Planetside Optimisation Issues a.k.a FPS issues - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: We see your stuff!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-03-27, 01:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
PhoenixTypeX
Corporal

Planetside Optimisation Issues a.k.a FPS issues

After the surge changes I strongly feel that the dev's should sort out the way the game is optimised and these FPS issues. I mean I should be getting more than 65FPS while im stood still and just staring at the wall. I have a good computer and connection too by the way so that is not the issue. I hope I am right in saying this but does planetside render everything in your'e line of sight? surely this is the problem and render distances should be cut down. Please don't flame if this is wrong or just not the issue creating FPS problems. I just think as a paying customer the devs should make the game more playable without FPS issues before balancing as this is just more important. I love the game it's just this narks me right off.
Old 2004-03-27, 01:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Spee
Colonel

Originally Posted by PhoenixTypeX
After the surge changes I strongly feel that the dev's should sort out the way the game is optimised and these FPS issues. I mean I should be getting more than 65FPS while im stood still and just staring at the wall. I have a good computer and connection too by the way so that is not the issue. I hope I am right in saying this but does planetside render everything in your'e line of sight? surely this is the problem and render distances should be cut down. Please don't flame if this is wrong or just not the issue creating FPS problems. I just think as a paying customer the devs should make the game more playable without FPS issues before balancing as this is just more important. I love the game it's just this narks me right off.

qwitcher bitching. I played PS with 10 FPS in battles of all sizes, and 4 FPS in a zerg.
Old 2004-03-27, 02:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Onizuka-GTO
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Spee
qwitcher bitching. I played PS with 10 FPS in battles of all sizes, and 4 FPS in a zerg.
mmm..I think you just validated his point.

As for me, i get around 10-15 fps too. its so annoying that i can't crank up my video card t othe maximum just because I can't even play if i did.

No beautiful graphics.

I love you, You love me, Lets go kill those dammn NC's With their jackhammer shotguns, And their Phoenix Missiles too, and make them wish they were barney's too.
Old 2004-03-27, 02:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Spee
Colonel

Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
mmm..I think you just validated his point.

No, youre misunderstanding which point I was replying to, and I take blame for that, cause Im a lazy fuck that doesnt like to edit quotes.

People bitching about 65 FPS need to be shot You cant mentally process more than 60, so STFU. And, the reason I got shitty frames is because im playing on an eMachine, not because PS code is a flaming pile o' crap, which I admit it is.
Old 2004-03-27, 02:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

Spee, stop flaming man, the freakin graphics are crap and need to be fixed along with the code. This problem should be the player bases next mod of assault to the devs.

Old 2004-03-27, 02:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
BigFreak
Sergeant Major

Yea, the prerelease videos and box art are a little misleading, for these reasons, heh.
Old 2004-03-27, 02:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

average i get between .08 and 103 fps, normal (not zerg)battle conditions are around 20-30

zerg is 10-25, though lately it seems to be getting a bit better

It woudl be nice to have better FPS but alot of it is the fact that no other games has ever done this before, and you need alot of power to keep trak of 100+ people.

People that say it should be put onto a different engie for better FPS (unreal warfare being the one most wanted) are dumb as that is a max of 30 some plaers and we would acctualy get worse FPS in ps with that

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.

Last edited by Rbstr; 2004-03-27 at 02:37 PM.
Old 2004-03-27, 02:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
TheN00b
Colonel

PS loses a lot of players to UT2004 and CS, the kind of players who aren't used to the grinding frustration of waiting 10 seconds to do anything. This is an important issue, and I feel that the Devs should take serious steps to try and correct it.
Old 2004-03-27, 03:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
PhoenixTypeX
Corporal

Did you notice when I said I was standing still and looking at a wall? I've played with 10FPS too so STFU Spee I'm fed up of you constantly flaming everyone, who gives you the damn right to criticise my opinion and as usual you have taken the thread off at a tangent ignoring the issue. Read the thread title its called FPS issues not flaming thread. I feel the FPS issue needs to be sorted and alot of resources should be put into it.
Old 2004-03-27, 04:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Glaynor
Sergeant Major

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by Spee
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You win the I'm an obnoxious ass award of the week.
Old 2004-03-27, 04:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
ORANGE
First Lieutenant

Spee your brain can't process over 45 fps actually not 60. Other than that I'm staying out of this flame war
Old 2004-03-27, 04:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

Flames end now, back to topic people. FPS Optimization.

Old 2004-03-27, 04:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
PhoenixTypeX
Corporal

I was wondering what you guys would think about a large download? Lets say if a 500mb patch was released which sorted out the FPS issues and how Planetside is optimised (for the good) would you be prepared to accept it with open arms?
Old 2004-03-27, 05:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

If it solved all the studder and such, i wouldn't care at all.

Old 2004-03-27, 05:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Seer
Major

Most of their end users have broadband. The other part, imo, is whether or not they are willing to pay for the bandwidth for every customer to pull down a 500mb patch.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion