Just coming back to PS1, got a few questions. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Cancer sucks!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2014-05-11, 02:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Aycardus
Private

Just coming back to PS1, got a few questions.

Hello, I'm Aycardus, and just a few days ago I found out PS1 has gone free to play and I've been playing since. Now, I've played PS1 for a few years when I was pretty young. My dad, brother, and I played together, and my dad rolled with the Blue Lions. We had a ton of fun.

Coming back, we were wondering roughly how many people are playing PS1 right now actively? Not looking for something exact, just an estimate.

Are there any serious outfits still out there on any of the factions?

Would it be worth it to put in the time an effort in creating a serious outfit on NC?
Old 2014-05-11, 02:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
OpolE
Sergeant Major

Re: Just coming back to PS1, got a few questions.

Feels like 100v100v100 at the moment. Sunday. Not sure about making serious outfit but theres quite a few not outfitters running around.

4000+ Hours of PS1
Old 2014-05-11, 07:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Taramafor
Sergeant Major

Lots of action. Seems to be max pop. Heck, yesterday the whole TR army was taking the last base on a planet. I'm not kidding, the base was crawling and it was swarming. On both sides. We won of course.

Today it was a three way. Tons of action there too.

TRG is holding raid nights once a week (still sort of being determined). Thinking about volunteering myself to hold PS1 nights on a more regular bases though. Only problem there is my time zone *Waves angry first of doom at his UK time zone*

Last edited by Taramafor; 2014-05-11 at 10:18 PM.
Old 2014-05-12, 05:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Zulthus
Colonel

What server are you guys playing on?
Old 2014-05-12, 06:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
ringring
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post
What server are you guys playing on?
The one! The only! The never to be forgot! Gemmmiiinnniiiii!
Old 2014-05-12, 08:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Babyfark McGeez
Captain

Yeah, the server is surprisingly busy each time i play. Due to only having one server the time of the day isn't really a factor and on weekends you can see orange or even red alerts.
Yes you read that right, R E D A L E R T S !! When i saw one last weekend i nearly jizzed my pants. On weekdays it's naturally slower, but even then you can find a yellow alert here and there.

As for outfits, my TR lady is in "BRTD", which had some activity going on and is also one of the very, very old outfits, which i like. I'm currently levelling up a VS guy though (mainly due to their poor pop everytime i log on, and because i just need my vanu fix, ha), and the outfit he's in (Something with "original", lol i actually forgot the name - "Original District" maybe?) has some members and activity aswell.
I'm not sure how "serious" both outfits are playing right now. Can't really comment on NC because i don't have a NC char but from what i've heard they lack some proper outfit play(?) so might be worth a shot to try and set up a good one there.
Old 2014-05-12, 10:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Aycardus
Private

Yeah, I was in that fight on Ishundar yesterday defending that one and only base we had. Didn't get to see the end, had to log off early.

I think we will make an attempt to bring up an outfit. I love NC, but not a lot of people are listening to each other right now. When we do, however, we are owning the battlefield.
Old 2014-05-12, 01:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Taramafor
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Aycardus View Post
but not a lot of people are listening to each other right now. When we do, however, we are owning the battlefield.
Alas, this is the problem. I can't count the number of times I've called for gunners/passengers in an attempt to go for a tube attack at the back door of an enemy base only to sit there for minutes on end. Instead everyone would rather go on foot from towers where they can easily get hit in the open instead of moving up to the wall in a raider or jug.
Old 2014-05-12, 07:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Logit
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Taramafor View Post
Alas, this is the problem. I can't count the number of times I've called for gunners/passengers in an attempt to go for a tube attack at the back door of an enemy base only to sit there for minutes on end. Instead everyone would rather go on foot from towers where they can easily get hit in the open instead of moving up to the wall in a raider or jug.
A lot of people still don't know how to play, I've actually been surprised at how many people are trying it out.

Even from a base to a tower it can be a long trip, but when you look at a map it doesn't seem that way.

It's tough to get people organized in such an old game. It would definitely make for a more enjoyable experience for everyone though if squads were more organized. PS in it's hay day beats any experience I had in PS2
Old 2014-05-13, 03:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Taramafor View Post
Just cut them off as they're running in the field with the gunner door towards them. They will have to stop to think when presented with this opportunity and so far... EVERYONE gets in my Thundy. Even in my Sunderer!

And if you do a good run, they'll be hooked.

Last edited by Figment; 2014-05-13 at 03:39 AM.
Old 2014-05-13, 03:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Figment
Lieutenant General

Oh and don't forget to communicate what you're up to or ask them personally (and instruct them how to reply or send messages since many don't always seem to know).
Old 2014-05-13, 03:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Furber
First Sergeant

Seriously though, what time are you guys seeing a ton of population? The past few days I've been logging in occasionally between 2:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. CST and have barely seen TR positions go below 95 (which should indicate about 40 TR on cont, not that many ppl compared to a week ago) even when TR has the highest global pop. I'm very interested to know when everyone is getting on because I've been worrying about the pop dwindling.

Last edited by Furber; 2014-05-13 at 03:46 AM.
Old 2014-05-13, 03:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Figment
Lieutenant General

Weekends are your best bets. I usualy log on between 19:30 and 24:00 CET. Pops were around 60-70 spots left then on NC.
Old 2014-05-13, 07:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Logit
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Furber View Post
Seriously though, what time are you guys seeing a ton of population? The past few days I've been logging in occasionally between 2:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. CST and have barely seen TR positions go below 95 (which should indicate about 40 TR on cont, not that many ppl compared to a week ago) even when TR has the highest global pop. I'm very interested to know when everyone is getting on because I've been worrying about the pop dwindling.
The pop is going to dwindle : / Not much we can do to stop it. There's enough people for fights though, so we might as well shoot some guns!
Old 2014-05-13, 10:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
ncfan
Private

yeah nc pop was crap tonight. only 20% global nc pop. most of the nc logged after waiting at interlink voltan for the the interfarm. it went down quick sad to see both of our home conts turned red as well
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion