How Soe should show planetside 2 at e3 my idea ! Whats yours ? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where's my Doritos and Pepsi?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Do you like the overall idea ?
Yes i like the idea ! 24 64.86%
It could be nice but i dont care ! 9 24.32%
No i do not aproove this idea ! 4 10.81%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-05-04, 06:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Stew
Major

Thumbs up How Soe should show planetside 2 at e3 my idea ! Whats yours ?

I think in order to really show how planetside should feel !

Soe should show how the roles take place and How amasing working as a team could be and how important team work is !

Look at this killzone 2 multiplayer trailers it was amasingly great to see each class and a team in action

Planetside 2 is a game base on Leadership roles , scouting , recon , engineer , assault and i think they must creat a great choregraphie Base on team work that show how each roles shine and how amasing the game will be while playing as a real team !

Hope we will not just see a dev running around and looking for whats he can show off

I would like to see a TEAM demonstration because Planetside is all about team work For the GDC press conference as a exemple it feel more like a lone wolf game where theyre is many players around

I would something that really show whats planetside or ps2 is all about tactics combinaison of class guns vehicules strategies etc...

like having some strategies use and explain to the public to really show that planetside is war and strategics ones NOT JUST A BIG CLUSTER FUCK but also show that chaos situation could be their but alway with a strategic element on top of it !

PS2 as it roots is a RTS FPS game with real people ! i would like SOE to show thats and planned the E3 demo around thats taking the best testers and making them take a roles having headset and show the comunication going on and the leaders calling up big lines of the strategies Squad leaders taking their roles etc..

whats u guys think ?

And dont forget to lisent the Killzone 2 video because it is important as a exemple Thanks for your time !

Last edited by Stew; 2012-05-24 at 08:01 AM.
Old 2012-05-04, 06:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Immigrant
First Lieutenant

Re: How Soe should show planetside 2 at e3 my idea ! Whats yours ?

It would be nice (except I hope for a longer video) but I'll settle for whatever they throw at us.
Old 2012-05-04, 08:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
headcrab13
Second Lieutenant

I definitely like the idea of showing off the many different roles during the E3 demo.

Higby and team did an awesome job of showing off infantry combat and vehicles at GDC, and I'd like to see more roles like infiltration, hacking, engineering, medic, and a more extended demo of LA and it's applications like climbing up huge structures and sniping from above.
Old 2012-05-04, 09:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Tatwi
Contributor
Major

1. Booth with hot babes in costume.
2. Playable demo.
3. Devs and community reps on hand to give out swag and take a picture of fans posing with hot babes in costume.

Worked for Everquest so why change the plan now??!!

Oh, and T-Ray + fedora for the girls to get excited too - it's an equal opportunity world these days ya know!
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-05-04, 09:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
RadarX
PlanetSide 2
Community Manager

Originally Posted by Tatwi View Post
1. Booth with hot babes in costume.
2. Playable demo.
3. Devs and community reps on hand to give out swag and take a picture of fans posing with hot babes in costume.

Worked for Everquest so why change the plan now??!!

Oh, and T-Ray + fedora for the girls to get excited too - it's an equal opportunity world these days ya know!
E3 has changed a bit since EQ but the ideas you guys are putting forward is the direction things are going. Expect some excitement to come out of the show and not just for the media.
Old 2012-05-04, 09:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
RawketLawnchair
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by RadarX View Post
E3 has changed a bit since EQ but the ideas you guys are putting forward is the direction things are going. Expect some excitement to come out of the show and not just for the media.

Niiiiiccceeee.
Old 2012-05-04, 09:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Stardouser
Colonel

Are you guys ever going to sell PS2 t-shirts, hats, etc? Good advertising!

Spaceballs the...I mean, Planetside: The Flamethrower!
Old 2012-05-04, 09:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Tatwi
Contributor
Major

Lol... Did .... Not expect... Dev reply...

So in all seriousness, Stew had some great ideas there. Showcasing the kinds of things people can actually do together would be great. PS2 isn't like any other MMO, because without other players there isn't anything to do but admire the scenery. However, when you get a few hundred of your closest friends together, the variety of game play will blow you away, so to speak.
Old 2012-05-04, 09:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Gandhi
First Lieutenant

I think Konami had the right idea in 2010. It was so wrong that it was right

Old 2012-05-04, 10:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
WellWisherELF
Corporal

I'm inferring that means no beta pre E3. sad elf

Old 2012-05-04, 11:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Xyntech
Brigadier General

I'd like to see something like the killzone video only more in depth. Show off as much as possible for each class in a concise way.

Show off that an engi repairs vehicles and MAXes, but also sets up machine guns in the field, but also can use high explosives.

Show off an Infiltrator getting some knife and pistol kills, placing C4 on the back of a MAX, and using the sniper rifle to get kills from afar.

Show off a bunch of the medics fancy toys.

That sort of thing. It doesn't have to be too long, but just show off a wide depth of roles for each class.

Maybe even devote one short video to each class. Maybe do the same for some of the vehicles as well.

Do the whole thing scripted so that it can show exactly how hypothetical gameplay would really look, without having to stress over recording actual gameplay. As long as it is using real in game assets, and none of the people in the video are doing anything that can't be done in game, it should be fine.
Old 2012-05-04, 11:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Saieno
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Misc Info

I still say its a beta announcement. June 15th right? Somewhere around there I would imagine, makes the most sense from what I can gather. Releasing beta before E3 leaves you looking kind of sheepish with "So we're currently in beta..." while potentials are thinking "I didn't hear about that, must not be that great." However, announcing beta at E3 not only allows you to get everyone pumped up about Planetside 2, but it also gets everyone pumped about registering for the beta that would be starting soon.

I say June 15th because it gives enough time from E3 for new potentials to register, download the client if accepted, and also lands on a Friday to allow people all weekend to test appropriately. If you announce beta too far out, then all the excitement from E3 just goes to waste. This is all speculation of course, but makes the more sense to me.
Old 2012-05-04, 11:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
SurgeonX
Staff Sergeant

You're definitely on the right lines there Stew.
The E3 demo needs to demonstrate the most unique aspects of PS2, scale, co-ordination and team work.

I still think the best way to do this would be to give all of the PSU community access to the Alpha for E3 only

Want to browse through hundreds of PlanetSide 2 images?
Or just see what Higby eats for lunch?
Then click here
Old 2012-05-04, 12:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
MacXXcaM
Contributor
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by SurgeonX View Post
You're definitely on the right lines there Stew.
The E3 demo needs to demonstrate the most unique aspects of PS2, scale, co-ordination and team work.
What about gore? ;P
Old 2012-05-04, 01:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Bluecewe
Private

As you said, all they really need to do is get up on stage, set up as many computers as there are classes, and have several of the developers play together, discussing tactics as they do so.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion