Dop's White Paper - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: You magnificent bastard, I salute you!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-12-26, 11:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
EVILoHOMER
Major

i say they add more empire only werapons and vehivals and take grief off and tkers
Old 2003-12-26, 01:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Doppler
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by EVILoHOMER
i say they add more empire only werapons and vehivals and take grief off and tkers
ERRRR?????

Doppler/Galgimp-J/Hardcased

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.
Old 2003-12-26, 01:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by EVILoHOMER

Old 2003-12-26, 01:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
TheN00b
Colonel

Homer, care to explain?
Old 2003-12-26, 05:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Rayder
General

Misc Info

He wants more empire specific weapons (i agree), and more vehicles (All I want is my Heavy Assault Tank). Then he says he wants for friendly fire to be taken away, which is a bad idea.
Old 2003-12-27, 09:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
Otherick
Sergeant Major

i agree how would i get to laugh at my freind when i knifed him in the spawn room for the remark he just made
Old 2003-12-27, 10:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Bunkers are static defenses, not a place for CR5s to hang out and make command calls. Some have tunnels that link them to the other bunker about twenty meters away... worthless.

Bunkers are designed to be a defensive strongpoint. DEFENSIVE. Simply sitting there all pretty-like is not defensive, it's rather offensive in that my senses of strategy and tactics and working knowledge of defensive perimeters are offended.

A bunker should have a built-in weapons system. Pillboxes in Hawai'i featured shore batteries in case of enemy ships, and they had anti-air flak cannons, machine guns, and mortars. Modern-day bunkers are equipped with a zig-zagging double-back entrance system so tossing a grenade inside isn't that easy, and they have a WEAPONS SYSTEM (hint, Sporkfire, I see you coming here). For more details, on a kick-ass idea that has 3d graphics and is highly well-thought-out, see ZOMBIESIDE

Something along the lines of a cannon upwards of 20mm (no rotary-12, that thing sucks), a modified Phalanx turret (remove the armor and "cockpit", just put the gun there), or a completely new machine gun specifically designed for bunkers and only bunkers. You can even sling a grenade launcher underneath, so you've got a machine gun and an area-effect weapon.

And yes, TheN00B, you're supposed to be able to clean a bunker with something like a grenade, Thumper or a Decimator, if not a Marauder mortar or 75mm cannon. That's what they do, and that's why the flamethrower was invented for 20th century combat.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion