactive storms and cutting winds with fine particles that can flay flesh from the bone in minutes. Bases provide what little safety there is to be had in a storm, while only the strongest tanks and sunderes can hope to weather them. If only to drop into a neigh endless crevasse due to their lack of vision.
Old 2012-06-16, 04:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Flaropri
Sergeant Major

Re: "Niche" Continents.

I don't think "Niche" terrain needs to spread over an entire continent (or should really), and that there's a fair chance we'll see things like this spread out over various continents, if not necessarily at launch (I think Urban terrain was confirmed though).

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault