NC base wide bombardment! - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: in Smed we trust.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-04-02, 08:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Camping Carl
Major

Good points NeoTassadar.
To many infantry coming out after you would be doom, especially infiltrators. And reavers would be bad news as well, tho that really depends if you have enough time to launch a volley at them.
And snipers = dead phoenix squad
however:
1. Not if you have enough! HAHAHAA!!!
5. doubt it
6. Tanks are the main target, cause they can't retreat underground. And that way when you do attack, you don't have to fight them.
7. Not the point of my plan, or were you refering to Peacemaker's original idea?

Also, something I hadn't thought of before, Phoenix's would be perfect for taking out base turrets.

Vanu still suck....
Old 2003-04-02, 09:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
shodan
Sergeant

But if they're was a phoenix squad trying to lock-down a base I think just three people in a Marauder would route the squad. It would be too fast for a guided missile and by the time you were reloaded it would be on top of you. Probably literaly, on top of you.

This is only my $0.02 worth but I don't think SOE are aiming for a siege like game where you have attackers bombarding a base from afar, I think they plan on it being more of a case of charging the base. Just using bombardment would kind of render the AMS obsolete

[Join BOA] [Visit BOA]
Go On, You Know It Makes Sense!
Old 2003-04-02, 09:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Peacemaker
Contributor
Major General

Well the thing im trying to get across here is that we launch a volly of missles all at the same time making sure that we have diffrent targets. Destroy as many as possible then jump into the enforcers and drive off to another base. Even one volly will create some havoc. Eventualy return to the base the defenders wont be as much on gaurd. Rinse and repeat. My point about drawing off defenders comes much later after about 5 trips around they will get awfuly mad and give chase, not all of them but its still better than all of them defending the base, no? Infantry would be very easy prey for direct to near direct hits. Watch some videos the phnxs can dive and stuff so id use them like kamakazi stukas! Go up high look for a target and drop down on them.
Old 2003-04-02, 09:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Camping Carl
Major

shodan,

True, the ideal plan would be a force of say 10 or so max suits, 10-15 phoenix guys, and some support infantry, hackers, medics, that kind of thing.

First they find a spot behind a hill, the max's and support inf. take up positions to protect or revive/heal them if nessecary.

Then they proceed to blow up any vehicals gaurding the base, and then all the base turrets they possibly can.

The point of this is simply to reduce the defenders to max suits and infantry, once this is accomplished, the attackers imediatley charge into the base with tanks, inf., max suits, an AMS or two and take it the normal way. The whole point is weaken enemy outside defenses to the point where seting up attacking positions using AMS's within the base walls is possible.

Vanu still suck....
Old 2003-04-02, 09:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
cell.nerve
Corporal

I'm gonna say one thing to clear this all up, someone up at sony might get pissed but like 1000 of u guys are wondering about the mysterious missle. It locks on to vehicles only, and turns kinda somewhat ok, no 90 degree angles or anything, but the lil SOB will turn. Reason i know is this because i was vanu and the lil POS followed my mosquito around a buncha trees and drilled me into the ground faster than i can say "breaking the NDA"

Old 2003-04-02, 10:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Vis Armata
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Originally posted by Camping Carl
Phoenix squads as you described would be pretty much pointless against infantry in an enemy base, but they'd be perfect for clearing max's and vehicals out.
I could see this happening, but not in the scale the starter of the post wants. I think the squads are going to have to be more balanced than that, or else they will be taken out by a semi-conscious opponent that can devise a counter-strategy to massive rocket attacks. Stick to drawing out armor and MAXs, and not have 10 people tied up firing rockets.

My $0.02

Vis
Old 2003-04-02, 01:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
NeoTassadar
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by Camping Carl
Good points NeoTassadar.
To many infantry coming out after you would be doom, especially infiltrators. And reavers would be bad news as well, tho that really depends if you have enough time to launch a volley at them.
And snipers = dead phoenix squad
however:
1. Not if you have enough! HAHAHAA!!!
5. doubt it
6. Tanks are the main target, cause they can't retreat underground. And that way when you do attack, you don't have to fight them.
7. Not the point of my plan, or were you refering to Peacemaker's original idea?

Also, something I hadn't thought of before, Phoenix's would be perfect for taking out base turrets.
5. You'd be surprised...
6+7. Refering to Peacemaker's idea.

Yes, dead turrets
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion