Gameplay: "Bullet drop" & Dumbfire Rockets. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Creaming a Vanu in an enforcer: Priceless
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2012-05-29, 11:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Jinxsey
Corporal

"Bullet drop" & Dumbfire Rockets.

Watching the various videos available I find myself wondering if the dumbfire rockets mounted on various weapons platforms, vehicle or otherwise, suffer from "bullet drop".

I think, given the nature of the weapon, that they are available on demand and that vehicle mounted versions, particularly those mounted for Close Air Support, can be ripple fired (rapid fired) they should, unlike guided weapons, suffer from bullet drop.

I fully expect that skilled weapon operators will get sufficiently skilled with these systems that they will not suffer any loss of accuracy with this feature, and may indeed get skilled enough to "lob" them over low cover. But I think that some small amount of bullet drop on dumbfired rockets will assist in making guided missiles more desirable for precision based applications.

This adds an eliment of skill to the usage of dumbifred rockets which would otherwise be largely "point and click" warfare and lack any "barrier to entry" which required farmiliarity with the weapon system.

I am not suggesting using these weapons be made prohibatively difficult, only that varying degrees of "bullet drop" be tested, and considered in order to add a new dimension to an otherwise fairly simple and uncomplicated weapon.
Old 2012-05-29, 01:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Zekeen
Major

Re: "Bullet drop" & Dumbfire Rockets.

Alright, I gotta support your idea, because I have not seen too many short burst dumb fire rockets in the videos yet. Rockets like that were a nice part of PS1 and would be fun to see again, though I don't know if they dropped in PS1.

It'd be fun to see them added, especially considering the Vanu would get their own take on it (as well as the fact Vanu do NOT suffer bullet drop in most cases, but shorter range instead). So it'd be VERY interesting to watch combat go on with some sort of MRLS systems going about (that's multiple rocket launching system for you green horns, rocket launcher with lots of holes, lots of rockets).
Old 2012-05-29, 06:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
berzerkerking
Second Lieutenant

Bullet drop? VS for life primitive humans.
Old 2012-05-30, 03:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Zekeen
Major

Originally Posted by berzerkerking View Post
Bullet drop? VS for life primitive humans.
I'm gonna plug a hole in your forehead from a mile off, you short ranged pink laser conehead.
Old 2012-06-04, 04:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
WVoneseven
Corporal

@Zekeen: Not if I hit his left eye socket first!

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault