Anti BFR? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Just add water for instant fun!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-11-01, 07:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Queensidecastle
I remember when people were "quitting" en mass when theLiberator was released. I also remember that when every single player in PLanetside had the Liberator cert, it did indeed suck. After the new wore off it was back to normal and now Liberators are a powerfull nusance and altogether too uncommon. The same will be true for BFRs
The problem with that logic being that people ceased using Liberators as much because they realized that they were very specialized toys. BFRs are not specialized toys. The majority of Planetside population will cert whatever allows them to run up their kill count in the safest manner possible. The fact that they are allowed to cert BFR, be safer than in anything else and have the ability to AA/AI/AV all in one toy? Good luck getting people out of them until the nerf stick hits hard.

I'll be in the caverns for a loooooong time.
Old 2004-11-02, 03:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
MasterD
Private

Seems like the devs want to infantry to stay in the caves so in the future they can make the bases BFR size and give them a rek cause right now they are not leaving there BFR for nothing. Gets really boring 3-4 BFR camping 1 door.
Old 2004-11-02, 04:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
internetn
Sergeant Major

My character is an all infantry with the BFR cert and whatever comes with it, and I still love the BFR's

another thing I always here about infantry being utterly useless, but for the last couple days I thought that the BFR acquisition time was like 24 hours, so I ran around on foot with nothing but a sniper rifle, a newbhammer, and two medkits. I took down at least 20 shields (for once I'm not dramatizing) and had my fellow squadmates that were or were not using BFR's kill them..

I assed raped those BFR's, they took a giant bolt up the shield gen...

Point being, we have to adapt, society adapted when gunpowder was first used, then it adapted when we all stood in a line and shot at each other, and again we adapted when tanks were shootin bombs at us and planes were droppign bombs on us...

I think the DEVs will eventually add a counter to the BFR's that we would of never thought of, but jeeze, why do yall have to ruin my gaming experience by whining over the Global and Broadcast channels?

http://www.lastknights.com/index.php?action=register&ref_id=5639

Old 2004-11-03, 11:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
AztecWarrior
Lightbulb Collector

Originally Posted by Eldanesh
The devs did do a nice job creating and introducing them, I just wish they had poured all that effort into something other than stupid killer robots.

Its worse than flailwhores inflated 50:1 k/d ratios and makes for really boring outdoor combat. "Hey why get an ams, tank, aircraft, or actually go on foot when I can sit inside a cy and wait for the base to drain?"
You are a god/dess.

I thought maybe one or two mechs for each side during a zerg was what we were going to have. Now it's 50 mechs on each side rendering everything a No Man's Land. The things are simply unkillable and destroy infantry.

And the devs cant edit out their mistake too severely because they need them to sell the damn game with Aftershock and all.

I am not resubscribing when my subscription runs out in a few days.

Unless they fix the problem, they just lost a customer.
The gun katas. Through analysis of thousands of recorded gunfights, the Cleric has determined that the geometric distribution of antagonists in any gun battle is a statistically predictable element. The gun kata treats the gun as a total weapon, each fluid position representing a maximum kill zone, inflicting maximum damage on the maximum number of opponents while keeping the defender clear of the statistically traditional trajectories of return fire. By the rote mastery of this art, your firing efficiency will rise by no less than 120%. The difference of a 63% increase to lethal proficiency makes the master of the gun katas an adversary not to be taken lightly.

Last edited by AztecWarrior; 2004-11-03 at 11:40 PM.
Old 2004-11-03, 11:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
AztecWarrior
Lightbulb Collector

Sing to the tune of "Video killed the radio star":

And now we meet in an abandoned game
We hear the gunfire and it seems so long ago
And you remember the fighting used to own.
Oh-a oh

You were the best game.
Oh-a oh

You are the worst game.

BFRs killed the PlanetSide star!
BFRs killed the PlanetSide star!
The gun katas. Through analysis of thousands of recorded gunfights, the Cleric has determined that the geometric distribution of antagonists in any gun battle is a statistically predictable element. The gun kata treats the gun as a total weapon, each fluid position representing a maximum kill zone, inflicting maximum damage on the maximum number of opponents while keeping the defender clear of the statistically traditional trajectories of return fire. By the rote mastery of this art, your firing efficiency will rise by no less than 120%. The difference of a 63% increase to lethal proficiency makes the master of the gun katas an adversary not to be taken lightly.
Old 2004-11-04, 12:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Untouchable
Private

To be honest, when marketing comes into play SOE doesn't care if it loses a customer if it can get two back. It's all about money. Their using BFRs as a way to make the game look more appealing to possible new buyers. So sorry Aztec but your song is going to be drowned out by $$.
Old 2004-11-04, 07:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

That's assuming they don't fix the problem
Old 2004-11-04, 09:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
DMX7
Corporal

Yeh, I don't really think all that effort should have gone into massive killing machines, it should have gone to new weapons and buildings,etc.
i have to admit I enjoy sitting in my Aphelion killing 65 people before I die, sure its fun with a few BFRs on each empire in a battle, but as AztecWarrior said there are about 50 as far as the eye can see...

Also it would be total uber-hackz0r-pwnage if a new empire would be introduced within a few years time
Old 2004-11-04, 11:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by DMX7
it should have gone to new weapons
Old 2004-11-04, 01:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Ghryphen
PSU Code Monkey

Originally Posted by Untouchable
To be honest, when marketing comes into play SOE doesn't care if it loses a customer if it can get two back. It's all about money. Their using BFRs as a way to make the game look more appealing to possible new buyers. So sorry Aztec but your song is going to be drowned out by $$.
It brought me back after 10 months hiatus. I like the BFR's, they have created some epic battles.

Twitter | Dragon Wolves
Old 2004-11-04, 02:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
internetn
Sergeant Major

If the DEV's made the timer for the BFR's like 24 hours would that change anything?

Also, maybe the Vanu just need to start showing up with some big ass cruisers and start blowing the hell out all three empires..!!! And then, All the empires launch a secret starship thingy and from now and untill they can find a home the BFR's would be useless, cause you sure ass hell cant walk around in a spaceship/mothership with that thing

J/k Thats way to ambitious for the PlanetSide team

Old 2004-11-04, 05:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
hazzer2007
Sergeant Major

I am not resubscribing when my subscription runs out in a few days.

Unless they fix the problem, they just lost a customer.
ITS A NEW TOY DUDE, JUST WAIT
Old 2004-11-04, 05:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
internetn
Sergeant Major

Hazzer? If your Anti-Anti-BFR does that make you for BFR's?

(Don't flame me if i'm wrong) but isn't that like a double negative?

Old 2004-11-04, 05:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Untouchable
Private

That would be the idea internetn ....
Old 2004-11-05, 04:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
internetn
Sergeant Major

Ok... im kinda slow

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion