PlanetSide 2 at NYCC - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: It gets the juices flowing.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-09-17, 02:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Danicia
Sony Online
Sparkly Princess
of Social Media.

PlanetSide 2 at NYCC

Howdy all!

We're putting out the information on the upcoming panel at the New York ComicCon. I asked if I could throw it out here and they said yes!

NYCC 2012
PlanetSide 2 Speaker Session

Date: 10/12/2012
Time: 5:15 PM- 6:15 PM

TITLE: PlanetSide 2 – Redefining the MMOFPS Genre.

DESCRIPTION:
PlanetSide 2 takes all the groundbreaking features from the original game – massive multiplayer battles, distinct empires to rally around, and enormous continents where intense ground and air combat unfold – and adds features that modern gamers have come to expect of the FPS and MMO genres. With advanced technology, years of gamer feedback, and a new Sony Online Entertainment proprietary game engine called ForgeLight™, PlanetSide 2 offers a truly competitive and visceral FPS experience with massive warfare, massive customization and massive community.

Join PlanetSide 2 Creative Director Matthew Higby as he delves into the development process, introduces key learning’s and data from Beta and discusses the future of PlanetSide 2 and online gaming. SOE is all about conversing with players, so bring your PlanetSide 2 and development related questions to the session and Higby will answer them LIVE!
Old 2012-09-17, 05:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
SniperSteve
First Lieutenant

Re: PlanetSide 2 at NYCC

Interesting. Might actually go to this one...
Old 2012-09-18, 01:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Tapman
Staff Sergeant

What is Higby's itinerary for the rest of the day/night/weekend? I would love to buy him a beer, especially since this is the first time that a PS2 Dev will be in the New York Metro area and who knows when the next time will be!
Old 2012-09-19, 08:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
FireWater
Contributor
Staff Sergeant

Are there other times where SOE will be at NYCCC?

Engineer for NUC's Alpha Squad http://www.nucgaming.com
Old 2012-09-27, 03:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Tapman
Staff Sergeant

Oy! I have two jobs that will require advance notice of me taking time off so if Higby has time to meet up and get drunk I'd like to know ASAP!
Old 2012-10-13, 10:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Tapman
Staff Sergeant

Welp I guess it's nice to see some hard evidence that these forums are getting less attention now that the team has their own set of forums to file through on a daily basis. Granted, reading the sheer quantity of bitching and moaning there must be a terribly time consuming task and I do not envy the people who have to go through it every day.

Maybe if I can find the time and money to plan a trip in the next few years I'll try to get over to SOE headquarters and/or one of their local pubs, it really would have been nice to grab some beers with the man himself while he was only an hour or two of public transportation away.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion