Anti BFR? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Your time has come...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-10-31, 07:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
internetn
Sergeant Major

Anti BFR?

Is anybody actualy for the BFR's, I know I am..

Start the flaming!!!

and I would like to THANK the DEVS for their hard work, some of us appriciate it..

and yet another thing, People are whining about BFR's now, but they used to whine about the NC MBTS, the easiest and uber fast way to kill a BFR is to drop Lib bombs on it

http://www.lastknights.com/index.php?action=register&ref_id=5639

Last edited by internetn; 2004-10-31 at 07:35 PM.
Old 2004-10-31, 07:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
martyr
Contributor
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Old 2004-10-31, 08:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Indecisive
Major General

I need to get someone to make a huge sig with like 20 "anti's" on it then a big question mark on top of the bfr.
Old 2004-10-31, 11:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
LimpBIT
Lieutenant Colonel

i love the BFRs. Ive been waiting for something like this for a long ass time

Old 2004-11-01, 04:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
hazzer2007
Sergeant Major

i love the BFRs
Me too dude. Its the only thing i am good at (except Gal pilot), + I'm not a killing whore, i take pride in my bfr, only attack where i have the advantage, and i never run when the sheild is gone and i'm about to die, i run when i dont have the advantage, i still have 1/2 of my sheild left when i run.

THANK the DEVS
YES, the best thing they have done (except made Planetside)

When nearly everyone has adv bfr, the killing should decreace, and bfr's will only come out for a mass attack or for defence. ITS A NEW TOY, WHAT DO YOU EXPECT, PEOPLE WILL USE IT ALL THE TIME FOR NOW.
Old 2004-11-01, 05:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Eldanesh
Sergeant Major

The devs did do a nice job creating and introducing them, I just wish they had poured all that effort into something other than stupid killer robots.

Its worse than flailwhores inflated 50:1 k/d ratios and makes for really boring outdoor combat. "Hey why get an ams, tank, aircraft, or actually go on foot when I can sit inside a cy and wait for the base to drain?"
Old 2004-11-01, 06:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Eldanesh
The devs did do a nice job creating and introducing them, I just wish they had poured all that effort into something other than stupid killer robots.
Like stupid killer tanks? That's what the alternative would have been. Personally I hope they add some kind of super-heavy tank, 40k style, but whatever. Point is, it's about the gameplay mechanics they were trying to achieve that people should be concerned with, not the model and skin they're attached to.

Its worse than flailwhores inflated 50:1 k/d ratios and makes for really boring outdoor combat. "Hey why get an ams, tank, aircraft, or actually go on foot when I can sit inside a cy and wait for the base to drain?"
Let's see how it goes after Tuesday's patch.
Old 2004-11-01, 09:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

I remember when people were "quitting" en mass when theLiberator was released. I also remember that when every single player in PLanetside had the Liberator cert, it did indeed suck. After the new wore off it was back to normal and now Liberators are a powerfull nusance and altogether too uncommon. The same will be true for BFRs
Old 2004-11-01, 09:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

Oh and I want to also add that If you still want to foot zerg everyplace, you still can. In fact not only are the caves vastly superrior battlegrounds for foot zergs in the first place, now you have a guarenteed location to foot zerg when you feel like it.

I personally love to foot zerg. It is why I have 2 characters. One support/infil/hack and another a kill whore. Now I can log on each night and pick my battles
Old 2004-11-01, 01:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

I think that's what makes the cave battles interesting, it's infantry vs infantry for the most part.
Old 2004-11-01, 02:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Red October
Second Lieutenant

With the advent of BFR's and BEP+CEP for hacks, the caves have really picked up in action. I remember going in there...and I would make the 100% pop for TR. I always knew when an enemy entered. Pop would go VS: 0% NC:50% TR: 50% or VS:33% NC:33% TR:33%. And quite often I would get a tell from them "hey, I'm just in here to goof off with the ATV, hack and take all you want"

Much love for the BFR's....even when I decided that I don't want to cert in them just yet.
Old 2004-11-01, 03:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Mag-Mower
General

Misc Info

I like BFRs alot, hence, look at sigs
Old 2004-11-01, 03:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

I imagine someone named Mag-Mower would love the vehicular side of Planetside :lol

It seems to me that the Vehicle players love them and the foot zerg players hate them
Old 2004-11-01, 03:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
EarlyDawn
Major General

It's a coll addition, I just wish that they put all the time into something that would be a little more balanced, that everyone could benefit from.
Old 2004-11-01, 04:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
MasterD
Private

Im Anti-BFR cause im a foot soilder and cant get out of a base without getting killed by a BFR. I know the DEV's will balance them out but id rather see some new infantry weapons than vehicles.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion