Thoughts on new S-AMS - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: if you can't beat 'em, keep trying.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-09-22, 12:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Re: Thoughts on new S-AMS

And now everyone is saying that the g-ams should be removed. And it will be removed, because of the whining.

This is mostly FAO Figgy.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2012-09-22, 12:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Crator
Major General

I don't think the GAL spawn ability should be removed. It should require teamwork to enable the spawn point though.

Hacker Cert: Galaxy air pad clamps
Old 2012-09-22, 01:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
bullet
First Sergeant

I don't know if that cert value for the G-AMS is final but it costs 500 I believe. That has to be someone pretty dedicated to support to drop that many certs on it.
Old 2012-09-22, 01:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by bullet View Post
I don't know if that cert value for the G-AMS is final but it costs 500 I believe. That has to be someone pretty dedicated to support to drop that many certs on it.
After I spend my certs on the laser dot and reflex, I'm going in for it.

Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2012-09-22, 01:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
HellsPanda
Corporal

500 points sound very cheap for a dedicated galaxy cert that allows tactical positioning of a spawn point to a degree the bus drives can Only dram about
Old 2012-09-22, 04:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by NewSith View Post
And now everyone is saying that the g-ams should be removed. And it will be removed, because of the whining.

This is mostly FAO Figgy.
Heh, whining? A lot of the new people now for the first time seem to experience true base sieges and field battles, hectic fights over territory. It doesn't mean the Gal spawnpoint has to disappear completely though and I never said it should (!). It did need to be restricted a bit because it avoided defenses too easily and made zergs impossible to deal with by small groups. This version is far easier to deal with as many have noted already.

Noticed people on PS2 forums were thrilled by the effects of the change. Still afraid of pure Sundy transport role being competed out. So still prefer a pure ams.

Galaxy spawning should IMO be limited to squads (at most platoon) rally point. That would interfere least with the hot drop role and avoids AMS obsoletion. That would make them have their own niche without bringing the entire empire.

Role definition is important, otherwise in half a year we are back where we started.
Old 2012-09-22, 05:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Galron
Staff Sergeant

I would like to give my feedback for the AMS spawning but im having a slight problem. NO ONE fucking uses it much less deploys it where I can actually spawn from it. Before I always had plenty of gal spawn points.
Old 2012-09-22, 05:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
bullet
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Galron View Post
I would like to give my feedback for the AMS spawning but im having a slight problem. NO ONE fucking uses it much less deploys it where I can actually spawn from it. Before I always had plenty of gal spawn points.
So cert it and use it, its only 5 cert points. There is a lack of them because people who came into the game don't realize how useful the AMS was. They always just assumed it was a bad idea because it was from PS1 and all the vets wanted it. We need to smack them and show them that everything from PS1 wasn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be.
Old 2012-09-22, 07:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

It just reinforces my opinion that this game absolutely does not need a cloaked spawn point.

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2012-09-22, 07:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

What it needs are FOBs.

Old 2012-09-22, 07:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
ThGlump
Captain

Originally Posted by bullet View Post
There is cert for carrying one more medkit that cost nearly 5000 certs. 500 for GAMS is nothing.
Old 2012-09-22, 08:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
Galaxy spawning should IMO be limited to squads (at most platoon) rally point. That would interfere least with the hot drop role and avoids AMS obsoletion. That would make them have their own niche without bringing the entire empire.
If I want ninja squad action I would rather bring a Sunderer. G-AMS is exactly the zerg type of spawnpoint.

That's actually the point you were making in a thread not so distant.

EDIT: Also 10/500... I'm after a good start.

Old 2012-09-22, 09:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
bullet
First Sergeant

I've been pumping points into the Basilisk guns for the sundy hoping they provide more protection than they do right now. Im up to the second cert of increased ammo capacity. The other guns for the sundy in the store don't seem that appealing when trying to deal with air/veh and infantry.
Old 2012-09-22, 11:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
SixShooter
Captain

I really like that both Gal and BangBus can be used. I really think that the cert cost should be higher though at least for the Sundy, as I understand it's already going to be way high for the Gal.

Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-09-22, 11:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Its working great. It doesn't need a cloak. ITs better without it to be honest. The fights are more straightforward.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion