association with free to play - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Got medkits?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-06-09, 05:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Nasher
Sergeant

Re: association with free to play

Originally Posted by IMMentat View Post
Nice to see Hi-Rez may finally be getting the right idea but thats 2 games they have released that I have loved the game but hated the #cost# of (be it time-per item or money). Unless the seas part, the items drop in price and the game not punish casual players as hard, I doubt I will go back to tribes or global agenda often (if at all).
Hmm I dunno. I paid for the basic VIP pack on Ascend (which was £20 I think) and then another £6 a few months later and I unlocked pretty much everything I wanted with that. By the time the 30 booster ended I had something like 200k XP to spend as well.

That's about what you would pay for a similar retail game and tbh Ascend is the best FPS I've played in years. You can do far worse for more a lot more money (like CoD).

Last edited by Nasher; 2012-06-09 at 05:07 PM.
Old 2012-06-09, 05:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Vashyo
First Sergeant

Even the people who don't pay a dime still can attract more paying customers in to the game and if they hold sales on items, people will buy em just because they think they are getting value for their money.

There's many ways to do it right and wrong, I think Tribes did a bad decision because just unlocking one gun takes lot more time than the average person spends on a single shooter.

Some players will also leave the game if they feel like they're not making any progress, the more time people invest in a game the more likely they will start buying items.

Last edited by Vashyo; 2012-06-09 at 05:12 PM.
Old 2012-06-09, 05:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
ArmedZealot
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Nasher View Post
Hmm I dunno. I paid for the basic VIP pack on Ascend (which was £20 I think) and then another £6 a few months later and I unlocked pretty much everything I wanted with that. By the time the 30 booster ended I had something like 200k XP to spend as well.

That's about what you would pay for a similar retail game and tbh Ascend is the best FPS I've played in years. You can do far worse for more a lot more money (like CoD).
I have a similar experience with Tribes.

So far the only people I have found that are complaining are the ones that don't spend money on it.
Old 2012-06-09, 05:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Verruna
Private

Too many people getting hell bent on talking about freeloaders, i'm going to be supporting the game throughout, and also happy i dont have to pay 60 bucks upfront for such a awesome game. But for a f2p game to keep population, you have to keep the freebies somewhat happy with how long it takes to unlock something, freebies in turn keep people who spend money happier, as the battles STAY HUGE! Theres a good balance between freebie unlocks and desire to unlock stuff instantly and/or faster, i'm really hoping the devs hit this right, or the game won't be successful.
Old 2012-06-10, 08:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
Crator
Major General

It's been said many times by SOE devs, "Players are the content!". Why would one make their content pay to be content?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion