Doesn't PSU Deserve credit? - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where you can ask the devs!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-28, 03:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #61
WritheNC
First Lieutenant

If you were not the one that started the claim that some three guys on emerald created it, then whoever told you that is in the wrong.

Playing the part of Earl was Ash. Joe was played by our very own Malorn and Stranley the Vanu was played by Bamelin. Thank you.
You mean that quote? That was a joke. The person took 3 of the most popular(or in Bamelin's case, notorious) names of CR5's and tacked them to the voices in the file. One from each empire. It was a suggestion made in jest to be funny, not serious.

Just for the record, when I first listened to these, I had no idea they were made by Flynt and hosted by PSU. I come to PSU to read the headlines, forums, and post once in a while. I rarely, if ever, look at any other link. Until I read this thread, I had no idea it was so because I read the thread which Vash started when it only had 2 replies.

Personally, I find just about everyone involved to be a little irresponsible in their own way. Vash should have edited his initial post, I think Hamma overreacted just a little, and the OF trolls did what they always do: troll.

Most of all, the PSU community members who hold themselves in so much higher regard than OF people merely because the flamers do not come here became flamers on the OF themselves. I was a little disappointed in the loss of civility and maturity on your part, since I expected you to "walk the walk" after reading month after month of OF bashing from many of you.

There are a lot of great people on both forums. Sadly, it may never come to pass that the good-natured and well-meaning people of both forums won't ever co-exist until they shake the stereotypes from first impressions and bad examples(ie. "PSU is full of a bunch of Nazi jerks." or "Everyone on the OF is stupid and should burn in hell.")
Old 2004-04-28, 08:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #62
Hamma
PSU Admin

The above are not examples of a psycho, with or without a buzzcut. What they are examples of, and excellent ones at that I might add, is why an eight year old should never, ever, be given a Mac for his birthday. He'll never use it for his homework and will inevitably end up making an ass of himself to the general public on the internet.

Buzz, your not a board warrior, hell, you're not even a good troll. Please do the world a favor and never, under any circumstances, reproduce. In fact, if you let me know where you live I'll be happy to call to make and appointment for a vasectomy for you. Wait...what am I saying? You'd have to be able to get laid to reproduce! Whew, we're safe.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2004-04-28, 01:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #63
Ghryphen
PSU Code Monkey

You mean that quote? That was a joke. The person took 3 of the most popular(or in Bamelin's case, notorious) names of CR5's and tacked them to the voices in the file. One from each empire. It was a suggestion made in jest to be funny, not serious.
Sorry, it was over my head then. I play Markov and the names mean nothing to me, so in viewing, it read like someone taking credit for it.

Twitter | Dragon Wolves
Old 2004-04-28, 02:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #64
Dharkbayne
Lieutenant General

Yeah, I hardly ever play, and I never read the OF's , so I've only heard those names a few times.

+200 Cool Pts
Old 2004-04-28, 03:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #65
VashLash
Private

but you HOSTED IT YOUR SELF TO AVOID ANY LINK TO THE PSU SITE. Dumbass.
If you still havent understood this yet, I didnt host them. He posted them on the site
here http://www.gotir.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=151 and here http://www.gotir.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=152 I am that worried to waste time making a whole website with forums and seperate names only to fool you. And where did I "fucking lie" as someone else said above? The only thing I lied about was...oh wait, nothing. I never said I created them or that they are mine.
Old 2004-04-28, 03:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #66
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

You didn't say who did either.
Old 2004-04-28, 03:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #67
Vick
Second Lieutenant

This is so fucking stupid, who cares, just post and say who made it.

moral of this story: ohh noes!1
Old 2004-04-28, 04:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #68
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

nerf the moral!
Old 2004-04-28, 05:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #69
Hamma
PSU Admin

This thread officially sucks now.

Old 2004-04-28, 06:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #70
JakeLogan
Major

Originally Posted by Hamma
This thread officially sucks now.
Indeed
Old 2004-04-28, 06:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #71
VashLash
Private

Originally Posted by Lartnev
You didn't say who did either.
Um, try reading the whole post before replying. I didnt KNOW WHO MADE IT when I posted it.
Old 2004-04-28, 06:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #72
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

I read your whole post, but I guess you didn't read mine. I asked if it was possible to edit your post now that you do know who made it. That's all
Old 2004-04-28, 06:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #73
VashLash
Private

I think everyone on the OF knows it is PSU "property" after the arguments. No need to edit my posts. Not planning to either.
Old 2004-04-28, 06:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #74
Hamma
PSU Admin

What a surprise, I didnt really expect you to do it. Your first post made that pretty obvious

If you ever do some work and post it I will be sure to post it on the front of PSU and not post a link.

Old 2004-04-28, 06:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #75
keaoi
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by VashLash
I think everyone on the OF knows it is PSU "property" after the arguments. No need to edit my posts. Not planning to either.
To preserve some sort of dignity? Some sort of pride? To keep the hits and 5star ratings coming? I'm pretty sure its one of them. Just edit your first post, seeing as how it is the first thing to be seen on the thread, and no implication that PSU is even involved is even made until half way down the page.

You may be safe with your oh so high quality company of the OF, but here everyone see's what your doing, and you still refuse to fix it. You cant just close your eyes and hope it goes away. You fucked up, and still won't admit it or apoligise for it. Grow up.