Warp gate Rotations - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Feel free to debate politics, you're still wrong, but debate away.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-09-27, 07:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Baptist
Private

Warp gate Rotations

It’s been clear to us all since day one of Planetside 2 that the Warp gate positions are not all made equal, which is fine because eventually with rotations we all have our day in the sun.

Indar being the most popular continent for play has also the most unbalanced Warp Gate and therefore the most coveted by all three empires.

At the moment Rotations coincide with Patches, which with this game are randomly spaced and unpredictable, I’d like to have a more orderly system to determine when Warp Gate rotation happens, as this one seems to have been forgotten about for a while now.

Of course I may be barking up the wrong tree and someone will point to a graph they’ve knocked up to show evenly spaced rotations for the last year, but fuck it, it’s a new topic that doesn’t involve kill cams.

Respond.

Last edited by Baptist; 2013-09-27 at 07:53 PM.
Old 2013-09-27, 07:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Babyfark McGeez
Captain

Re: Warp gate Rotations

I think eventually rotations should go away completely when we have an intercontinental "lattice" someday, to give a feel of a persistent world that lets you immerse yourself in it. MMO-fps and all that. Rotating warpgates would feel out of place.

But for now, i agree.
Old 2013-09-27, 08:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Root Hade
Corporal

Yeah with cont locking/lattice doesn't it make more sense to give the imbalanced warpgate to the home faction? Contestable warpgates would mix up the typical base line up enough.

Does having a home cont turf advantage make sense?
Old 2013-09-27, 10:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
HereticusXZ
First Sergeant

I heard from someone in my outfit that they rotate every 50-55 days, Not sue though if it's true.

Last edited by HereticusXZ; 2013-09-27 at 10:05 PM.
Old 2013-09-27, 11:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Mordelicius
Major

Warpgate rotations mean very little. The root cause of population imbalance and WDS imbalance is faction imbalance.

TR is EZ mode with vehicles - Their vehicles are multipurpose (Vulcan/Marauder) and are very effective anti-infantry. While their infantry is a very effective anti-vehicle. In short they got crazy counters.
VS is EZ mode with infantry - ZOE is OP for so long and their infantry weapon really have no downsides.
NC is expected to give free certs to both since the faction is 'popular' enough. NC has no range counters against TR or Vanu.

But since the Devs don't even play their own game (or else they would have caught broken things a long time ago), they will wait for their graphs to complete and analyze them - and still end up scratching their heads - on what's causing all of these skewed numbers.

I guess they are trying to break their record of letting the Magrider run amuck for 3(?) months before actually toning them down.

The MLG is getting closer and closer. This is going to be an epic debacle.
The UES, the War Report, the Community Clash and the competitions already point to who are expected to win the eventual 'tournaments'.

Heck, how many NC participants are even expected to fight aside from TIW and Recursion?
Old 2013-09-27, 11:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Baptist
Private

As a man from the little known film Star Wars once said, STAY ON TARGET!
Old 2013-09-28, 02:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

I would rather own the objectively worst gate permanently than be rotated through them all periodically. Sense of ownership drives defense.
Old 2013-09-28, 07:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Taramafor
Sergeant Major

Rotations can be both a good thing and a bad thing. On the one hand, you get new territory to defend and attack because it switches hands. On the other I find places like the crown easier to get to from the south warpgate then from the north warpgate.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion