No Heavy Assault LMG deserves .75 ADS speed...VS. - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: no, really?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 2013-05-29, 11:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Dragonskin
Major
 
Re: No Heavy Assault LMG deserves .75 ADS speed...VS.


Originally Posted by Dreamcast View Post
Stats?...Dude brb gonna find out the stats.

Look, Im just telling you how it feels in game and what my results are.

I play HA all the time and I can tell .75 does a difference when I used an NS-15 or on my alt with the Orion.....I know it does when ADAD strafing.


Has nothing to do with how good you are at tracking a target...If a person is ADAD faster than you, you will need to move your mouse way more, it will be much easier for him to get the hits on you....Sorry but is a nice advantage...So stop blaming it on player skill.

As for the Orion in close distance, is very good...Sure a shotgun will pretty much own everybody in close distance but an Orion can take on an SMG.....and still be able to outstrafe anybody at meduim Range....Thats a big deal.

I dont care about .75's AR's or Carbines because they don't have two shields.

HA has two shields....add a .75 speed buff....yeah is overkill no matter how u look at it.
Meh, not going to convince me about the .75 thing. The only evidence you have is your "feeling". Which means the only evidence you have is your perception of what is happening instead of actual data to back up your claims. Here is some food for thought for your crusade.

What is the only class that can use a AR? Combat Medic.

What is the only class that has an AOE heal ability on a short cooldown? Combat Medic.

What is the only class with an AOE healing grenade? Combat Medic. They can even get grenade bandoliers like other classes and have 3 of them to toss out.

Which class can have 2 rolling HoTs active at the same time and has access to a spike self heal (med kit)? Oh that would be combat medic.

Starting to look like you should think more about ARs in your crusade to me.

Anyway, nothing else I can add to this conversation. Carry on with your Orion nerf.. or HA shield nerf.. or .75 ADS movement speed nerf.. or whatever you are trying to accomplish with this thread now.

Originally Posted by Ghoest9 View Post
If you want to make a case that for some reason VS deserves this particular advantage - fine make the case.
But drop the literally nonsense argument you have been attempting.
No, you missed it. My argument is that he acknowledges that HA's have access to other weapons that have .75 ADS. One of them is specifically a LMG that all factions have access to and the others are .75 by default for all factions.

The answer is that VS don't have a special .75 ADS bonus unique to HA.

So that then turns into a Orion nerf and not a debate about movement speed at all because the thing the Orion excels at that the NS-15m doesn't have is RPM. The NS-15m actually has better bullet velocity meaning in CQC/med range the bullets will hit the target faster than the Orion.
__________________


Last edited by Dragonskin; 2013-05-29 at 11:18 PM.
Dragonskin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 11:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Dreamcast
Major
 
Re: No Heavy Assault LMG deserves .75 ADS speed...VS.


Originally Posted by Dragonskin View Post
Meh, not going to convince me about the .75 thing. The only evidence you have is your "feeling". Which means the only evidence you have is your perception of what is happening instead of actual data to back up your claims. Here is some food for thought for your crusade.

What is the only class that can use a AR? Combat Medic.

What is the only class that has an AOE heal ability on a short cooldown? Combat Medic.

What is the only class with an AOE healing grenade? Combat Medic. They can even get grenade bandoliers like other classes and have 3 of them to toss out.

Which class can have 2 rolling HoTs active at the same time and has access to a spike self heal (med kit)? Oh that would be combat medic.

Starting to look like you should think more about ARs in your crusade to me.

Anyway, nothing else I can add to this conversation. Carry on with your Orion nerf.. or HA shield nerf.. or .75 ADS movement speed nerf.. or whatever you are trying to accomplish with this thread now.
To be honest, looking at your stats, I dont think you know much about HA.

or about .75 ADS speed.

Sorry but I don't have the evidence of .75 speed vs .50 speed....I don't work in SOE so I can't find out.


However since I do play HA all the time I can notice the difference hugely.

But wutever, Im not going to argue with somebody like you who has no idea what he is talking about....

As for the Medic argument lol.....75 speed is an advantage for them but their little healing will no difference in 1 vs 1.....A HA with .75 speed does a huge difference.

No, you missed it. My argument is that he acknowledges that HA's have access to other weapons that have .75 ADS. One of them is specifically a LMG that all factions have access to and the others are .75 by default for all factions.

The answer is that VS don't have a special .75 ADS bonus unique to HA.

So that then turns into a Orion nerf and not a debate about movement speed at all because the thing the Orion excels at that the NS-15m doesn't have is RPM. The NS-15m actually has better bullet velocity meaning in CQC/med range the bullets will hit the target faster than the Orion.
Read the title and Read what I replied.

No Heavy Assault LMG deserves .75 ADS speed...VS.....That includes the NS-15.

I mentioned the NS-15 on the first post.

yes I Mentioned the ORION and VS more because they do have most LMG's with .75.

and the Orion completely destroys the NS-15m in close quarters btw...The RoF is way too much for higher bullet velocity that the Ns-15 has.


So yes NS-15 should be nerfed too.


Also I already explained why .75 on Shotguns and SMG's arnt a huge deal.....ADS is best for meduim range, both of those weapons suck at that range....Most people use both shotties and SMGs as hipfire because at the range they are good at, they need fast strafing...not ADS strafing which is slow compared to hipfire strafing.
__________________

Last edited by Dreamcast; 2013-05-29 at 11:27 PM.
Dreamcast is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 11:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Dragonskin
Major
 
Re: No Heavy Assault LMG deserves .75 ADS speed...VS.


Originally Posted by Dreamcast View Post
I mentioned the NS-15 on the first post.

yes I Mentioned the ORION and VS more because they do have most LMG's with .75.

and the Orion completely destroys the NS-15m in close quarters btw...The RoF is way too much for higher bullet velocity that the Ns-15 has.


So yes NS-15 should be nerfed too.
Don't forget that the NS-15m is for all factions meaning no one has an advantage with it in the game.

You are also not counting in that while the NS-15m has 35m better bullet velocity that means it can also run soft point ammunition without taking a huge velocity decrease compared to the Orion which also bumps up the damage of the bullets in med-range due to extending the max damage range. The Orion can't run soft point ammunition. So it's max damage range is shorter than a NS-15m. I think you are actually under valuing the NS-15m here.
__________________

Dragonskin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 11:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Dragonskin
Major
 
Re: No Heavy Assault LMG deserves .75 ADS speed...VS.


Originally Posted by Dreamcast View Post
As for the Medic argument lol.....75 speed is an advantage for them but their little healing will no difference in 1 vs 1.....A HA with .75 speed does a huge difference.
No offense, but you don't know jack about medic heals and its painfully obvious. My advice since you don't think I am a good player. Watch Kudochop or DVSDelrith which will both pull medics occasionally because of the sheer healing power they can pump out.
__________________

Dragonskin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 11:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Dreamcast
Major
 
Re: No Heavy Assault LMG deserves .75 ADS speed...VS.


Originally Posted by Dragonskin View Post
Don't forget that the NS-15m is for all factions meaning no one has an advantage with it in the game.

You are also not counting in that while the NS-15m has 35m better bullet velocity that means it can also run soft point ammunition without taking a huge velocity decrease compared to the Orion which also bumps up the damage of the bullets in med-range due to extending the max damage range. The Orion can't run soft point ammunition. So it's max damage range is shorter than a NS-15m. I think you are actually under valuing the NS-15m here.
I never Forgot that...I use the NS-15m...I already got my 200 certs from it, from the 1000 kills I got.

Like I said no HA LMG deserves .75.....Stop acting like I only said to take it from VS weapons.

Im not underminding the Ns-15 at all, I love the gun because of .75 speed and is pretty accurate mid-long range.

However the ORION destroys it close quarters....I know that for a fact.

Like I said you don't know much about HA.

No offense, but you don't know jack about medic heals and its painfully obvious. My advice since you don't think I am a good player. Watch Kudochop or DVSDelrith which will both pull medics occasionally because of the sheer healing power they can pump out.
lol bringing other people's names into this lol.....

Medic Heals don't have the same effect as shields do.....If I get in a strafing battle with a medic, his health isn't going to save him....A Shield on the other hand does.
__________________
Dreamcast is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-30, 12:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
AThreatToYou
Major
 
AThreatToYou's Avatar
 
Re: No Heavy Assault LMG deserves .75 ADS speed...VS.


The medic's heal aura can be (ab)used under fire to allow the medic to take 1 additional bullet from 112 and 143 weapons [beyond 10m, provided they never miss].
__________________
AThreatToYou is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-30, 12:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
Dragonskin
Major
 
Re: No Heavy Assault LMG deserves .75 ADS speed...VS.


Originally Posted by Dreamcast View Post
Like I said you don't know much about HA.
You mean outside the fact that HA is my 2nd highest played class on my VS next to Engineer. I have played on my VS HA for 83 hours and my engineer for 86 hours.

Or the fact that it's also the 2nd highest class on my TR with 48 hours while my highest is Engineer with 66 hours.

Or maybe its because I only have 7 hours on my NC HA at the moment because I rerolled to Connery.

I clearly don't have a clue about HAs since I don't 138 hours combined playing HA. Oh wait.. that is actual fact.. instead of a "feeling"... Never mind that I actually play other classes on all 3 factions as well. What is this magical number of hours played I must acquire before I know something about HAs?

You do realize I actually have more days played combined even with a rerolled character than you do?
__________________


Last edited by Dragonskin; 2013-05-30 at 12:16 AM.
Dragonskin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-30, 12:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
Tom Peters
Master Sergeant
 
Tom Peters's Avatar
 
Re: No Heavy Assault LMG deserves .75 ADS speed...VS.


Having a stafing speed advantage would definitely matter, but I've never really noticed the Orion to be exceissively threatening of a weapon itself anyway. Same goes for the NC Machinegun.
__________________
Tom Peters is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-30, 01:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
Dreamcast
Major
 
Re: No Heavy Assault LMG deserves .75 ADS speed...VS.


Originally Posted by Dragonskin View Post
You mean outside the fact that HA is my 2nd highest played class on my VS next to Engineer. I have played on my VS HA for 83 hours and my engineer for 86 hours.

Or the fact that it's also the 2nd highest class on my TR with 48 hours while my highest is Engineer with 66 hours.

Or maybe its because I only have 7 hours on my NC HA at the moment because I rerolled to Connery.

I clearly don't have a clue about HAs since I don't 138 hours combined playing HA. Oh wait.. that is actual fact.. instead of a "feeling"... Never mind that I actually play other classes on all 3 factions as well. What is this magical number of hours played I must acquire before I know something about HAs?

You do realize I actually have more days played combined even with a rerolled character than you do?
I don't care about the time.

Time doesn't mean crap.




For example your gun with the most kills is the SVA-88 at 492 kills...Thats not impressive.

You only have 1944 kills


In your TR charector Your 2nd most used gun for kills is the TMG-50 at 177 kills....

You only have 1,333 kills.



Like I said you have no experience as HA.....Time doesn't matter, stats do, kills do.

You don't have the combat experience as a HA to know the difference.


So yeah you might have more time playing Planetside 2( I played a lot in beta since August btw).....But I have kills,actual combat experience saying I know more about HA than you do.
__________________

Last edited by Dreamcast; 2013-05-30 at 01:55 AM.
Dreamcast is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-30, 02:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
LoliLoveFart
Contributor
First Sergeant
 
LoliLoveFart's Avatar
 
Re: No Heavy Assault LMG deserves .75 ADS speed...VS.


What is your proposed change, make every LMG the same?
Yeah strafe speed makes a difference against bad players, anyone who can lead it means nothing. Unless you hipfire of course in which case ADS doesnt matter either.
I'd rather the VS LMGs had the ammo capacity of the NC and TR over the .25 movement speed.
__________________

LoliLoveFart is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-30, 02:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
Dreamcast
Major
 
Re: No Heavy Assault LMG deserves .75 ADS speed...VS.


Originally Posted by LoliLoveFart View Post
What is your proposed change, make every LMG the same?
Yeah strafe speed makes a difference against bad players, anyone who can lead it means nothing. Unless you hipfire of course in which case ADS doesnt matter either.
I'd rather the VS LMGs had the ammo capacity of the NC and TR over the .25 movement speed.
Strafing makes a difference with people in close skill, is much easier to go in and out of cover.....Being a slow moving target is not good, no matter what.

100 rounds really suck BTW, slow reload times....I rather have .25 movement speed, with quick reload times...50 bullets is enough to destroy ppl, if u run out, then sprint like crazy and reload ASAP
__________________
Dreamcast is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-30, 04:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
Emperor Newt
Second Lieutenant
 
Re: No Heavy Assault LMG deserves .75 ADS speed...VS.


So yeah you might have more time playing Planetside 2( I played a lot in beta since August btw).....But I have kills,actual combat experience saying I know more about HA than you do.
Thank you for watching todays episode of:
"The Internet, E-Penis and why nobody cares to argue"
Emperor Newt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-30, 11:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #43
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel
 
maradine's Avatar
 
Re: No Heavy Assault LMG deserves .75 ADS speed...VS.


When the argument degrades into "I'm looking at your stats to justify my argument", you automatically lose. It's like Godwin's Law for game forums. You've exhausted rational discourse and are now that guy.
maradine is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-30, 01:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Varsam
Staff Sergeant
 
Re: No Heavy Assault LMG deserves .75 ADS speed...VS.


Originally Posted by Dreamcast View Post
To be honest, looking at your stats, I dont think you know much about HA.
You talk a lot of smack for a guy that only plays HA (read: you know how to play 5% of this game), so I don't think you know much about anything.

If you wanna talk stats, I have a better SPM, KDR, and accuracy rating than you. So when I tell you that you're wrong and that asymmetrical design between faction is a good thing, go ahead and take a look at my stats. That's all the proof you should need apparently. I'll leave logical discourse to the people who've already invested the time in it in this thread, since you don't really listen to it anyway.
__________________



Last edited by Varsam; 2013-05-30 at 01:54 PM.
Varsam is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-30, 04:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
ddeamorin
Private
 
ddeamorin's Avatar
 
Re: No Heavy Assault LMG deserves .75 ADS speed...VS.


Did you complain about the striker!?GADZOOKS man that and lockdown frac maxes are prob my two biggest points of severe butthurt too damn effective
ddeamorin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Bookmarks

Discord

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:22 AM.

Content © 2002-2013, PlanetSide-Universe.com, All rights reserved.
PlanetSide and the SOE logo are registered trademarks of Sony Online Entertainment Inc. © 2004 Sony Online Entertainment Inc. All rights reserved.
All other trademarks or tradenames are properties of their respective owners.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.