Saturday 23rd May - Celebrate 12 years of Planetside [Dev-BBurness online] - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: radiating your optics since 2002
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2015-05-24, 04:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Figment
Lieutenant General

Re: Saturday 23rd May - Celebrate 12 years of Planetside [Dev-BBurness online]

Logged in coincidentally yesterday, happened to listen to some ps1 music and wanted some scenery to go with it, very nice surprise to see so many online.
Old 2015-05-24, 04:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
BeatCrazed
Private

What happened? Did everybody leave so soon after the event?
I mean, usually we get about a week of decent pops on the anniversary.
Old 2015-05-24, 06:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Logit
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by BeatCrazed View Post
Chances are your best bet was to play yesterday. Hackers are so bad in this game they can make it unplayable for everyone. A dev was kind enough to log on for a few hours and play, but I doubt that will happen again until maybe next year

That being said I had a blast with everyone who was able to log on. I think DEVB said we peaked around 120 players? It was nice to be a part of some actual vehicle fights for a change.
Old 2015-05-24, 04:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
MasterChief096
Sergeant Major

Once the dev logged off, hackers came in, ruined it with pull hacking.

Combine that with the fact that neither Daybreak or PSU emailed people that the 12th anniversary was coming up and the game is free, and you end up with dead pops the same day as the event.

We peaked about 120 people though, as noted above. Was good fun. Had a six and a half hour session scored over 180 kills.
Old 2015-05-24, 06:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
BeatCrazed
Private

Such a shame that they can ruin the game so easily.
Old 2015-05-25, 06:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Logit
Second Lieutenant

Such a shame that they can ruin the game so easily.
It is. People still enjoy playing the game. i don't think the population would be in the 1000s or anything, but I think there would be a solid population to at last enjoy some game time.

I mean people still play the game full on knowing hackers are going to ruin it eventually for them.
Old 2015-05-26, 05:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Babyfark McGeez
Captain

No, the real shame is that the people responsible for moderating their own shit (DBG/SOE) refuse to do it and even told us that they "don't work for free" when we offered them to do their fucking job.

That's the real shame and tells you volumes about the piss poor state the video game industry is in.
Old 2015-05-26, 11:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Logit
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Babyfark McGeez View Post
No, the real shame is that the people responsible for moderating their own shit (DBG/SOE) refuse to do it and even told us that they "don't work for free" when we offered them to do their fucking job.

That's the real shame and tells you volumes about the piss poor state the video game industry is in.
I don't think anyone is arguing this fact. SOE was never known for continued game development or support.

It's not surprising they needed to be bought out. Hopefully someone in the building will change the culture of their outlook on games, but I doubt it. They are still making money after all.
Old 2015-06-04, 06:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Figment
Lieutenant General

One of the problems is that nobody dares touch the PS1 server anymore at SOE ever since it was transfered to the west coast. Looks like they have nobody with the experience to fix it.

Asked the GM if he could change the cave bases so all empires had equal cave bases. He said he couldn't touch the caves in any way, cause it might destabilise the server. :/
Old 2015-06-05, 04:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
ToxicWolf
Private

The Event was the most pleasure I've had for a very long time, because previously having to deal with Hackers constantly most days, trying to destroy what's left of this game, sending tells saying to me 'Get off of this game for good' and such like, its soul destroying really. Anyway thx to the Dev for staying on so long to help us all to have a good Hack free & fair fight. and I realised I wasn't as bad at killing as I thought, hmm wonder why!
Tox
Old 2015-06-07, 04:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
ringring
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by ToxicWolf View Post
The Event was the most pleasure I've had for a very long time, because previously having to deal with Hackers constantly most days, trying to destroy what's left of this game, sending tells saying to me 'Get off of this game for good' and such like, its soul destroying really. Anyway thx to the Dev for staying on so long to help us all to have a good Hack free & fair fight. and I realised I wasn't as bad at killing as I thought, hmm wonder why!
Tox
Hey Tox how're doing. I have to say I admire you lot who are still 'keeping the faith', I can't unfortunately.

I've logged in occasionally like Figgy above to loo at the scenery and I was surprised to see quite a few outcasters on the outfit list had also logged in with the last 30 days ... actually not too different from OC in ps2 who done likewise.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion