PM from enemy for the first time - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Putting the "WTF" in "fansite".
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-07-31, 06:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Conceptor
Corporal

PM from enemy for the first time

so for the first time yesterday, an enemy private messaged me and insulted me for takin so long to kill him with a mag rider.

he said a buncha crap and i asked him to leave me alone and he got in my face.

this personally ruins my gaming experience knowing that people can do this to me when im trying to enjoy the game.

is there anyone else who thinks that they shouldent allow PM's between enemy teams? not only is it annoying and rude but its also an opening for people to help each other cheat.

they should not allow other empires to message each other, theres too many flaws and unhappy endings.
Old 2003-07-31, 06:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
X-113
Staff Sergeant

Personally, whenever that happens to me, I don't get mad, I get even. Just all the more reason to show his empire who's boss. Of course, it's also nice to get GOOD tells from the enemy. Contact with my enemies, good or bad, totally makes the game worth playing to me.

Metaphysics is like searching for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there.

Theology is like searching for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there and shouting, "I got it!"
Old 2003-07-31, 06:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Conceptor
Corporal

i guess im just too sensitive with that crap... er hot headed? i dunno. i suppose ill have to learn to start ignoring ALOT of enemies.

still i think its a chance for people to cheat alot and reveal battle plans though.
Old 2003-07-31, 06:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
X-113
Staff Sergeant

True, although battle plans aren't really critical enough now to make much of a difference. Plus you can just TK the hell out of anyone you suspect is spying. Maybe we'll see this issue pop up more when bases actually mean something.

Theology is like searching for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there and shouting, "I got it!"
Old 2003-07-31, 06:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Personally I love it. This guy VictoryRose killed me one time when I was at the CC. He was on top of it and I was across the room. Out of no where he kills me with his MCG. I inform my outfit and within minutes everybody is there. This outfit member who was in there too waited for me to return and we finished him together, I was killed again. Then I came back and the guy said are you ready to kill him again? No I said, so I sent the guy a /tell saying Are you ready to die? What? He said. Then I popped around the corner with my rocklet gun.
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2003-07-31, 06:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
shinken
First Sergeant

its nice to recive messesges from people who relize that its just a game and complement you an a good kill even if it was them being killed

"Oh, just your standard issue big gun"
Old 2003-07-31, 06:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

I've done that too
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2003-07-31, 08:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Da King
Sergeant

I like to send messages to people that get run over by a friendly vehicle.

I just say "you went splat"

I've had people give me a bad time and others who just say: "yes I did like a bug on the windsheild"

Personally I like the PM from enemys but there are the losers that just want to insult you but I say screw them.
Old 2003-07-31, 08:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
krayons
Sergeant

a simple /ignore "asshat name" works
Old 2003-07-31, 08:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Happyn00dlez
Private

Sheesh!

Why can't we just have some honorable opponents so if they till you it is something like " hey! that was a nice shot! " but instead we have smacktards.. I hope someday they will mature.
Old 2003-07-31, 08:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Eliaas_Demens
First Sergeant

Okay, I admit it. I mock people when I run them over with an ANT. But come on, if you're killed by an ANT, you kind of deserve to be teased.
Old 2003-07-31, 08:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Strygun
Contributor
Major General

/ignore person's name here
Old 2003-07-31, 09:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Conceptor
Corporal

i know about ignoring but i wonder... is there any way i can ignore ALL tells from opposing empires?
Old 2003-07-31, 10:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
X-113
Staff Sergeant

Now there's an idea for the next patch!

/ignore enemy

Old 2003-07-31, 10:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Endless
Sergeant

Yeah, I get tells here and there that are actually complements. But every now and then, i get some asshat who's pissed cause they died. Like a while ago, I had a long range firefight with some HEL guy and killed him with my Supressor (underated gun). He sent me a tell to go fuck myself. Go figure .
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion