Vehicle seat-switching - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: We can, we have, we will.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-05-20, 03:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Toppopia
Major

Re: Vehicle seat-switching

I would also like a delay in entering/exiting vehicles. Sooo many times in BF3 i have been close to killing a vehicle, then they jump out and survive, or attacking a jet, finally disable it, then low and behold, the enemy jumps out and survives, making all my hard work, almost completely a waste of time.
Old 2012-05-20, 04:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Mechzz
Major

Originally Posted by Toppopia View Post
I would also like a delay in entering/exiting vehicles. Sooo many times in BF3 i have been close to killing a vehicle, then they jump out and survive, or attacking a jet, finally disable it, then low and behold, the enemy jumps out and survives, making all my hard work, almost completely a waste of time.
It's not hard work to kill tanks in BF. Jets/helis are harder, I agree, but tanks are not that hard to kill. And if the guy jumps out, well done to him on having sufficient awareness to survive. Your next move, of course, is to mercilessly gun him down.

Being "locked into" a tank is no fun for the guy on the receiving end, so giving him the bail option helps that no end. It's quite exciting to get away from a heli/jet/missile/AV gun/AT-mine and live to tell the tale. And "locked in" is every single time. Even with bail you don't escape every single time, so it's not lilke bailing is over-powered.
Old 2012-05-20, 07:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Stardouser
Colonel

Originally Posted by Mechzz View Post
It's not hard work to kill tanks in BF. Jets/helis are harder, I agree, but tanks are not that hard to kill. And if the guy jumps out, well done to him on having sufficient awareness to survive. Your next move, of course, is to mercilessly gun him down.

Being "locked into" a tank is no fun for the guy on the receiving end, so giving him the bail option helps that no end. It's quite exciting to get away from a heli/jet/missile/AV gun/AT-mine and live to tell the tale. And "locked in" is every single time. Even with bail you don't escape every single time, so it's not lilke bailing is over-powered.
This. Vehicles are assets, forcing someone out of it is a victory even without a kill.

I still believe in vehicle crew kits though; if you are going to man the driver or gunner positions of a tank or aircraft it would be great for game balance if you were limited to pistol and engineer repair tools.
Old 2012-05-20, 07:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Mechzz
Major

Originally Posted by Stardouser View Post
This. Vehicles are assets, forcing someone out of it is a victory even without a kill.

I still believe in vehicle crew kits though; if you are going to man the driver or gunner positions of a tank or aircraft it would be great for game balance if you were limited to pistol and engineer repair tools.
Ya, in PS1 you were limited to light armour to drive. They may extend that to all gunnable positions for PS2 with easy seat-switching.
Old 2012-05-20, 07:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Stardouser
Colonel

Ya, in PS1 you were limited to light armour to drive. They may extend that to all gunnable positions for PS2 with easy seat-switching.
I didn't just mean light armor though, I also mean, literally, pistol, repair tool and maybe a minor medpac. Last thing you want to see is light assault busting out of that wounded tank before it pops and then they fly over you and drop C4 on your head before you can react(and you won't be able to in a close quarters armor battle). Especially with no exit animations....and no I don't want animations, I'm just saying.
Old 2012-05-20, 07:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Immigrant
First Lieutenant

I don't mind changing the seats without exiting vehicles at all. Most tanks designs allow that, it would be more unnatural having to exit them to change the seat imo. Anyway all multi-crew vehicles will be underpowered when undermanned so I don't see a gameplay issue.
Old 2012-05-20, 07:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Originally Posted by Mr DeCastellac View Post
You're confusing "balanced" with "nerfed". Balance can go either way.

And the pilot shouldn't be able to switch because, in my opinion, it's unrealistic. If you were flying a real aircraft, you wouldn't get out of the pilot seat and run over to a gunning position. Nobody would be flying the ship.
If we have some version of autopilot then I can see the pilot getting up and moving to a gunners seat. But I think on a busy battlefield that would just be suicide. This being a sandbox environment I think it would be ok to have something like that in just because it gives you options.
Old 2012-05-20, 07:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Mechzz
Major

Originally Posted by Sledgecrushr View Post
If we have some version of autopilot then I can see the pilot getting up and moving to a gunners seat. But I think on a busy battlefield that would just be suicide. This being a sandbox environment I think it would be ok to have something like that in just because it gives you options.
I'm generally in favour of leaving things as open as possible so we can get creative. On auto-pilots though, while a straight-line-cruise would be OK, I wouldn't want a Gal Gunship pilot to be able to set his plane to circle a base at 200m and then pop into the gunner seat for a few easy kills?
Old 2012-05-20, 01:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Mr DeCastellac
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Sledgecrushr View Post
I suppose it does depend on whether or not there is an autopilot. I haven't heard anything about it, and it would be kind of cheap to set your liberator on autopilot as you jump in the bomber seat and start dropping bombs all over the enemy base. I think we should stress inter-faction teamwork, and a big part of that would be getting some other player, even a complete stranger, to help you fly.
Old 2012-05-20, 01:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Stardouser
Colonel

I'm generally in favour of leaving things as open as possible so we can get creative. On auto-pilots though, while a straight-line-cruise would be OK, I wouldn't want a Gal Gunship pilot to be able to set his plane to circle a base at 200m and then pop into the gunner seat for a few easy kills?
I would definitely like to see a straight line autoleveler.
Old 2012-05-20, 02:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Gelgoog
Private

I wouldn't mind transferring seats while your inside a vehicle. Jumping to that AA gun quickly could make a huge difference.

However I would still like to see the enter/exit animations like we had in PS1. Instantly phasing out of your vehicle just seems a bit odd. One of my favorite things in PS1 was to watch everyone jump in their vehicle, or the process of loading up a galaxy.
Old 2012-05-20, 03:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Ceska
Corporal

it makes perfect sense ^^

Otherwise, I'm OK for stopping the vehicule before seat switching, maybe with a 0.5~1s transfert time.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion