Outfit Bases - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Why are you looking up here?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2002-12-03, 02:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Mold
Sergeant

and what happens to an outfits base once it is taken over? Is it destroy and all members of that outfit are disbannded? no thats rediculous....is it taken over by the conquering outfit? No that wont work if multiple outfits are attacking. Will it become a regular capture point controled by the captors? No, then they will end up everywhere. Where will they be made? If they are all at the main continent they would never be attacked, and never be used by the members, if they where on any controlled continent then continents would be alot harder to take over..."finaly we got the last one...oh no wait 3 more have been built on the other side."

It simply would not work. More buildings = more server lag anyway. Plus its an empire not a bunch of different groups fighting for the same cause. You should only have one true home base. And if it where limited to large outfits then it would be unfair for smaller outfits and cause new players to be less willing to start their own outfit...
Anyway i guess thats a little more the 2 cents so keep the change.
Old 2002-12-03, 02:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Zarparchior
Dragoon Admiral

I concur with Mold.
Old 2002-12-03, 03:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Zumthor
Staff Sergeant

Im with Hamma.
Old 2002-12-03, 06:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
SVoyager
Contributor
Corporal

S! mold and zaraparchior. very good points u got there.

i agree with most of what you both said there, it could be a good problem to balance it overall. Lots of stuff to think about indeed.

That pretty much reaches a deadend. Cant use it because there could be too much bases, cant limit it to higher squads would make more reluctant to start new squad, cant limit it to main base as it would become useless, localized squads wouldnt use them because at night time they could just lose the base without any defenders, could affect client performance. Few other points other ppl posted but a lot of them can have workarounds/fixes.

I agree it could be a problem. How could we fix these. . *puts on thinking cap*. open to ideas.

2$
Old 2002-12-03, 07:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Jinxmasta
Second Lieutenant

Now that I think of it, it isn't such a great idea. So I guess I'm with Hamma on this one.

I Qanamil_Rafiki for this sig!
Old 2002-12-03, 08:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

I disagree with housing like Outfit bases. It's just not right. You're part of the army, not some band of mercenaries.

However, on that note it'd be cool if Outfits could gain Outfit Experience. As people gain BEPs or CEPs (CEPs would be worth double) the Outfit gains OEPs. OEPs could be used to let members of the Outfit buy slightly enhanced versions of their faction's equipment, or other slight bonuses. Dunno, but something that allows more advancement/customization for Outfits would be quite cool.
Old 2002-12-03, 09:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Tobias
I'm with the Vanu

The NC and TR outfits work hard to get their outfit base's, but, as will happen, the Vanu cap em, and
ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO VANU
gets spray painted on the walls, and it becomes Vanu, all that hard work and BEP's wasted. I dont like the idea.
Old 2002-12-03, 09:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Kaikou
Second Lieutenant

only way built bases would work is if the original bases placed are far better...and the built bases would just give a position advantage...otherwise yes everyone would just forget about the originally placed bases...

That idea could work with the "already out there" outposts of course, and I like that idea, it wouldn't be an outfit attempt, it would be a faction attempt...or empire...or whatever you wanna call it

It works that way in asherons call as well, there are castles (that have to be rebuilt...) and you can do things such as place turrets (yes..there are turrets in asherons call...don't ask...) build walls, etc...I think this concept would be a good idea for bases in PS. Things like upgrading turrets, making base harder to hack, etc would be a good touch. That way all bases aren't the same and a hacker who knows his way around them can get straight to the console and hack it, knowing where the base defenses are...It gives it an unpredictable twist which would make recon a much more useful role.

A game that you can't modify to your liking...is not a good game...
Old 2002-12-03, 11:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
snipe
Corporal

just capture a base that is kind of hidden and set up lots of defenses. there you go! a good outfit base.
Old 2002-12-03, 11:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Mold
Sergeant

Ok how bout this watered down, yet doable concept,
Perhaps outfits can select or be assigned existing outposts that they can claim as their outfits fort. This could be made official by having banners or outfit names displayed on the outpost somewhere. But since there are only so few outposts out there, dozens of outfits could share. As many as names that you can fit on a wall. Each outfit should only be given a location once, so if it is taken over they would be like "Hey! Get out of my base you silly terrens. You will not hold it over night, i vow!" Personaly i would defend an outpost a little more seriously if it had my name on it, wouldnt you? This would add a fun personal level to the game and would give outifts a constant rallying point for discussion and gathering of troops. Since there would be no real perks to having an outpost assigned to you, there is no real disadvantage to loosing your outpost to an enemy. I wouldnt imagine it would take a lot of coding or modeling
Old 2002-12-04, 08:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Hamma
PSU Admin

It is most definatly an interesting concept. Cant deny that

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2002-12-04, 08:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Jinxmasta
Second Lieutenant

I also thought of that idea but did not post it for the simple reason that most people will need to join an outfit to feel like they are actually using a base. After a while there would be no bases left that aren't claimed by outfits and so you're forced to join.

EDIT - Ok so you wouldn't be forced but you would feel unimportant when nearly everyone at all the bases are certain outfits and then you are... nothing.

I Qanamil_Rafiki for this sig!

Last edited by Jinxmasta; 2002-12-04 at 08:13 PM.
Old 2002-12-04, 09:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
TheSHiFT
Staff Sergeant

i dont think it would be a bad idea to be able to upgrade \existing outposts
Old 2002-12-08, 03:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Kriege
Corporal

weeeee

Dudeeeeeeeeeeeeee, I wanna get a outfit and snipe from my 2nd floor window
Old 2002-12-09, 01:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
BLuE_ZeRO
l33t Whore