Planetside 2 Needs Prone - Page 9 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: see what hapens when you try to rob me
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Do you want Prone in PS2?
Yes 152 31.21%
No 312 64.07%
Other (Explain) 23 4.72%
Voters: 487. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-01, 05:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #121
Gonefshn
Contributor
Major

Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone

Originally Posted by SoNaR View Post
.... like dodging bullets.
He is.... "The one" !!!

Old 2012-06-01, 05:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #122
Zulthus
Colonel

Originally Posted by Envenom View Post
No argument... So let's bring up an irrelevant point to shift focus. Good skills.
LOL, I like how you're trying to dodge the fact that you can't keep a position to save your life. First, you want to restrict what other players can do, now you're trying to give them more, and a meaningless one, I might add.

This is common with new people to the forums. Nothing left to say here.
Old 2012-06-01, 05:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #123
sylphaen
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Gonefshn View Post
He is.... "The one" !!!

lol
Great idea ! Slow time shields should be in too !
Old 2012-06-01, 05:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #124
Zulthus
Colonel

Originally Posted by sylphaen View Post
lol
Great idea ! Slow time shields should be in too !
This would be a neat special ability to have

Old 2012-06-01, 05:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #125
Envenom
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post
LOL, I like how you're trying to dodge the fact that you can't keep a position to save your life. First, you want to restrict what other players can do, now you're trying to give them more, and a meaningless one, I might add.

I've supported prone from the beginning. Just because you lack the skills to effectively deal with someone lying statically on the ground in an FPS really isn't a concern of mine.
Old 2012-06-01, 05:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #126
Zulthus
Colonel

I've supported prone from the beginning. Just because you lack the skills to effectively deal with someone lying statically on the ground in an FPS really isn't a concern of mine.
You're dodging your fail like Neo dodging the bullets in the video above... until you respond to what I've said what you say holds absolutely no water.
Old 2012-06-01, 05:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #127
sylphaen
Lieutenant Colonel

You're dodging your fail like Neo dodging the bullets in the video above... until you respond to what I've said what you say holds absolutely no water.
Be careful, it might be a fail-lure !
Old 2012-06-01, 05:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #128
Gonefshn
Contributor
Major

If you look back at past posts you will notice I have defended you a few times even by name stating I was supporting your point. Trying to help you out here but putting emoticons at the end of every post you make while being snarky with someone is making you look like an asshole.

Last edited by Gonefshn; 2012-06-01 at 05:41 PM.
Old 2012-06-01, 05:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #129
Stardouser
Colonel

Wait, so you agree that not having restrictive out of bounds matches with prone!

But if it comes down to it, prone is a less serious issue, we must not have restrictive out of bounds.
Old 2012-06-01, 05:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #130
Zulthus
Colonel

Originally Posted by Stardouser View Post
Wait, so you agree that not having restrictive out of bounds matches with prone!

But if it comes down to it, prone is a less serious issue, we must not have restrictive out of bounds.
I'm not saying it matches, but it's the same concept. He wants to increase the amount of ways players can tackle situations but at the same time he doesn't. So I'm tryin' to understand what is real position is.
Old 2012-06-01, 05:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #131
sylphaen
Lieutenant Colonel

Just adding something a bit off-topic but adding prone might result in this kind of gameplay:
http://www.findthecat.net/

On MMO scale !
Old 2012-06-01, 05:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #132
Death2All
Major

Misc Info

People have a difficult time wrapping their heads around the concept that just because a mechanic is used in a particular popular game that does not mean it must be put in ALL games. Battlefield and Planetside are two entirely different games, the only similarity is that they're FPS games with an emphasis on vehicle combat. The logistics are so vastly different that you can't just throw in random game mechanics from one game to the other because it simply wouldn't work.

Prone is a prime example of mechanics that do not shift well. Mechanics such as prone "work" (I use that term lightly because it's an awful mechanic that doesn't add much to gameplay other than camping) in a session based shooter such as Battlefield or CoD because once the round ends, it's all over. It's about doing whatever is most efficient to win the round, whatever the cost. Planetside is a game about persistence and capturing territories. When you add in too many mechanics that slow gameplay down to a snail's pace you get a pretty shit game that resembles....Well, Battlefield.

A lot of people are really hung up on Battlefield but I think you may be one of the worst offenders, Emvenom. Some things simply won't work. You can bash veterans players all you want saying they lack the skills to lay prone (lolwat), but it just comes to the very nature of the game.

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON
Old 2012-06-01, 05:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #133
Envenom
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Gonefshn View Post
If you look back at past posts you will notice I have defended you a few times even by name stating I was supporting your point. Trying to help you out here but putting emoticons at the end of every post you make while being snarky with someone is making you look like an asshole.
Thanks. I appreciate that.

I think prone overall is a pretty moot point. It's unlikely they will put it in the game since many of the systems are already in place. It's refreshing to see how passionate people get over such insignificant things in this game. This really is a testament to the developers who created PS1.

I would still like to see prone in the game. Will it happen? Probably not. This is alpha though so who knows. If PS2 wants to keep up with the AAA modern day shooters out on the market today, features like this might be important to consider though. Despite the vocal minority of this forum, the truth of the matter is that the games main audience will be drawn from the CoD and BF crowds and will be the life blood of this game. A game of this magnitude and ambition can't be supported by 'the vets' alone. CoD and BF are the biggest and most successful franchises out there right now and you will be gaming beside them whether you like it or not. When the numbers start pouring in, so will the voices.

Who knows what will happen.

Last edited by Envenom; 2012-06-01 at 05:52 PM.
Old 2012-06-01, 06:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #134
Gonefshn
Contributor
Major

Thanks. I appreciate that.
Your welcome, and I hope there is no sarcasm in there cause that comment was meant to help you out so everyone doesn't hate you lol.

When the numbers start pouring in, so will the voices.
I've been digging my bomb shelter for that nuclear bomb to hit since they announced the game.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-06-01, 06:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #135
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Originally Posted by Kurtz View Post
I thought the lack of prone in BFBC2 encouraged snipers to get cheap shots on me while i knelt behind a block that didn't cover my head. In BF3 If I'm suppressed I can go prone, lay down a med kit and come up prefiring. Hardly camping. If anything it protects me from camping snipers, AT whores and Noob tubers.
You learned pretty quick in BFBC2 which cover protects you and which doesn't. If there's a problem with cover the solution is simple - add more of it, and or make the existing cover better. Prone is, at best, a crutch.

It only added stagnation to the game and an excuse to remove cover and discourage assault.