Vanguard Vs. Prowler - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Friends? Psshhh I got PlanetSide.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-03-23, 06:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

If the Prowlers lost I would be surprised
I wouldnt. One of the things my outfit was known for was armor collums. After a while we finally figured out it was better to take the man out of the useless 12mm and put them into Skyguards and Deliverers. Like I said before the Vanguard armor more than makes up for "easy guns" or any slight DPS advantage. Now of course we are talking a tank duel. I think the prowler excells in certain roles but dueling a Vanguard is most defininately not one of them.

Now of course this is before all the ammo box changes. I havent crewed a Vanguard since then so dont really know if its nerfed or not and never really played the 12mm after the patch either. I know before the patch wasting your 12mm shooting at anything but aircraft was idiotic. Well, I guess you could go after the occasional MAX suit, but you better have ammo left for a reaver

Last edited by Queensidecastle; 2004-03-23 at 06:08 PM.
Old 2004-03-23, 06:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Krinsath
Sergeant Major

Prowler - has to be very careful to actually score a hit on the Vanguard on level ground...slightly easier if the tanks are on inclines.

Vanguard - has to aim at the middle of the Prowler and even if the Prowler is moving at top speed, the 150mm will probably land smack dab in the middle.

Every armor battle I've seen between any numbers of Vanguards and Prowlers (meaning more than 1v1 or 2v1...like 3 Van v 5 Prowl on up) the Vanguard is the one that ends up driving away (not always in good shape...but a battered victor is better than a loser).
Old 2004-03-23, 08:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
LimpBIT
Lieutenant Colonel

ive seen 50 vans versus about 60 prowlers and the vans won. I was there and gunning for one of the vans they got their ass kicked. It was all organized and stuff. If i remember correctly it was on Searhus.

Edit: sorry i exagerated it was about 35 vans and 45 prowlers.

Last edited by LimpBIT; 2004-03-23 at 08:16 PM.
Old 2004-03-23, 08:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
JakeLogan
Major

the one with the most CR5's just set up a shit load of Os'es your sure to nail a good number of them then just clean up.
Old 2004-03-23, 08:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Doop
Major

The Vanguard owns the Prowler. Hands down. It's faster, it has more armor, and has r33t guns (the Prowler might have dual guns, but the 150mm is strong as hell, and the 100mm's don't fire at the same time). The Vanguard has, for the longest time, been the best of the tanks. And the Prowler has, apparently, been the worst. But, if the Prowler has 2 really good gunners, they could beat a Van.
Old 2004-03-23, 08:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
ZeroShadow
Private

Well if the 100vans and 100 prowlers only shot 1 at a time the prowler would win but if they hit the same targets the van.
Old 2004-03-23, 10:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Cauldron Borne
Captain

It has never made sence to he how prowlers are the slowest tanks and 2nd weakest/strongest armor and the second weakest/strongest guns, while the van has the heaviest armor, heaviest gun and still goes faster than the prowler...

If anything the armors need to be switched, once, if ever, that happens, I will answer your post.

SPAM SONG! (Yes, it DOES exist kiddies.)
Old 2004-03-24, 02:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
hazzer2007
Sergeant Major

I say prowlers as it has 2 weapons that can work at one time, as vangard needs to change from one to the other.
Old 2004-03-24, 04:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
flypengy
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Firefly
Neither.

It's the crew that counts, not the tank.
Old 2004-03-24, 06:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Mag-Mower
General

Misc Info

but the crew is equally skilled...
Old 2004-03-24, 07:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Heavygain
Lieutenant Colonel

Considering the stats between the two, i would defiantly say vangaurd. The MG's dont do much against heavy armor (think about flying a mossie and attacking a vangaurd with 12mm, ive done it, takes frikken forever to kill it) Also, i can only think of one way the prowlers would win, if they all had Manitou driving them, and the van's didnt. An ex outfit mate tested everything against the two and the difference wasnt even funny, 1 Vangaurd=more ownage than a pair of mags.
Old 2004-03-24, 10:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
ZeroShadow
Private

doop said
The Vanguard owns the Prowler. Hands down.
No they don't, and i have the video to prove it.
Old 2004-03-24, 11:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by ZeroShadow
No they don't, and i have the video to prove it.
Please show.

Old 2004-03-24, 11:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Liquidtide
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by BUGGER
Ever read Ender's Game?
A long time ago like 10 years, I remember loving it though, but hated the sequal book. Refresh my memory what this has to do with this topic though. Also have you read A Planet Called Treason by the same author Orson Card? Excellent read.

~Tide
Old 2004-03-24, 12:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
scarpas
Captain

vanguards would win hands down, unless the prowlers had all guners and outnumbered them.

yeah the enders game series are sometimes good, sometimes bad, but there are 6 now, and btw, the second isnt that bad compared to many other books.

oh and btw when i was with redx's gang it usually took 3 prowlers to 1 van to not lose a prowler in the fight... and we were highly organised and on ts

Last edited by scarpas; 2004-03-24 at 12:32 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion